Why not call it a "Pee-Vee"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
Why don't we (as vapers) call our devices "PV"? It gets away from the "cig" part of e-cig, and is more realistic. We have the "APV", so why not a "PV"?

That's actually what I call my Personal Vaporizer, but then I have to explain that it is a "High-Tech E-Cigarette". I know calling an eGo with a Kanger T3 "high-tech" is a little bit of a stretch, but what the heck.

;)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
sort of like why a lot of places say it is water vapor - to not confuse and drive away people who might be interested in starting without intimidating them with a bunch of tech they dont understand.

imagine how many people would just keep walking if the guy at the mall said "i have personal propylene glycol inhaler"

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
A lot of people who vape use PV/APV rather than e-cig, it is mostly non-vapers and noobs who use the term e-cig. The cig-a-like devices are the only ones that qualify as an e-cigarette in my opinion.
I agree completely. I tell people it's a PV and when they get confused, I say it's sort of like an e-cigarette, but much better.
That's a personal opinion, and I tell them that if they want to use an e-cig that is perfectly fine as I know of a lot of people that prefer those.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Yeah, it is dicey. I start with PV, then dumb it down. That way, they do not confuse my device for one of those dreadfully inadequate cig-a-likes...

But the point that blasting them with "personal propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin inhaler" will frighten off many potential new users is well made.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I would get confused, as I already have some nice American made PV's

$(KGrHqJ,!hwFCvmhbm5uBQuMF,hcHw~~60_35.JPG
170178052721-3.jpg
wp000166.jpg

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
I would get confused, as I already have some nice American made PV's
NICE! My first electric guitar was a Peavey Falcon (junk, but it got me going). Those TNT combos are insane, my first garage band bass player had one for a while, it used to get us in trouble all the time. It's a good thing we were all 14 years old.

I thought about taking a picture of my Studio Pro 112 and posting it in this thread but you beat me to it. So off topic... hahaha

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
Peavey is great music gear IMO too. I've used a bunch of it over the years & it's always been rock solid. We just got a couple of Peavey Impulse powered speakers last year. - Love em!!

I love their pro sound gear, great speaker cabs, high end power amps are really nice. Not a fan of their instruments over all but I really like the Grind line of bass guitars. The practice amps are solid for home use as well, and I've used my Studio Pro II at gigs many times while my Laney head was in rebuild and it did great!

PRIMER

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
DENVER 303
I also call it a vaporizer, less explanations.
Too bad "vaporizer" is already pretty much taken by those "other" vapers, leading to noob confusion.
"MOD" is a term that has many other definitions.
I usually call call it my 'lectric cigarette, not as nerdy as "e-cig"
But I'm starting to use "peevee" more often. The other Peavey sucks anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread