Why Even Call It a Cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Why? Because for every anti who might be offended by the word "cigarette" deeply enough to take action merely because of it, there are probably ten smokers who may be more drawn to the product because of the way the term "e-cigarette" (accurately!) suggests a smoking-like experience. I'm OK with "e-cigarette."

I really don't connect with the term "personal vaporizer." But I'm old and also don't connect with "personal trainer," "personal banker," "personal coach," "personal moisturizer," "personal space," or pretty much "personal anything."

uAdC

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
New Jersey
I wish 'vaping' 'vape' and 'vaporizer' were not connected with illegal activities.

I wish those activities weren't illegal. :p

..but this leads us to another dilemma of perception.

The real question is whose perception is the most important. That of the crazed anti's? Or that of the general public, including smokers looking for a way to quit? It seems the same as saying should we be motivated by fear or by purpose?

I think e-cig works just fine. PV requires much more explanation from the jump, and the listener tends to lose interest by time you get to the good info. When softening the blow of new technology with simply "it's electronic", i find that the listener has more of a choice as to what question comes next, if any.

Except for you'd be paying $600 for an e-cig that is only compatible with their old fashioned atomizer/cartridge system that is setup so you can only use those pieces, no dripping or other brand cartomizers or any customization allowed. Don't worry though, they'll get to the point of the ego and others some day. Right now they're releasing the 220 mah icig. In 3 months, for another $600 you can get a 280 mah icig-e. Then in another 3 months you can get a 360 mah icig-es, etc etc etc. Some time in 2012 they'll release the i-cig2 for $900 which can be used with the newest accessory, the 1 ml i-carto for $60 (only compatible with the i-cig 2). Then 3 months later the icig-e for $950 and the 1.5 ml i-carto for $65. Then.....in 2015.....the .5 ml i-tank, compatible only with the i-cig 3!!!!

:lol: That's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread