Why are people still dripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman4274

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
south west florida
it all comes down to options, the same reason you can buy 15 different scented laundry detergents. To give the people choice. And to answer the op, dripping is just awesome for testing juices from my short history with vaping, but i have been reading a ton of information found here on ecf.

Cartomizers are by far the simplest form of vaping and to me is the best mthod, i do enjoy using tanks and atomizers to drip but to me that is more of a at home, relaxing around the house,sittin in front of my pc thing... Not out and about working, shopping, driving etc... So if you utilize the options like this each one with its own purpose why not drip.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
Tried boge cartos, tanks (smoktech and liquinators), CE2's, smart carts etc. I drip exclusively for all the reasons others have stated. 5volts + 2.5 ohm I06 atty + VG heavy tastyness = BLISS. Yeah I drip N' drive (OMG!!!) hey I'm careful and have it down to a science. If I'm gonna vape; I will enjoy it or won't bother. Tried the ego variations, provari, silver bullet, and all of the aforementioned accessories to find what satisfies me and it is the GLV2 and an IO6 atty. My rig and a bottle of juice is all I need to enjoy myself.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think the manual transmission comparison is spot-on! (Mr. Mann, that might have been a good point for your recent analogy thread!).

Advantages of dripping vs cartos for me:

- no concerns about leaking
- flavor and vapor production always stellar
- no concerns about juice consistency and wicking, etc...VG juices are no issue here
- easily switch flavors, can go back and forth between vanilla and tobacco in the same atty every other vape
- easy to try a new flavor without committing a carto to it
And I'd like to add the following to this fine list...
- easy to add a drop or two of WTA as needed

Also, I like the ritual involved in dripping.
It replaces most of the ritual that I lost when I stopped smoking.

And I also like that dripping can be used to provide a definite starting and stopping point.
Kind of like having a cigarette did, which was one of the things I liked about them.

Last edited:

Tarkvemada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
I'm dripping because that way I got the best possible vapor and flavor.. Can't say I'm really loving the fact I have to drip a few drops every frickin' couple of minutes.. lol I use Stardust which is not that bad.. Tried to use some 3.5 ml tanks - but I'm probably has no luck with it.. They def suck. I ordered some US made tanks which I really hope will be better quality than chinese. For now- attys and some modified cartos with no filler..

jherron

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
West Virginia
for me its the most hassle free and reliable vape there is . a good mechanical mod paired with hh357 atomizer and a quality drip shield cant be beat .

ive tried about every carto , ce2 tank combination and everyone of them i always felt like i was looking for more or something better . and for the first time in 2 years of vaping im completely content with my hardware im no longer on a quest for the next best thing

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
One of the biggest problems I had with cartos is the amount of air to vapor to flavor.

I know there are too many different cartos and attys to lump together, so I will be focusing on standard 510 single coil attys and single coils cartomizers, all standard resistance. I have had similar heat production from both of these so I will leave that out for now.

Cartos always felt like I was sucking on a air hose with some essence of flavor accompanying the vapor, plus what little flavor is obtained is adulterated by the filler. Attys seem to give densely flavored vapor with little air to dilute and obstruct the experience.

Cartomizer: air : vapor : flavor

Atomizers: flavor : vapor : air

Last edited:

sea

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Maybe dripping appeals to me since it is so minimalist. I like the ritual of dripping as well and refilling is significantly less work than smoking. It's in my muscle memory now and I can drip while walking without pausing or spilling over the side. I've tried other methods, but I since I buy the expensive organic juice, it just seems like a waste of flavor to enjoy it any other way especially since I prefer VG.

I've been rotating attys since I starting vaping and just now have two on the fritz, after 1.5 years. The juice really makes a difference things getting clogged and I reserve a couple attys for coffee flavors and blend on the rest of them. I don't vape strong flavors besides coffee: caramel, buttercream mint, EcoPure Rich, berries so it's not a problem.

My question would be: Why are people still NOT dripping? :D

mipo7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2008
British Columbia, Canada
I have been a dripper for more than 2.5 years. An atomizer can now last me at least 2 months, providing excellent throat hit, good vapor production and great taste. Have tried out some clearomizers recently and the one thing I noticed was that it provided huge plumes of vapor at the expense of vast quantities of juice.
I guess I like to have more control of the amount of juice I use, and knowing that the two or three drops I put in the atomizer is enough for a satisfying vape. I don't need room filling clouds of vapor, and am completely satisfied with what an atomizer provides.
BTW, I recently discovered the 1.5 ohm dual coil atomizer, and they provide the best vape I have ever experienced.

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
I dripped for a looong time. The flavor is much better no doubt. A carto mutes it significantly. I switched because cartos are more convienant and cheaper. Im pretty much a chain vaper. Occasionally I breathe vapeless air-when I sleep lol.

At the end, I was buying cheaper attys 5 for $25 because they were lasting about the same as the 8 or 9 $ ones.

I tried clearos a few boxes worth, they always aggravated me. Until I found them in my stash again....Originally I saw the videos on how to make them work better by flaring the wick etc. Guess what, now I follow the directions and just use a syringe and they work fine lol Thanks youtube

Even cartos have a learning curve. if you don't get them completely saturated they can taste like burning caca- which was the problem at had in the beginning.

I think I would like to try the new visions....never happy lol

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
Sometimes its kind of nice to have flavours mix briefly. I sometimes drip strategically/experimentally with two or more juices. Can be quite enjoyable and lead to awesome mixed juices.

This is a big plus for me too! Now, I'm all over the map and I primarily use the DCT, but I still whip out my atty from time to time - mainly to test out samples, etc. For me a lot of this is evolution. When I started vaping, it was all about filling cartridges. Then we went to fluval foam, the tea bag thing, 510 cartomizers and then to the drip tip on a SR 510. Then dripping on the LR 510. Then we discovered the LR 306 which I used for a LONG time exclusively - was an excellent atty for dripping. Then tanks started to pop up everywhere and I was hooked as my primary method - mainly due to convenience as I vape like a pig!

But from time to time, I do enjoy dripping - maybe it's vaping nostalgia :) As a matter of fact, this thread has me with my good old 510 dripping some tasty kona creme and loving it!

icanbreatheagain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
strong island, ny
I dripped for a looong time. The flavor is much better no doubt. A carto mutes it significantly. I switched because cartos are more convienant and cheaper. Im pretty much a chain vaper. Occasionally I breathe vapeless air-when I sleep lol.

At the end, I was buying cheaper attys 5 for $25 because they were lasting about the same as the 8 or 9 $ ones.

I tried clearos a few boxes worth, they always aggravated me. Until I found them in my stash again....Originally I saw the videos on how to make them work better by flaring the wick etc. Guess what, now I follow the directions and just use a syringe and they work fine lol Thanks youtube

Even cartos have a learning curve. if you don't get them completely saturated they can taste like burning caca- which was the problem at had in the beginning.

I think I would like to try the new visions....never happy lol

the new visions are pretty sweet after you learn to not overfill lol. day 2 and loving em

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Four items that might really deserve mention in this thread regarding types of dripping - The GLV3 configured as a top feeder - The VVPV which is a VV Top feeder - The DOD (drip on demand system) - The Vape Mate which is an add on for a PV to top feed your atty.

Not all dripping requires the action of dripping.

EDIT: I think people reading this thread might also benefit from Grim Green's favorite vapes. He explains what he likes and why he likes it. Though it a long video, he has some cool gear to show off.

And to the OP - Great thread. One of the more interesting threads I've subscribed to in a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread