Why Can I Vape 24mg All Day but I can't smoke more than 2 Cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
The difference is in how the nicotine is absorbed from each. Your cigarettes are like taking straight shots of 151 rum, your vaping is more like slowly drinking a beer. Both contain nicotine - alcohol but the delivery is quite different, even if the total nicotine - alcohol consumed over time is the same.

Nicely put..... as I am the same way.Chain vaping like crazy.

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
So its gonna take me alot longer to get to my desired point...anyway to speed this up?

The difference is in how the nicotine is absorbed from each. Your cigarettes are like taking straight shots of 151 rum, your vaping is more like slowly drinking a beer. Both contain nicotine - alcohol but the delivery is quite different, even if the total nicotine - alcohol consumed over time is the same.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
So its gonna take me alot longer to get to my desired point...anyway to speed this up?

Starting out I was using 24mg, and couldn't put my PV down, went up to 30mg, then 36mg to beat my cravings. After a few months, upgrading my equipment, and getting more experienced in drawing a vape, I've dropped back down to mostly 20-24mg.

You may just need a stronger juice to be able to release your grip on the PV :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Hardware plays a big part in vaping also. The higher the voltage, the better "hit" you will get. I dropped down from 36mg to 24mg and then again to 18mg...where I'm currently at. However, my hardware increased in voltages. At night, I vape 8mg before bed or I get too jittery to sleep.

For you, what type of ecig are you using? It may be that you need to increase your hardware and not your mg's. Just a thought..........

casualuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2011
NYC
So which bottom feeder works best for you?

I was a heavy smoker for close to 30 years.It took me going through about six different PV and I still felt like I was missing something,so I started buying bottom feeders and I have not looked back.I spent a boat load of money getting to where I'm at today but it worked for me.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Higher voltage PVs will work; but if you're still using standard resistance attys/cartos on 3.7V, trying low resistance (LR) attys/cartos will give you the same effect. As I think I've seen it stated here, 'It's all in the watts'. Watts = (V*V)/ohms; you can increase the voltage or decrease the ohms to get the same effect.

Here's an excel spreadsheet that gives wattage for voltages from 3 - 5.5 and ohms from 1.2 - 4.0 Wattage Chart

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
This has always bothered me. I used to smoke Marlboro Lights and I could never smoke more than 2 in a row. I'm vaping at 24mg and I can justt go and go all day long. Why is this?

I usually like to get that "can't have another puff" feeling at night before bed and vaping never gives me that...any advice?

I'm amazed you can I smoked Camel Lights and started out at 18 and too much would make me dizzy... just goes to show everyone's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread