Problems Already With New DSE 801 Automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
Same thing happened to me when I got my 801. I was pissssssed when I first tried it out. I was so ready to return it. Then something happened....after a few hours of of vaping on it here and there....i noticed the vapor production getting better.. and the throat hit was getting stronger. It's been a week now since I got it and I can honestly say it kicks a** compared to my 901. I now soley use my 801 and it is WONDERFUL NOW!! Just keep vaping it it will get better!!:)

OMG, same here! I was so disappointed, but I believe I truly spoke too soon, because this thing ROCKS!!!! :hubba:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I loved my 801 penstyle, but hated those @#$%^&& Batteries! I spent a fortune on those buggers....first the batteries would fade away, I lost a few attys because of that too...so went to an 801 atty JantyStick, battery problem totally solved. Now have about 4-5 hours of heavy vapor, and $3.20 batteries, I just threw one away that was about a month and a half old, just would't hold charge for more than an hour. 801's are absolutely the best, MHO. I understand they have manual batteries for them now, have you tried them? They are supposed to hold a longer charge.
Best advice is long, gently draws = best vapor. Pre-puffs do help.

Last edited:

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I'm glad you guys got the high bridge atties working the way you want them to now. I gave up on mine and ordered some from Eastmall. The bridge is super low and at least twice as wide. They vaped Excellently straight away.

They don't push the cart filler halfway back into the cart and the material doesn't stick to the bridge nearly as much. I'm using a PTB FWIW. It works great on this, but it was giving me headaches on the high bridge style.

I know I'll never go back to the high bridge 801s when these are so much more hassle free from the get go.

AnnaCoop

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Northeastern Oklahoma
jboze- Well now I understand why my filler is always pushed so far back.:yawn: I guess I really havent thought of it as a "problem", but I would definatly love to try the low bridge ones just as an experiment. Heck, I might even decide I like them better. I think I read that TW carries low bridge atomizers for the 801, is that right?

Anna

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
Yep, theirs are more than likely the RN4072 model. From what I read, they're about middle of the road. Most people were saying that the BE112 from Bestecig, the Janty Classic (made by JOYE) and the Eastmall 801s are the best. THey're all definitely low bridge as well. I found this thread in particular to be helpful http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/product-feature-design-requests/31945-low-bridge-801s.html.

Oh, and about the filler being pushed back as a problem: It keeps you from filling the cart as much for one thing.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Kate-can you tell me more about the Janty batteries like where to get them? Thanks!:D
I just order them from JantyUSA.com, they're $3.20 each. Any vendor that sells the e-cigars have them too, they're the same battery. Order the 'cigar' battery from janty, I haven't been on the new site enough to remember exactly how he has them displayed yet. I got the little cigar charger, too, I hate the USB charger. I have so many wires and junk laying here already I'm afraid of it getting shut in a drawer or something. They used to be very short, also, but I think they changed that.
And JBoze, I'll never figure out those stupid high bridge things. Whoever did that was crazy! I guess it was for more vapor-producing area, but all they do is push the cart filler up away from it. Always have to re-adjust the wicks all the time. Works fine one minute, then nothing again. Ack! Yes, the Joye302 are the low ones.

Last edited:

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
jboze- Well now I understand why my filler is always pushed so far back.:yawn: I guess I really havent thought of it as a "problem", but I would definatly love to try the low bridge ones just as an experiment. Heck, I might even decide I like them better. I think I read that TW carries low bridge atomizers for the 801, is that right?

Anna

That's odd. My filler isn't getting pushed back, or being pulled onto the atty anymore. I think it had something to do with making sure the battery was fully charged and then it sort of...attached...onto where it's supposed to be.

MargotA575

Nov 7, 2009
New Mexico
Hmm, maybe I whined too soon...after a full charge, there's an ok throat hit (sometimes, not all the time), I figured out the problem with the leaking (just watch it with the filling the carts), the cart filler isn't being pulled onto the atomizer anymore, the vapor is great, and it seems to last bloody forever! Still...this taste...metallic? Is that from the atomizer being new? My Dragon doesn't do this, and I just got a new atomizer today for it. In that, the caramel tastes a lot like caramel, but the exact same juice in the 801 tastes...metallic. So, I'm confused.
They're right about the primer being a crap shoot. If I get get an atty that won't give up the bad taste, I usually pull out the cart, CAREULLY put 2-3 drops of Everclear on atty, and puff on atty without the cart a few times. Sometimes it takes a couple of times to get rid of the bad taste. I have had to rinse out the cartridge filler because that taste gets trapped in the filler. You may want to save an old cart to break in a new atty too. Check other forums about atty cleaning for some other info.

P.S. I love my 801!!!!

marathon

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
So Cal
I like the 801's on the 5 volt passthru (PT). With the PT I get lots of vaper and thoat hit. Pure Smoker and Vapor Talk Store sell 5 volt PT's. I haven't tried the VTS PT, but read on these forums it works good.

You have to have a usb ac adapter that provides at least 1.5 amps to work properly. There is a 2amp usb adapter cheap mentioned on these forums.

I also use the PT to test attys performance.

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
Hey, then I should send those darned things I got to you!!!! (I just put them away, you know, for emergencies!) If you can get them to work good for you!!

I have been using a version of the 801 aka RN4072 called the NJOY NCIG. I still can't get any throat hit (after 2 days of trying). It looks so beautiful and sexy like a german luxury vehicle, but performs poorly. I keep on hitting the cut off switch, with every single draw.

I think it will end up in "cabinet 13".

I am so cheesed of with myself :mad: that I did not read this thread earlier... Could have saved R700 = $100. Thats 70% of what the Janty Stick (JS) will cost me. (JS marketed as the Twisp Stick here)

Moonbuddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Atchison, Kansas USA
I got the RN4072 (low bridge atty) from myPVshop. Delivery from them is on the 3rd day, period. If you order at 5:00 at nite, he still gets it out before the next morning. After that, as with al pv's I think, we want every time the same vapor, throat hit, etc. as we get with new batt, new att and fresh cart! However, I've heard a lot of people complain about the high bridge atty on 801's. Your 801 battery will be fine with rn4072 atty. I just always buy RN stuff from myPVshop, because they chose to carry those over the DSE's after experimenting themselves. Even if you're not a regular buyer, he'll be glad to help you solve your prob while waiting for the other atty. I'm so sorry for you, because I do remember that ghost hit off my 4072, WOW !!! And you're not gettiing that, i'm sorry. If there's a way to make do till you get another atty, write him (he's on the supplier's list) and if there's a way for you to adapt he'll help you. Good luck!

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Um...I realize a full charge is needed, so I'm hoping that once I try it with a full charge, these issues (or at least some of them) will be resolved. But constant leakage and cart filler sticking to the atty being "just a part of vaping"? Guess I got spoiled on my Dragon M401 because it didn't do any of that, had a decent throat hit and nice vapor.

I'm still not ready for something like the prodigy, I was just hoping for something that I didn't have to fill as often as the Dragon (I'm a "chain vaper", I guess), and I figured the DSE 801 pen style would do nicely, especially when I'm out and about. All these issues pretty much took me by surprise and at the moment I'm not happy with it :(, and am so new to this whole e-cigarette thing anyway. I don't know what to do next. Maybe order the 510? Does that also come with a billion issues? Are there any e-cigs that are long (like a 120 slim cigarette) but are not pen style, that anyone would recommend?

For That Length Get The 510 W/Mega Battery..You"ll Be Pleased W/Vapor & Less Problems All Around!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread