• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why is this subforum so dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Wow, so many of us laid off.. You'd never know.

They hired my replacement (in Brazil), I (unknowingly) trained him for a few months, and they let me go on the last day of first quarter, 2009. I turned in my laptop and other things the next day -- April 1st. I walked in and said "April Fools! Right? Right?" The poor guy looked so embarrassed and said "I wish, I'm so sorry."

I lost a lot due to that... finances were in shambles. I picked up work immediately (in a bar, lol) and stuck with it until I found office work, on a temp basis, stuck with that until a perm position opened up. That worked for about a year, the economy picked back up enough, and I found a fantastic job at a very large and reputable company (we make top places to work and top salary lists every year.. but jaded employees tend to complain about everything, lol). Been at THIS for a year now, and lined up for a nice biiiig raise, and it's coming soon.

I'm back on track now.. New car, great job, cute little house in the nauseating suburb known as Cary, NC.

The experience taught me a lot.. It sucked, completely, but I wouldn't be the same person without that complete disaster.

I work long hours, so I don't get out much. I don't drink and drive, so I don't really get out to bars much. My friends are guys, so when I do go out with friends, I look completely unavailable.

But mostly I just don't leave the house to have the CHANCE to meet people.

And the internet is probably not the answer, but the idea of not having to explain vaping to a date would make things seem easier.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I agree it would be much simpler to not have to explain to someone. And I completely understand the not getting out much. I hatte bars and clubs. I will go to them but it's a rare occasion to find me there. I refuse to drive if I drink so that makes going to a bar just about null. I also work weekends so it makes it really hard. My days off are Tuesday, Wednesday by the calender.

I've been trying the online dating scene with no luck except for 1 and she was crazy, literally. It's kinda hard for me as I'm shy I never know how exactly to start up that first contact. I also am not one to talk much unless there is something I want to say.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
Sounds like most of us are pretty similar when it comes to the bar scene, not my thing either. I also stay home alot when I'm off but mostly because I travel a lot and like to wind down. I don't drink except maybe a beer every 6 months or some hard stuff on occasion. I try to make the monthly vape meet and that's at the bar but it's a diet coke for me.(I know, I really live on the edge!!). I don't like to date though. For some reason it's just too painful to spend a whole night with someone who doesn't share enough interests that I have. I am perfectly happy being single. I'm happier single than I am when I'm dating someone exclusively. I guess I just like to be alone, it so peaceful... I'm a little selfish too, I like my toys, I like to spend my money the way I see fit and this doesn't go over too well when your trying to merge with someone else. Single is a very nice thing when you travel a lot too!!

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I hear you all rarely will you meet some one worth it in a bar plus i've out grown that scene. On line has it's perils POF has a ton of crazy's that have been on there years hmm wonder why.

Funny you should mention POF.... Last time I was on a date was in Nov 2012 and it was a crazy woman I met through POF... I've been on POF for 2 years and met only 1 person. After my experience I'm kind of glad it's only been one.

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
I'm married. But Adeline is gorgeous <3

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
We don't want to give her a big head or anything!!! Hehe
Better be careful around her, don't want to bite off more than you can chew, Iv'e read things about her..........
Just kidding Adeline, just giving you a hard time..

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
39 Cincinnati/Dayton area (right in between actually)
Grew up in South Florida, lived in Ohio about half of my life, lived in Idaho for a while too (beautiful place to live! My dad needed a kidney and that brought me back to Ohio in 2011).
Software Engineer (JAVA, C# etc), Business Analyst, Financial Analytics... was a Network Engineer briefly in my early 20's before moving to software. (Currently for Macy's Bloomingdale's forecasting and studying Third Party Fraud.)
Newer to vaping. I'm in to everything from History, to musics, to guitars, Seminole Football, hiking etc.
Nice to meet everyone... and one more post keeps your thread alive :D
Mark

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
And as far as internet romances go they can work! My mother met my stepfather online and they've been together... 17 years now?
I met my husband online (on world of warcraft actually) and our 1st anniversary will be in may :)

I used to play WoW. It had a hand in how I met my ex. I actually met her mother on there, became friends and then through her mother her. Although gaming had a hand in how we met, and I didn't play when we were together she still complained that I played... Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread