Why is there so many anti vaping articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
And the funny thing is they have no source. one article said "oh the e juice is dangerous if u drink it you die" no ....! you arnt suppose to drink it. Also, today while I was driving this radio ad said "E cigs are dangerous! they have cancer causing chemicals IT HAS NICOTINE which is MORE ADDICTIVE THAN HERORIN" ... does look like im gonna stab someone for a vape? It makes me wonder is anything in the media true? At first it didnt bother me but these ads and articles are spreading the wrong ideas and use very very vague information. These anti-vape people have this mentality of "it looks like smoke its BAD!" What else are we gonna ban? Tooth paste?

I know there is probably a lot of posts like this but im just saying that false info is spreading like wildfire recently.

You hit the nail on the head there....when a story starts out "Sources said" or
"It was reported that" or "A study said".

Your first thought should be hmm..fairy tale "Once upon a time" or sea story "Now this is no #$%t".

Sources without exact specification can be their neighbor, or paper boy, same with "reported by", well by WHO exactly, and studies are a dime a dozen, a half baked doctoral dissertation will do in a pinch.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
You hit the nail on the head there....when a story starts out "Sources said" or
"It was reported that" or "A study said".

Your first thought should be hmm..fairy tale "Once upon a time" or sea story "Now this is no #$%t".

Sources without exact specification can be their neighbor, or paper boy, same with "reported by", well by WHO exactly, and studies are a dime a dozen, a half baked doctoral dissertation will do in a pinch.

I am now pretty much of the mind set "picture or it didn't happen".

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
^see topic

And the funny thing is they have no source. one article said "oh the e juice is dangerous if u drink it you die" no ....! you arnt suppose to drink it. Also, today while I was driving this radio ad said "E cigs are dangerous! they have cancer causing chemicals IT HAS NICOTINE which is MORE ADDICTIVE THAN HERORIN" ... does look like im gonna stab someone for a vape? It makes me wonder is anything in the media true? At first it didnt bother me but these ads and articles are spreading the wrong ideas and use very very vague information. These anti-vape people have this mentality of "it looks like smoke its BAD!" What else are we gonna ban? Tooth paste?

I know there is probably a lot of posts like this but im just saying that false info is spreading like wildfire recently.

Take the red pill!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
KODIAK™;12776453 said:
Anti smoking, vaping... "whatever" has evolved into something that's part of our culture now. There's an instinctive discriminatory attitude about it and we all know that discrimination is based on feelings, emotions and most importantly, all the those things we've been taught as children about tobacco (which is now synonymous with "nicotine").

Wherever you find chemical dependency (addiction) you'll find people wagging their fingers at you because it makes them feel better about their sanctimonious, self righteous and petty existence.

Rewind that "whatever" to the Prohibition era to find the beginning of major movements that "know better than you do" and try to enforce those public policies through legislation. Part of all that "know better than you do" is the patriarchal B.S. that you are too stupid to know any better. They know better what is right and wrong for the stupids of the world. It's only a discriminatory attitude insofar as they know the majority will never be as smart as "them." After all, the attempt to ban menthol cigarettes wasn't about discrimination, it was about - ahem - certain ethnic groups being mysteriously attracted to that flavor. Lord knows those ethic groups aren't smart enough to know that, so we must protect them from the menthols! Yeah, the arguments being made when they were trying to ban menthol were that outrageous. The patriarchal & racial undercurrents to that one were far from subtle.

You've come a long way baby? Since the 1920's? Ummm - no. Our societal evolution needs to catch up with our shiny new toys before it all crashes and implodes. We can already create a functioning plastic gun with a 3D printer, but haven't created the common sense to keep that plastic gun - rather the person who creates one - from showing up on an episode of Jackass.

Then they die like the rest of us. :D

I wish I could take more comfort in that - while I'm still here.

Last edited:

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
Just curious how much does a months supply of Chantix cost? I know it can't be cheap.

Looks like about $125 for 30 pills at Walmart. Don't know how many a person takes a day.

My employer provides free patches and/or gum for people wanting to quit, wonder if I can get them to buy free e-liquid??????

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Looks like about $125 for 30 pills at Walmart. Don't know how many a person takes a day.

My employer provides free patches and/or gum for people wanting to quit, wonder if I can get them to buy free e-liquid??????

Let them know the e-liquid is cheaper and more effective, you can actually stop smoking....:laugh:

Big Southpaw

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2013
Richmond, VA
While it is natural to assume there is some sort of vast conspiracy, it's probably not that. I used to work in the media. The one thing you need to do is report on controversial and alarmist things…that's what gets people reading and talking. For the moment, vaping fits that bill just fine. It's a way to stir people up and get attention. And attention is all you have to sell. That is not to say the they are not being tipped off by big tobacco, big pharma and the American Cancer Society. But they are probably not being directly paid…it's just stirring things up that gets their motor running.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
KODIAK™;12776453 said:
Anti smoking, vaping... "whatever" has evolved into something that's part of our culture now. There's an instinctive discriminatory attitude about it and we all know that discrimination is based on feelings, emotions and most importantly, all the those things we've been taught as children about tobacco (which is now synonymous with "nicotine").

Wherever you find chemical dependency (addiction) you'll find people wagging their fingers at you because it makes them feel better about their sanctimonious, self righteous and petty existence.

Then they die like the rest of us. :D

And just to add - it's politically correct to discriminate against smokers. It's a basic human need to have someone to look down on and discriminate against. Smokers are one of the few groups left that our politically correct society can self-righteously hate on.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
And just to add - it's politically correct to discriminate against smokers. It's a basic human need to have someone to look down on and discriminate against. Smokers are one of the few groups left that our politically correct society can self-righteously hate on.

I wouldn't call it a basic human need; it's more of a symptom of feelings of insecurity or inferiority. A person who looks down on someone is USUALLY insecure about something they don't have, have or feel; hence, they do so to feel superior to someone else. The same goes for groups of people. Weather that be. Conscious or subconscious thing it's a symptom of said feeling not a necessity for human life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Our beloved government here in the US, consider us sheep. They want us all to play follow the leader and look down on people who would rather do their own thing. Of course we are taking money out of their greedy hands.

Lol- until they figure out a way to tax propylene glycol and Vegetable glycerin.

Last edited:

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I wouldn't call it a basic human need; it's more of a symptom of feelings of insecurity or inferiority. A person who looks down on someone is USUALLY insecure about something they don't have, have or feel; hence, they do so to feel superior to someone else. The same goes for groups of people. Weather that be. Conscious or subconscious thing it's a symptom of said feeling not a necessity for human life.

Do I detect a bit of condescension in your reply? :lol:

Just sayin'...

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Its a sign of the times coming. States/counties/cities are on the move to start taxing and/or banning so they need the public to get behind it. Best way is mass negative propaganda. Every time you read or hear the crap it should be a signal to get active with emails, calls, twitter, join CASAA, etc... everything needed is here on the boards... daily actions plans, etc.

Last edited:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
That is the REAL question isn't it. It used to be easy to believe what the media said. After all, they are "investigative journalists" and they make sure they are reporting the truth right? Now we can plainly see that they are in fact NOT reporting truth, they are in fact reporting stories specifically designed to engineer public opinion to fit an agenda. So now that our eyes have been opened, we have to ask ourselves, what else are they telling us that is specifically misleading in order to shape our opinions to someone else's agenda? Is anything they are telling us really true?

Not just the media, either. Same "what else are they telling us" questioning applies to the medical and "public health" professions, and alleged not-for-profits such as ALA, ACS, etc. They are *all* doing irreparable damage to their credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread