Why have my farts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneruss

Sep 19, 2013
Ohio
LMAO...that Fiber One Bars thread is a must read. I was hoping to leave work early today but i've spent so much time looking through this thread and laughing that now I will have to stay late.

My stories.... My little brother and I shared an apartment for awhile. i worked days, he worked nights so we didn't see each other till the weekends. We had two dogs that were already gassy on their better days, but my brother stumbled on the interesting fact that if you fed them some Lays potato chips, those two dogs went nuclear. He would feed them the chips then leave for work, i would get home a little later and think someone had dumped a body under the house.

I call my son the Stealth Bomber. He has perfected the concoction, preparation, and deployment of the SBD. There is no sound and he can keep a straight face until it hits and I start rolling down windows and dropping F-bombs. I have even made him get out of the car and walk down our street instead of driving him the last 50 yards home. He laughs himself silly every time he does it, the kicker is that he's only 10. I don't think an intestinal tract as young as his should be able to produce an odor like that.

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
its the VG with me. i vaped straight PG for awhile and didnt have any issues, then went to VG. farts smelled so badly that the wife walked in the bedroom one night to come to bed and started moving things in the room around looking, and when i asked her what she was looking for, she said that the family cat must have took a dump in the room somewere and she was looking for it as she couldnt sleep in the same room and smell it all night. all i could do is bust up laughing. finally i told her it was me and she died laughing. went back to straight PG for awhile and it went completely away. after about a month i went back to straight VG or 70/30pg and it came back with a vengeance and hasnt left. i can crack one to the wind and its so bad that sink itself says 'DAMN BRO......"

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Bump for the benefit of new members
who might not be aware of this amusing thread.
1-BigGrin.png

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
But now that you are no longer smoking, your sense of smell has come back. I had that problem. (The heightened sense of smell, not the farting LOL)

I quit smoking for two weeks several years ago and had to go back to it. Everything and everybody smelled so horribly strong, I couldn't stand it. I even wore a bottle of perfum as a necklace (like the vinagrettes of old) but I finally just went back to cigs so I wouldn't throw up.

I have been vaping and smoking about equally for a little over a month now. I've cut my analog usage down to less than half of what it was. No stink yet! We'll see what happens.

See, people - there are no stupid questions.

I have a very similar problem, and it's even affecting me with the vaping itself -- everyone says smokers can't smell, but apparently I'm an exception -- my sense of smell is so intense that it can be very uncomfortable for me to go out in public -- when I merely PASS the restrooms at some stores, what I smell is basically "outhouse that needs servicing desperately", so nevermind being able to actually go in there to attend to personal needs. I think there's actually a good reason for this, as I've learned from my reading online -- I've suffered from PTSD for years, from waking up one morning to discover that the mobile home I was living in was on fire. Ever seen one of those burn down? Ours didn't, but only because at 11:30am Sunday morning in a rural town, there's no traffic, everyone's in church! But apparently some PTSD sufferers experience this ungodly magnification of some or all of their senses, like an early-warning system on high alert -- it's actually a manifestation of "hyper vigilance." (I wish it affected my eyesight that way!)

Which sucks for me, if this sense of smell is going to get MORE intense as my cigarette use declines. In fact, the smell of the stuff I put in my eCig (all of them tobacco flavors, so far) kinda grosses me out, and by the end of the evening, like now, I can't seem to get RID of the smell of the e-juice, even by washing my hands over and over, using scented lotion, or smoking real cigarettes, and it's driving me nuts.

Should I maybe just try to get over myself, and get some flavors that AREN'T tobacco, but something else entirely? Or could it be a very slight nic OD, that's making me feel so... icky? Not having any other symptoms, no stomach pain or anything, and my heartbeat seems about normal, so I'm not really sure if it's the tobacco flavors causing it, or the nicotine.

Thx,
Andria

hippiebrian

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Long Beach, Ca.
Back in the Navy in Charleston in '81 there was a bar called the Flying Dutchman. On Tuesday nights they had 5 dollar beer night serving whatever cheap crap they had on tap at the time. The topper was they also served pickled eggs. Several of us would go every Tuesday to drink and eat our fill until closing.

One Wednesday morning it was raining so we had quarters inside the skin of the ship. Almost the entire engineroom had participated in the Tuesday night festivities, so there were at least 10 of us, all hung over and, well, suffering from the cheap beer and pickled egg emision issues. Every couple seconds, waiting in formation, you'd hear the .... tuba go off and some sailor giggling. The division officer showed up, took his position in front of the formation, and suddenly his expression changed. His eyes started watering, the skin started faling back from his skull and he yelled "Which one of you f*&$ers needs to go to medical!" He promptly turned and left without saying another word.

Best quarters ever!

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
...haven't read entire thread, but in a search, I didn't find 'sulfate.'

It 'seems' some nicotine is extracted from 'nicotine sulfate.'

Nicotine sulfate is 40% nicotine and used as an insecticide. From what I understand, it does not appear 'clear.' When nicotine is extracted from nicotine sulfate, bleaches and other treatments may be utilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread