Why am I wheezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winscoesay

Jan 26, 2016
I've been vaping for a good few months now, and occasionally I'll come across a flavour that causes me to wheeze, or at least I believe it to be the flavour. Currently I'm running an aspire triton with a 0.4 ohm coil and I'm vaping Space Jam (Solstice) and it's causing me to wheeze slightly after a few puffs, could it be the high VG in the liquid? I'm pretty unsure and it's becoming frustrating.

Winscoesay

Jan 26, 2016
I've been vaping for a good few months now, and occasionally I'll come across a flavour that causes me to wheeze, or at least I believe it to be the flavour. Currently I'm running an aspire triton with a 0.4 ohm coil and I'm vaping Space Jam (Solstice) and it's causing me to wheeze slightly after a few puffs, could it be the high VG in the liquid? I'm pretty unsure and it's becoming frustrating.
The wheezing only lasts for about 10 minutes or so aswell.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Problems from vg are usually described as a heavy feeling in the lungs. I had that issue and it felt like I just wasn't extracting the oxygen. I take 'wheezing' to be an audible sign of a restriction. It's more likely to be related to flavor or possible even the pg. There is a range of pg issues from harshness to actual allergic reaction. The latter is rare, but it does happen.

Reactions: Winscoesay

CaptSpaulding78

Jan 25, 2016
Anoka, MN
I just finished a 15ml of that exact juice, space jams solstice, and while it wasn't my favorite flavor, I didn't get any wheezing from it myself. I have noticed some juices cause extra phlegm, or at least that's what I perceive. But hard to say really, being off cigarettes for almost two months now, I'm sure crud is still working its way loose in there. I have noticed sometimes raising the wattage, or temp if you're running TC, can help if it's a juice that likes more heat.

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have only been vaping for about 2 1/2 months. When I smoked, my wheezing had gotten really bad. Especially at night when I went to bed, I often sounded like I had a dozen tiny whistles in my mouth. My GF would complain--or more I should say she was concerned. Only 2 1/2 months into vaping and the wheezing has totally gone away.

Winscoesay

Jan 26, 2016
I just finished a 15ml of that exact juice, space jams solstice, and while it wasn't my favorite flavor, I didn't get any wheezing from it myself. I have noticed some juices cause extra phlegm, or at least that's what I perceive. But hard to say really, being off cigarettes for almost two months now, I'm sure crud is still working its way loose in there. I have noticed sometimes raising the wattage, or temp if you're running TC, can help if it's a juice that likes more heat.
That totally could be it, I've been cold turkey-ing cigarettes since new year. Here's to hoping it's just everything in there is just loosening up.

CaptSpaulding78

Jan 25, 2016
Anoka, MN
I personally don't get too concerned with occasional wheezing, as i trust the ingredients the juices i use. For over 26 years I kept my lungs full of smoke and chemicals, got to think gonna some time to regen the ol' air bags... That being said, if you have issues breathing, shortness of breath, constricted chest, etc., do get that checked out, as it may be allergy related.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I would go flavorless for a few days and see if it goes away. If it doesn't then i would experiment with vaping higher vg/pg and rule one of those out as the culprit. Your lungs may be trying to tell you something and it may be something your vaping. If it is a flavor or pg/vg, it's only going to get worse until you make some changes. At the end of the day it may just be your lungs are clearing things out...but I would first rule out all the above first before making that assumption and ignoring it. Nothing worse then a asthma attack and having your lungs inflamed for a week or two and can't breath.

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread