Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Back on to the subject of batteries, does anyone know of a company offering the KR808DM-1 in automatic? The DM-1 was perfect in terms of size and feel, and I'd love an automatic model.

I've owned every type of 808 PV out there, and the DM-1 is still my favorite. If only it didn't have that pesky button.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Do they even make them in auto?
I don't know.

S.I. offers the X2 in automatic. As far as I know they're the only company offering a vGo-style auto. Most other vendors offering a big batt 808 just sell the Echo.

It's not a very popular model, so I doubt it. Still it would be nice.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Yes, although I've never wanted an auto X2. Didn't mind the auto Volts, but prefer manual. I doubt you'll find an auto KR808DM-1. Sorry - Nhaler seem to be the main vendor, and they don't have any.

I am the same way. I like stick batts as autos (though I don't use them anymore) but don't care for the big batts in auto form.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hey now. The Echo is the way to go. Especially since I can't have my M1/M3 in auto form.

What's the draw like on those? Some-one asked me what the benefits of automatics are and apart from saying you don't have to push a button I couldn't think of anything else. What do you like about an automatic Johnnie?

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I like the Echo. It's been so many PV's ago since I last used any other auto I couldn't really say how it compares.

This thing has a nice smooth draw. It really is as close to smoking a cigarette as I think you can get with vaping. You barely put your lips on the thing and you're getting a nice warm vape. I've even gone so far as to hold it in my teeth and just breathe normally and the switch is being activated.

And yet it's not going off with loud music or high winds or anything of that nature. I'm told most Echos aren't sealed, but if there's a hole through the center post I can't see it. And with a 3 ml carto, I can go a whole day with 1 battery and one carto; no pouches or bottles or cases or any of that crap.

It just out-performs any auto I've ever heard of or seen. And for $45.00 for a kit, it's definitely something anyone interested in automatics should try out.

That said, there are some draw-backs. The 650 models are no longer available as stealth models, which means they have a huge LED at the end cap. This thing is slightly wider than the X2 and the whole end lights up extremely bright. Also, there's only one cartomizer and one clearomizer designed to fit the body seamlessly, just like with the M1/M3 batteries. You can put any standard 808 carto/clearo on it, but it's going to look funky.

Also I'm not getting much throat hit, but I did step my nicotine level down at the same time I got my Echo.

But I haven't put the thing down since I opened it on Friday. I just now killed both batteries after 2 days of solid use, so I'm stuck with my Revolver until tomorrow morning. I'm going to hold on to my manuals, but mostly for juice testing and dripping.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I like the Echo. It's been so many PV's ago since I last used any other auto I couldn't really say how it compares.

This thing has a nice smooth draw. It really is as close to smoking a cigarette as I think you can get with vaping. You barely put your lips on the thing and you're getting a nice warm vape. I've even gone so far as to hold it in my teeth and just breathe normally and the switch is being activated.

And yet it's not going off with loud music or high winds or anything of that nature. I'm told most Echos aren't sealed, but if there's a hole through the center post I can't see it. And with a 3 ml carto, I can go a whole day with 1 battery and one carto; no pouches or bottles or cases or any of that crap.

It just out-performs any auto I've ever heard of or seen. And for $45.00 for a kit, it's definitely something anyone interested in automatics should try out.

That said, there are some draw-backs. The 650 models are no longer available as stealth models, which means they have a huge LED at the end cap. This thing is slightly wider than the X2 and the whole end lights up extremely bright. Also, there's only one cartomizer and one clearomizer designed to fit the body seamlessly, just like with the M1/M3 batteries. You can put any standard 808 carto/clearo on it, but it's going to look funky.

Also I'm not getting much throat hit, but I did step my nicotine level down at the same time I got my Echo.

I liked the auto Volts when I was still newer to vaping because they were more like a cig in that way. A smooth draw on a bigger auto is a plus for sure. The big LED wouldn't be my thing. Not a deal breaker though.
I tried XL cartos but could never adjust to them completely. I still prefer a standard size carto, even though they need refilling sooner. I prefer a clearo tank for long lasting. I need to get some T3s - haven't tried them.
Thanks for setting out the pros and cons. There are some people who really prefer auto in the bigger batts. I know one guy who won't vape anything but an auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread