Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I know the 808 was originally touted as the first 2-piece e-cigarette. But am I the only one wishing there were 808 atomizers?

901 atties will work with a MANUAL 808. That's great for dripper. And while the GP901 atomizer from Good prophets has been recommended for the Volt, I don't know if they work with autos. Even if they do, GP doesn't offer 901 tank atomizers.

Right now I've got 2 different adapters and an order of 510-t atomizers in the mail, I love the tank & atty system so much.

Am I alone in wanting a dedicated 808 atomizer?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
And yet I wish it was the opposite... I wish more devices came with native 808/901 connections...I use big battery mods and such but absolutely love the 901p 1.5 ohm Atty from empiremods.com so I have to use adaptors on everything.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Why?

There are mods for 808/901. The Gripper, Roughstack, 905 Screwdriver, V4L's OMG(?), Innokin iTaste. I think only the Gripper and iTaste are VV though. There are also Twist/Spinner styles; NHaler's Revolver, V4L's Dial-A-Volt, Smoov's Rev.

Of course, if you're using a Provari or Vamo then you're SOL. ;)

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I think generally by the time people are ready for Dripping or for Tanks... they're also ready for a more robust system than is offered in 808.

The industry is quickly moving towards a 510 standard...
I don't really get the "robust" label. The only thing 808's are missing are RBA's and the Vivi Nova, and there are enough mixed reviews on the Vivi Nova that I don't even consider that an issue.

I do agree on the 510 standard though, which is a shame.

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
Why?

There are mods for 808/901. The Gripper, Roughstack, 905 Screwdriver, V4L's OMG(?), Innokin iTaste. I think only the Gripper and iTaste are VV though. There are also Twist/Spinner styles; NHaler's Revolver, V4L's Dial-A-Volt, Smoov's Rev.

Of course, if you're using a Provari or Vamo then you're SOL. ;)

Yea I have all American made devices such as the BAM, silver bullet, and the provari...I do have a gripper (510 type) but hated the PWM feel and the build quality was lacking compared to my other devices which is why I went to the provari. Unfortunately the only American made mod that comes with a 901 connection is the empire and they are hard to come by.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
I haven't grabbed a mod yet. I probably never will, because of my preferences. I do have an iGo Revolver, which works well enough, but I've rediscovered a love of automatics.

i have a OMG all day kit in my V4L shopping cart. im just not ready to pull the trigger. i like a manual bat when im just chilling at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread