Why is my Protege so...wimpy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I guess my question on how you made 2800 posts so quick has been answered Lucky. But that is good problem solving technique, talk it out step be step.

I have noticed too that you really have to keep everything clean on both the protege and prodigy. More so on the prodigy because of the aluminum. The pretege is more effected at the atty to adapter connection.

I use a product called DeoxIT which is a very good contact cleaner and protector for electrical contacts. On the atty to adapter I use a q-tip and alcohol. Then take a dry q-tip and rub it dry.

Kevin

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser the other day on my bat and atty connectors... squeeze out all the water from the white sponge like piece.... take off the goo great and is only slightly abrasive. Then I wipe it down with a microfiber cloth. Swab with alcohol and it's bright brass clean.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Part of the PITA of ALL e-cigs I'm afraid. Important for the conductivity so you do need to clean connections on all models and battery units once in a while.

Hey Lucky... I just got through putting a new Lamp in our big ol' TV set, AND it is working, so I'm feeling pretty handy dandy today. Beat the crap out of paying BestBuy Geeks to come do it!! Whew... talk about a PITA. Moving that thing out of the wall unit about did us in. Instructions on how to do it? Forget about it!!

Girls with tools rule!

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Do all the mods need to have their brass connections cleaned? Isn't that just another PITA to deal with?

Most e-cigs require cleaning of the battery to atomizer connection because of nic juice seeping into that connection. The Pure Smoker mods, like most flashlights , use the body of the device to carry the ground up to the atomizer. Some use wiring and some don't.

Kevin

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Part of the PITA of ALL e-cigs I'm afraid. Important for the conductivity so you do need to clean connections on all models and battery units once in a while.

Hey Lucky... I just got through putting a new Lamp in our big ol' TV set, AND it is working, so I'm feeling pretty handy dandy today. Beat the crap out of paying BestBuy Geeks to come do it!! Whew... talk about a PITA. Moving that thing out of the wall unit about did us in. Instructions on how to do it? Forget about it!!

Girls with tools rule!

Hon, that's outstanding, it truly is, but this girl here with a tool does not rule, trust me. LOL I'm in sales all the way baby, and when it comes to patience or tedious stuff fooooooogettttttttt about it! Mo power to ya girlfriend. :p

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
ya i feel the weakness with the design is in the switch/adaptor. Would be nice if it was a tight fit.. I have to adjust the center pin all the time so it makes contact with the adaptor.

The atomizer center contact issue is present in the stock 510. I'm not sure about other models because all I own are 510's. This is not unique to PS products. I used a stock 510 for the first 2 months I was vaping. The atty center contact problem is not resolvable by any of the mods as long as the atomizer design isn't changed. I think PS was forced to choose a compromise location of their center connection contact. Just MHO.

Kevin

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Seems to be just fine with the silverbullet. Nice and tight and i can screw the atty all the way in.

Never noticed a prob with the stock 510.. though all by 510s are from TW. That may be a prob as the 510 atty that PS sells has a thin gold band unlike the TW's 510 atty as it has a thick wide band. Also the thin 510 atty seems to be a thread longer as well.

I also noticed something today. I installed a protected battery in the Protege and the adaptor now seems tight.. prob cause the battery is longer with the cap, so its now putting great preasure against the switch housing and adaptor.

Jalise

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Houston, TX

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I also heard that they are working a new switch design and should be something that we can replace easily. The new design will be a mechanical design and we should see an improvement in performance as well...

I also notice that some batteries can start to loose their punch. They may read the same voltage but the actual capacity will start to fall off the more they are used. That is just how these Li Ion batteries are. Not perfect all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread