Why do ecig mfg/suppliers seem so resistant to cigars or ecigs with brown wrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
I don't get it. Ecigs are offered in white to mimic real cigarettes, but then they jump to black, red, pink, steel... why the resistance to a cigar-like brown? Next to cigarettes, cigars are the most commonly used analog. And since many, many people regularly smoke the smaller cigars (black n mild, swisher sweets, white owls, etc), it SHOULD be a no-brainer to just take regular ecig models and produce them in brown, and sell them with whistle tips.

I REALLY don't understand how companies are now venturing into retail establishments, but aren't taking advantage of the cigar market. 1) Cigar smokers are more likely to drop more money on a single item such as a disposable cigarette because analog cigars already cost more per each. 2) Convenience store cigars are already offered in other flavors such as grape, peach, apple, as well as pipe tobacco. Again, this seems like a no-brainer marketing opportunity to me.

All we're really talking about is a different colored sticker to cover the batteries and cartos. Nobody can tell me that a manufacturer in either a retail or online business, would sell more pink or red Ecig products than they would brown yet, pink and red batteries aren't too hard to find, but brown is nearly impossible.

What gives? I can't be the only vaper out here who would rather have his ecigs in brown instead of black or steel. If they'd offered the eGo in a marbled brown wrapper, it would have made a pretty darn good ecigar IMO.

I'm not asking for much.... so what's up?

Last edited:

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just a guess, but I suspect that an all-brown fat-batt setup would look too much like a smoking object that is even more detested by a larger percentage of people than a cigarette?

Remember, long before there were even smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants, many restaurants had signs requesting patrons to not fire up their stogies. I can even remember a fair number of taverns which declined the patronage of cigar-smokers.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
But that's not the point. I'm talking about what would sell to analog smokers, not what would be "accepted" by people who already don't accept smoking. And I'm not necessarily talking about a "fat-batt" setup. I'd be happy to get a 510 or 808 in brown.

One reason cigarette smokers enjoy vaping is because they can still mimic "smoking" without the offensive odor... Us Cigar smokers are no different...

Just a guess, but I suspect that an all-brown fat-batt setup would look too much like a smoking object that is even more detested by a larger percentage of people than a cigarette?

Remember, long before there were even smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants, many restaurants had signs requesting patrons to not fire up their stogies. I can even remember a fair number of taverns which declined the patronage of cigar-smokers.

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
As an x-cigar smoker of many of the finest brands, having spent an adverage of $3.00 to $5.00 a cigar a day, I totaly agree with you. I have gone so far as to put the old cigar wrappers on my Echo bats so they even look like cigars. LOL! I found the e-cigars they have out lame. Often made like junk, at least by big bat. standards. I smoke Echo 650's because they are autos and I can hold them in my mouth like a cigar and freely vape without too much weight. I think you are spot on with a great idea.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is one of the Coolest e-Cigs I have seen in a Long Time.

cigarstingray_4.png

GotVapes Stingray 360 Auto CIGAR Battery Kit w/3 Vision EXTREME [gv-stingray360kit-auto-CIGAR] - $44.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

It's a 360mAh Auto with a Cigar Covering.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That looks awesome!

I went to their site to buy one, but they're sold out. Have to keep checking back. Thanks for posting that!

Yeah... I'm kinda in the same boat.

Everytime I think about it, and have some extra Cash, their sold out. But everytime I've paid the Car Reg & Insurance, Boat Reg or what Ever that comes around every so often, they have some in stock.

Send Badkolo (ECF Name) a PM and I'm sure he can get you one in a week or so. Tell hime zoiDman sent you.

Happy New Years.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
Will do. I normally shy away from most of the ecigars on the market because they're specialized. Meaning you typically only can use their cartomizers and/or their flavors ... the batteries and cartomizers just aren't compatible with anything else. That's why I'm just wanting "standard" ecig product like 510's, 808's and ego's in cigar brown because it would be easy to replace and is compatible with all the stuff I already have. So I'll consider that gotvapes kit because it's at least a 510 connection.

Thanks again, I'll hit Badkolo up in Pm.

redbucket

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
USA
I was also a cigar smoker prior to vaping, though I got a pack of cigs (or cheap cigarillos/cig sized cigars) any time I had a long car trip or was going to a social gathering (10 minute smoke breaks with other smokers seemed more socially acceptable than a half hour cigar break).

But, I would not use a cigar themed PV. I think they look like toys, too much "imitation" for me. I want my PV to look like a PV, so chose black or silver.

Takes all kinds though. I would use an e-pipe though, because I'm a sci-fi nerd and think they look steampunktastic. But it would be with a sense of humor.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I think the answer is this: as a vaper gets more experienced they lose interest in simulating a cigarette, a pipe, a cigar, because we are all too happy to get away from the old stuff. And, besides, why have people frown at you when you in fact are NOT smoking?. In China the situation is different, smoking is not frowned upon, so they do sell e-pipes and e-cigars. But I'm much happier having my e-cig be functional and look like something new.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
I've been vaping for two years so I'm not new.

I perfer a different sort of stealth vaping. Mainly vaping that doesnt draw attention from idiots.

Sometimes, i'd rather just walk accross the parking lot without having someone asking me what the heck im smoking. I would appreciate not having to explain,that its not some kinda funky crack or .... pipe (true story). I would be very happy if they just saw a guy smoking a cigar.

When I drive past ppl in my car, I just want them to see a guy smoking his cigar or pipe. Not a box or tube.

I still enjoy smoking, I just want a healthier smoke, so I vape. I dont vape in any location that I couldnt also smoke, so I am not concerned with offending non-smokers.

Plus, I would like to replicate the look and feel of analog smoking as much as possible because as stated, I enjoyed it! In the two years I've been vaping, I have never been as satisfied as I have after purchasing my epipemods pipe. I smoked pipes as much if not more than cigars, so I at least have that pretty well replicated. Now if I can just get some good cigar pv's so I don't have to suck on black, silver or steel tubes anymore, I'll be set!
:)

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been vaping for two years so I'm not new.

I perfer a different sort of stealth vaping. Mainly vaping that doesnt draw attention from idiots.

Sometimes, i'd rather just walk accross the parking lot without having someone asking me what the heck im smoking. I would appreciate not having to explain,that its not some kinda funky crack or .... pipe (true story). I would be very happy if they just saw a guy smoking a cigar.

When I drive past ppl in my car, I just want them to see a guy smoking his cigar or pipe. Not a box or tube.

I still enjoy smoking, I just want a healthier smoke, so I vape. I dont vape in any location that I couldnt also smoke, so I am not concerned with offending non-smokers.

Plus, I would like to replicate the look and feel of analog smoking as much as possible because as stated, I enjoyed it! In the two years I've been vaping, I have never been as satisfied as I have after purchasing my epipemods pipe. I smoked pipes as much if not more than cigars, so I at least have that pretty well replicated. Now if I can just get some good cigar pv's so I don't have to suck on black, silver or steel tubes anymore, I'll be set!
:)

I can relate to this.

Sometimes attention is unwanted and becomes Tiresome.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
greencig g120 looks identical to a cigar. Its a brown paper wrapper that mimics everything about a cigar. The problem is that its too expensive. You can refill the cartomizers if you know how to open them. once the carto gets too wet it starts to look nasty and the paper wears off to plastic underneath. For the money its not worth it

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
As an x-cigar smoker I must say that unless I was inside no one ever bothered me about smoking. There is a classy aspect to a real nice stogie. People are often curiouse about them, like the never ending "Ever had a Cuban?" question. (yes I have and 90% of them are fake in our fine U.S.of A. so be carefull of what you are told.) They can be a great ice breaker and I would normaly cairy an x-tra decent cigar with a nice wraper for a give out. This ALWAYS insures no backlash. Not so for cigarettes. My wife can give out cigs all day, and still get crap for smoking in public.

So I realy wanted a cigar looking e cig for this same effect. Never found anything suitable.

Suprisingly e pipes are often extreemly well crafted, and look and last as well if not better than their contempories. Wooden box mods are often realy great to and may have that "cigar factor" of interest to them, but I can't cairy them in my mouth and vape auto.

I am sure the perfect e cigar is out there some where or at least will be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread