Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Yeah really. I wanna know what brands suck. But I also wanna know who's got the best juice 4cheap.
That's easy. Ohm's Vapes. Check the thread out. What you won't see is hardly Anyone say a flavor is bad.
Cheap w/Uber Fast processing.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: Darth Xibalba

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
Real simple stuff. Capellas vanilla custard v2 flavouring at 5% or so at 5-6mg 100%PG. If I feel like a change I add some peach or banana or strawberry or whatever when I top up the tank. They are usually Hangsen liquids that I add. I make my Vanilla Custard
4-500ml. at a time depending on the amount of flavouring on hand.
Vanilla cupcake is good too, used it before as well as Vanilla bean ice cream by Flavour west I think, not sure, they are all good imo, but in case you haven't noticed, I really like vanilla, but not the plain as much. It's a great "base" mix to build upon. YMMV. Cheers.
I thought that a max VG was the best way to go for smoothness and flavor? What's the advantage of max PG?

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I thought that a max VG was the best way to go for smoothness and flavor? What's the advantage of max PG?
I discovered the VG gave me tightness in my chest early on with 50/50 mixes. DIY was needed to find the cause of my issue. I get a 50/50 nic base and the Hangsen flavour I sometimes add in has some VG, but once diluted in my vanilla mix the vg levels are very low, well less than 10%. Can't vape most of what is on the market nowadays due to the market shifting to high levels of VG, it never used to be that way. Using high PG has benefits, I use less favouring, get more throat hit, get good flavour, makes mixing and buying base simpler, get less dense clouds so it's easier to be stealthy, get great satisfaction at 60 watts or less so save battery power and lower juice consumption(i think). The "clouds bro" generation that drove the juice makers to high VG are the bane of my existence sort of. My choice to buy pre-made is getting less and less as makers seem to phase out the PG in there liquids. I'd like to try some of the new creations but cannot so I say screw 'em, my DIY works fine for me. Friday was my 3 year smoke free vapaversary, without DIY I may be still smoking, without PG as a base I'd be living with a puffer in my mouth. Long live DIY. Cheers.

Last edited:

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
East TN
decent juice can be had anywhere really, a buddy at work had got some house liquid from ejuice mafia and it was really good. I would highly recommend staying away from the TheVapeMall's discount line. Even after letting it steep for a month straight the product still came out poor.

Huehugh

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Absolute crap = mount baker vapor.
I don't care for = nicoticket.
My explanation... I started my vape journey with mbv. Their cheap prices were the draw. I was starting out and didn't know what crap juice tasted like. Now I do. Pure chemicals. Never again! !

Allot of people rave about nicoticket. Their virus and wakonda ate sort of legendary. I didn't care for them at all. Especially the virus.. chemical yuck.

Everyones tastes are different I guess.

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
Absolute crap = mount baker vapor.
I don't care for = nicoticket.
My explanation... I started my vape journey with mbv. Their cheap prices were the draw. I was starting out and didn't know what crap juice tasted like. Now I do. Pure chemicals. Never again! !

Allot of people rave about nicoticket. Their virus and wakonda ate sort of legendary. I didn't care for them at all. Especially the virus.. chemical yuck.

Everyones tastes are different I guess.
Well that's disappointing to hear, since I just got shipment from Mount Baker Vapor. I have heard that they need to steep. Maybe their juice has an alcohol blend instead of PG, which would require steeping. Guess I'll find out, vape and learn!
I did also just get some juice from Humble, two 120ml for $25, & it is awesome! I got vape the rainbow which is rainbow sherbet/skittles, and smash mouth which is strawberry cheesecake. U can choose any flavors in the BOGO deal too

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
As much as I hate say this about this absolutely incredible line of juices, I'd have to say Coastal Butter by Liquid EFX. Now that isn't to say the juice is bad, It's just a very acquired taste with very rich tones of Bourbon and Amaretto Italian liquor with very subtle shades of vanilla and coconut. Keep in mind this was my first foray into alcoholic drink based juices and I just am not digging it despite loving Kentucky Whisky and Amaretto. Hell, I even tried every other one of Liquid Efx's line and I love them all!!! Well except this one anyhow.

And then there is that god aweful and absolutely disgusting Vape Wild Bananza Nut bread that looked like motor oil and tasted like burnt bananna bread. Lets just say out of the 9 flavors I got with that sample pack from VW, I only really liked 3 flavors.. Fruit Hoops, Broke Down Slow Down and their coffee one. I have to say that Fruit Hoops doesn't compare to Looper and Kilo's answer to Fruit Loops but again it may not be the case for everyone.

For my first impression of a budget juice line, VW didn't impress me much other than those 3 really.

These are the only two juices I either had to give away or throw out of maybe 40 flavor I've tried so far.

Last edited:

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
As much as I hate say this about this absolutely incredible line of juices, I'd have to say Coastal Butter by Liquid EFX. Now that isn't to say the juice is bad, It's just a very acquired taste with very rich tones of Bourbon and Amaretto Italian liquor with very subtle shades of vanilla and coconut. Keep in mind this was my first foray into alcoholic drink based juices and I just am not digging it despite loving Kentucky Whisky and Amaretto. Hell, I even tried every other one of Liquid Efx's line and I love them all!!! Well except this one anyhow.

And then there is that god aweful and absolutely disgusting Vape Wild Bananza Nut bread that looked like motor oil and tasted like burnt bananna bread.

These are the only two juices I either had to give away or throw out of maybe 40 flavor I've tried so far.
Good 2 know since I've been buying alot of Vape Wild. I hadn't tried that banana bread one yet. I did get the banana candy which I like alot. ( tastes like banana Runts). The only one I have been disappointed with so far was the bubblegum, but maybe it just needs to steep. (I hope).
Haven't tried any booze flavors, but then again I don't drink so I probably wouldn't like em

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Well that's disappointing to hear, since I just got shipment from Mount Baker Vapor. I have heard that they need to steep. Maybe their juice has an alcohol blend instead of PG, which would require steeping. Guess I'll find out, vape and learn!
8-12 hours with the caps off. Try it. Doesn't taste right give em a week (caps on) then try again.
Repeat as needed.
Anything more than 12 hours with the caps off and you're just evaporating flavor.
Some people try it right out of the box and like it, some don't and just complain about it.

There's a Vape Shop owner near me that always rags about MBV.
I always ask him to try my DIY and "like it?" "what flavors do you get from it?"
He almost always likes it and tells me what notes he gets.
I don't tell him that it's my DIY MBV Blue Moo, MBV Banana Cream Pie, MBV Hawk Sauce, etc
Some people just like ragging on things.

Never try blind. Always find out what flavors to try from each supplier.
Just because it sounds good doesn't mean they make it well.

I've tried over 100 MBV & Flavor West flavors. About 10-15 were crap.
I keep about 25 in stock.
My MBV Top 10 - Moo Juice, Blue Moo, Hawk Sauce, Banana Cream Pie, Sticky Bun, Butterscotch, Cinnamon Roll, Graham Cracker, Peanut Butter & Grape in no particular order but Butterscotch, Banana Cream Pie & Hawk Sauce might be my favorites

What MBV flavors did you get?

Last edited:

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
8-12 hours with the caps off. Try it. Doesn't taste right give em a week (caps on) then try again.
Repeat as needed.
Anything more than 12 hours with the caps off and you're just evaporating flavor.
Some people try it right out of the box and like it, some don't and just complain about it.

There's a Vape Shop owner near me that always rags about MBV.
I always ask him to try my DIY and "like it?" "what flavors do you get from it?"
He almost always likes it and tells me what notes he gets.
I don't tell him that it's my DIY MBV Blue Moo, MBV Banana Cream Pie, MBV Hawk Sauce, etc
Some people just like ragging on things.

Never try blind. Always find out what flavors to try from each supplier.
Just because it sounds good doesn't mean they make it well.

What MBV flavors did you get?
Good tip I'll try that. From MBV I got banana cream pie, blue moo, and bubblegum. And they gave me some watermelon for my freebie, but doesn't have any nic

Reactions: Mowgli

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Good 2 know since I've been buying alot of Vape Wild. I hadn't tried that banana bread one yet. I did get the banana candy which I like alot. ( tastes like banana Runts). The only one I have been disappointed with so far was the bubblegum, but maybe it just needs to steep. (I hope).
Haven't tried any booze flavors, but then again I don't drink so I probably wouldn't like em

Yeah aparantly a lot of people really like it but to me It was almost unvapable. It was steeped about 5 weeks before I vaped it as well and turned from a light amber upon receiving it to a black motor oil 5 weeks later.

I actually ordered the Bananna Runts with my next order! I still haven't found that perfect bananna vape yet! :(

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Good tip I'll try that. From MBV I got banana cream pie, blue moo, and bubblegum. And they gave me some watermelon for my freebie, but doesn't have any nic
The candy watermelon is better imo but watermelon's still pretty good.
I haven't tried their bubblegum.
The other 2 are excellent :thumb:

I edited my post after you quoted me. Check it out.

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
Yeah aparantly a lot of people really like it but to me It was almost unvapable. It was steeped about 5 weeks before I vaped it as well and turned from a light amber upon receiving it to a black motor oil 5 weeks later.

I actually ordered the Bananna Runts with my next order! I still haven't found that perfect bananna vape yet! :(
Well if ya like banana Runts then you'll like it cuz I think it tastes just like em! I always pick out & eat the banana Runts first. I haven't tried the June mystery flavor yet but I loved the teddy grahams one from May! Currently vaping some Smurf Cake and luving it

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Repeat as needed.

I think I may have left them with the caps off overnight for two nights.. so maybe 16 to 20 hours or so. Do you think this could have made my Bananza Nut Bread turn the way it did? I didn't notice any other bad tastes with any of them other than that particular flavor though.

I'm going to give VW only one more try as I wasn't happy at all with MBV, Mechsauce or Artisan Vapes either. I'm starting to believe that for me at least premium just may be the way to go. That's not to say that these budget juices aren't decent though.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Well if ya like banana Runts then you'll like it cuz I think it tastes just like em! I always pick out & eat the banana Runts first. I haven't tried the June mystery flavor yet but I loved the teddy grahams one from May! Currently vaping some Smurf Cake and luving it

I love Runts and I'm looking forward to it! I don't know about June's mystery flavor but I got April 16th which was their King Cake. Smurf cake is on the way as well since I keep hearing people raving about that one particular flavor so much.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I think I may have left them with the caps off overnight for two nights.. so maybe 16 to 20 hours or so. Do you think this could have made my Bananza Nut Bread turn the way it did? I didn't notice any other bad tastes with any of them other than that particular flavor though.
16-20 probably wouldn't hurt but I doubt the extra helped.
I didn't finish their Banana Nut Bread. It was ok on flavor but super gunky.
Darker juices tend to be gunky and that stuff is near black.
Lighter juices can be gunky too but very dark is usually a gunker as a general rule.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I still haven't found that perfect bananna vape yet! :(
I like MBV Banana Cream Pie.
It's pretty light, very smooth and not too gunky.
Their plain Banana flavor is a great candy banana like a Jolly Rancher or something.
Their other "candy" fruit flavors that I like are Grape & Green Apple.
I don't know if they still carry those. I only get their MBV "Specialty Flavorings"
I get Flavor West flavors instead of MBV unless they're "specialty" because FW is much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread