The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why is this subforum so dead?

Discussion in 'ECF Vaping Singles' started by adeline, Mar 8, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    There's a LONG thread about a "vaping dating service" on the General forum, and we have this nice little "singles" area.. Yet no one seems to post!

So here goes..!

I'm single, 25 years old, I live in the heart of North Carolina (very close to RTP).

I vape a lot. No joke. DIY, rebuildables, yada yada...

I have a great job with a large IT company, and I tend to work quite a bit.

I'm patiently waiting for the weather to get warm so I can go outside....

I love (all) animals, 90s music, Dexter (Showtime), and far too many things to list here.

Wouldn't mind having at least some vaping buddies in the area... :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Cottekill,NY
    I can't say why it's so dead here. I've tried to pick it back up to no avail. I would love to see more people come through here. Som vaping buddies would be awesome, especially if one of them could teach me to properly set up this new genesis style rba so it doesn't give me a nasty metalic taste.

3. hausmouse

hausmouse Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2013
    WNY
    Probably because its not in any real prime location on the front page. I only noticed it because of tapatalk

4. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    If only this forum were a little closer to the front of the forum.. :(

I'd like to see that "singles" thread die and this thing come alive!

Shameless self-promotion!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. SilentScreams

Jan 10, 2013
    Cottekill,NY
    Nothing wrong with self promotion.

Nice mod "can I taste your juice?" Couldn't help myself..

Love the smile. Now if only you were a little closer.

6. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
  7. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Yes, I know. I'm just trying to bring new life to a poor, neglected forum. ;)

8. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, if your pretty face won't do it, they must all be dead. :)

Around here, you may have to know how to wrap a nice coil also.

9. PosingOwl

PosingOwl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Clovis, NM
    I am HERE!!!! LOL, but seriously there's hardly anyone where I live at. Clovis, NM. What i would do to be able to stay in a large area.

I am 27 years old, currently separated and soon to be divorced. Does that count as single?

10. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    @adeline You work in IT? I am an iSeries admin, next to needing to quit analogs the tech parts helped me to want to vape.

11. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Yep, I'm in network ops. Being a techie/geek/IT nerd really helped the transition into vaping. Being fascinated with technology makes the transition pretty smooth. :)

12. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Yeah I feel like this area is small sometimes... But then I remember what a big city is like.. traffic, noise, pollution, crime.. and I feel better about living in a minor metropolitan area!

13. Thomasis

Thomasis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Well,
    I'll help Adeline keep this thread going.

SWM 37
    I live in the St Louis area but I travel a LOT for work. I am a project manager for a construction firm and I specialize in tower erection, business development, LTE 4G integration (tech guru), and tower crew coordination. I love every aspect of vaping, DIY, MODS, RBA's, and NIC stashing!!
    I usually attend the local vape meets when I'm in town, I like old cars, motorcycling, bicycling, landscaping, cooking, and spend a tremendous amount of freetime on ECF and searching for anything new to the ecig industry that I can spend money on. Did I mention I also like to vape already??

14. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    @adeline When I worked at IBM we used to call the network ops folks NOC-Monkeys lol(no offense intended) since network folks are a breed all there own lol.

15. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    I run a NOC now, lol. Not offended!

I have some hard feelings about IBM these days (got laid off from there in 2009).

16. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    I worked there from 97-2008 when I was laid off. I went from contrator to LTS they kept extending our LTS status then just let us go across the board. Big Blue is def lost it's was I used to bleed blue and gave them my all. I was highly hurt when let go.

17. Thomasis

Thomasis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I lost my job back in 2009 also. Worked for the same company for 8 years and they let about 80% of their staff go in one day. So that makes 3 of us on this thread that has been laid off. I eventually landed at a better company but man, it's definitely a challenge to find a good job in this economy. Maybe we need to change the title of the thread!!! Single and S*** CANNED!!!!

18. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    I hear ya lo. Spent two years unemployed then finally found a low level position and a few well planned career moves later. I am back on track working at a company I love. Luckly this time IT in a service sector that will allways have atleast a small niche.

19. SilentScreams

Jan 10, 2013
    Cottekill,NY
    Well I wasn't in IT I was a commercial door tech, and was laid off about the same time ya'll were. Still after 4 years I'm not recovered fully. Lost my house, car, fiance, everything. Never did find another job that paid what I used to make but I am working at least. Went from construction to hotel service. But working nights and not having had a weekend off in over 3 years makes it really hard to meet anyone aside from at the grocery store. Sorry but I don't see the local food mart as a place to flirt...

20. jeephigh

jeephigh Moved On

Feb 8, 2013
    Hmm no random firtive glance's in produce. Watching icream buyers since they may be going home alone to comfort food lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.