Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I get more leakage from my 801 cart than any other that I have used. It always ends up saturating the outside of the mouthpiece, and sometimes I draw liquid thru it. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?:confused:

I used to have that problem, but I don't use carts anymore, just drip. That can be problematic with the standard unsealed automatic battery, but:
  • Recently, I've mainly been using my sealed Prodigy (with 801 atomizer)
  • They've just come out with a sealed manual battery for the 801, e.g., at Ruyan Direct, Rocky Mountain Vapor, and Awesome Vapor.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
It could be the cart stuffing you are using. If you are using what it came with, that might be your problem. I switched to an aquarium type stuffing and then just went to dripping. Never had a leakage problem with the AQ stuffing or poly batting.

If you are dripping (onto the atomizer), what difference does the cart stuffing (or using any cart at all, for that matter) make?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you have liquid leaking or getting in your mouth, 95% of the time it is one of two problems or both. Basically your atomizer is not getting hot enough to vaporize the liquid. So you either have a battery that is not working properly and/or you have too much liquid in the cart. (you also could have a defective atomizer but if it is happening with different atomizers it has to be one or both of the above causes)

This is why manual batteries are preferred by most users. When you can heat the atomizer as long as you want, the atomzier will better vaporize the liquid. And the bigger the battery (5 or 6 volts), you will have even fewer if any problems of this nature.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I get more leakage from my 801 cart than any other that I have used. It always ends up saturating the outside of the mouthpiece, and sometimes I draw liquid thru it. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?:confused:
I just got my 801 and love it, but I'm having the SAME problem. Actually, out of my collection, the 510 is the ONLY one I haven't received a mouth full of juice from.

FRESH

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
I will get jusice in my mouth once in a while, and I agree that is likely from over filling. But I constantly, when I pop off my cart to top it off, have juice that runs down the outside of the white part of the cart and it runs down on the black mouthpiece where I ALWAYS have to wipe my mouthpiece off before using it again. Just frustrating, but perhaps if my filler was holding the juice better this wouldn't happen.

cmdrmaxwell

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
The "great place" Ft Hood
I will get jusice in my mouth once in a while, and I agree that is likely from over filling. But I constantly, when I pop off my cart to top it off, have juice that runs down the outside of the white part of the cart and it runs down on the black mouthpiece where I ALWAYS have to wipe my mouthpiece off before using it again. Just frustrating, but perhaps if my filler was holding the juice better this wouldn't happen.

i am getting that leakage with 901 carts on my 510. i just want to know if its harmful to get a mouthful of juice even though i know i am inhaling the stuff! anybody?:confused:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
It is a matter of experiementation. The only times I get fluid in my mouth is when I overfill the cart. That is influenced by how I change the filler material when I change it. The tighter I pack the cart with filler the less I have to pay attention to how much juice I put in. The looser I pack the cart the more careful I have to be with how much juice to use each time to avoid juice-mouth. However, the looser the filler the easier the draw, the tighter the filler the harder the draw.

Remember we are in the days of the model T, with respect to the car industry. The infancy of our new e-cigarette industry calls for a lot of consumer participation and consumer self education and expertise. As our industry grows into adolecence I see fiber filler carts becoming obsolete. There will be small gell capsules of juice from which the e-cig device will automatically inject the right amount of juice to the atty. But these expected days of a Mercedes e-cig are aways down the road.

EricMx45

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Edmond, OK
Im having all the same problems but problems aside I love the 801's vapor production and it really seems to bring out the flavor more. I've never really dripped much since Im afraid of flooding my atty and not to pumped on grabbing a bottle of juice every few minutes. How many dropps do you dripper's normally drip at one time? How many good hits does it normally produce?

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I'm new to 801's ( have been a 510 user from the start). Just got a Janty Stick V2 and it uses an 801 atty/cart. I gotta tell ya it's been a less than satisfying experience! I've had all the issues mentioned above with leaking and bad or non existent wicking. What is the secret to making an 801 system work?! I tried a PTB mod like I've had on my 510's and it was a disaster! Has naybody here successfully done a PTB mod on an 801 that dosen't leak and wicks well? I'd love to know the secret!!

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
One thing I know... not all 801's are created equal.

Performance varies from one manufacturer to another.

I use SLB801 "high bridge" atomizers, which I believe are made by the company Sedansa.

These are the only atty's I buy, because I really like the performance. I believe they are a 4 hole atomizer.

I only drip my liquid, and the 801 has a large reservoir that seems to hold 5-6 drops of liquid.

Once the atomizer reservoir is "full", I usually drip 2-3 drops at a time there after.

I have read that the 801's are not the best atomizers to use with a cartridge.

As far as leakage, it has not been a problem for me.

When the performance/taste starts lacking, I'll "wash" out the atomizer with pure grain alcohol.

This is a process I seem to do about every 2-3 days. I just chalk it up as "routine maintenance". I am a HEAVY user on my atomizer. I also use a "high power", 5 volt modded e cig.

I put 1-2 ml of alcohol in the atty. Then cover the top and bottom using fore finger and thumb, shake the atty back and forth. Empty and repeat... then blow out the atomizer and let dry.

This washing process cleans the mesh and thus returns the wicking back to "new". And of course it keeps the coil clean, and the air holes from getting "gunked" up.

I am a firm believer that a fowled atomizer runs the coil hotter, therefore reducing it's lifespan.

I have only been using the 801 atty for about two months now. I have been getting around two weeks use, before my atomizers "crap" out. My current atomizer is going on 17 days, an achievement I think is also due to my "learned", dripping technique.
Pretty good I feel, as I stated... I use 5 volts.

Last edited:

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Right now all I can do with the 801 (in a Janty Stick) is drip. Carts are preffered for me if I could ever get them to work. I vape alot in the car and dripping & driving is downright dangerous!

I tried the PTB with bad results and over the weekend tried the blue foam mod. It came close but had massive leaking issue. So I'm going to make an honest effort on the brass screen mod and see if I can get some success.

Either way these 801 carts are a drag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread