Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Well you people that don't like clove...PLEASE VOTE......you have it backwards. I'm not fishing for any certain outcome...I really want to know how many people would actually want it compared to people who don't. I have a couple customers who have asked for it...and indicated that IF we had it many of their friends would buy the SS as well. So it seems to be a "group" thing...I'm thinking that is because it smells so GOD AWFUL that clove users have to stick together...LOL.

I have another issue with clove.....it's an oil. And clove eliquid has clove oil in it. I'm just not sure that's a good thing. I can't imagine Bill would ever go for this since he LOATHES the stuff......but what the heck...doesn't hurt to test the market, right?

oh...THANK YOU for voting!

Katya...whatever that creature is....I want one.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yup, it's a hedgehog, Lori, and it's all yours!

Seriously though, I tried three different kretek (clove) flavored ejuices in the past and I really couldn't vape them at all. All came from very well-regarded ECF-approved juice vendors. No, I didn't buy them--I received them as samples/gifts. I had the same problem with anything cinnamon flavored. Later on I learned that they are indeed made with essential oils (clove, cinnamon and some citrus flavors are made with non-water soluble oils.) There have been many discussions about dangers of using oils in vaping and reports of plastics (as in clearomizers) being damaged by oil-containing ejuices.

Here's what Kurt, our resident chemist and a person I trust completely, had to say on the subject of oils:

Esters in of themselves are not necessarily bad. Banana, pear, grape, rum and many other flavors are esters. But like alcohols, there are those that are ok for ingestion, and those that are not. Ethanol is not nearly as bad as isopropanol, and there is only one carbon difference.

Water-insoluble oils tend to dissolve things better than water-soluble flavors, as has been experienced with cinnamon oil here. Clove oil is similar in this respect (grind up some cloves in a plastic-lidded coffee-grinder, and see what it does to the plastic). Frankly anything that dissolves plastic is right out for me and vaping.

My advise is to stick to water-soluble flavorings. Essential oils may be "natural", but if they are water-insoluble, other problems from inhalation can arise. Not talking about reactions to form other compounds, just talking about insoluble oils themselves...if they do not dissolve, then they cannot be easily expelled.

There is a general belief here that flavorings should be all natural, and come from natural sources, like fruit extracts or essential oils. I completely disagree with this, because inhalation is NOT eating, and simple water soluble molecules that have a good food safety record are the lowest risk. The issues with inhalation make this especially important.

And here's a thread worth reading (with Kurt's input):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/302953-vaping-clove-oil-safety.html

There are more threads discussing the subject, if anyone is interested. I've read enough to convince me to stay away from eliquids containing essential oils.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
There is a general belief here that flavorings should be all natural, and come from natural sources, like fruit extracts or essential oils. I completely disagree with this, because inhalation is NOT eating, and simple water soluble molecules that have a good food safety record are the lowest risk. The issues with inhalation make this especially important.

whoever this guy is....he has my 100% approval!!! the word "natural" means NOTHING in the world of legalities and food labeling. It means even LESS in the vaping world. I could not agree more.....give me a clean room, lab created single molecule over something cooked up in someones garage in a turkey fryer any day :) And you think I'm kidding? Those of you who have been around know I'm not...there are juice vendors out there who pride themselves on their "home cooked" tobacco brews....NO THANKS! Rattlesnake venom is organic and natural...just like strychnine....and botulism.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
You got my vote Tib! And CES.....yes.....it's used in EXTREMELY controlled doses.....injected directly into the muscles around the larynx.....it works the same way in the pelvic floor for what they call outlet syndrome. And HELL NO I would not know from personal experience either way....LOL. I would be petrified to even use Botox!!!! Rather let a rattlesnake bite me...at least that's natural. hehe :)

so is eating poisonous mushrooms....RFLMAO!!!!!

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
You got my vote Tib! And CES.....yes.....it's used in EXTREMELY controlled doses.....injected directly into the muscles around the larynx.....it works the same way in the pelvic floor for what they call outlet syndrome. And HELL NO I would not know from personal experience either way....LOL. I would be petrified to even use Botox!!!! Rather let a rattlesnake bite me...at least that's natural. hehe :)

so is eating poisonous mushrooms....RFLMAO!!!!!

The are some types of mushrooms that are quite good though LK ;)

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
LK, these cartos refill quite nicely :)

I wish i had some SS business cards. I was out last night and was talking to a couple of people who were familiar with, but had only tried genergic e-cigs. So i was showing them my various and sundry batteries and set ups (i carry several with different flavors at all times :facepalm:). I let them try the halligan with the new cartos. they were blown away! :D so i told them where they could get them, and gave them cards for the local store, but didn't have any SS cards to give as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread