Why water? or other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I have been mixing juice for a short time and have been making 50PG/50VG or 60PG/40PG juice with just nicotine and flavor and its been a good viscosity for anything I've used it in, primarily tank fed cartos. Had I found it too thick I be inclined to add more PG, not water, but this has never been necessary.

With that said I keeps seeing water, or alcohol or something extra being added in recipes such as the ejuice calculator up in the stickies. Assuming 50/50 base would I get more vapor, more TH if I replace some of the PG or VG with water? I haven't experimented with this but I would assume that it would make it worse not better.

Essentially, the question is: Why would you want to dilute VG with anything other than PG?

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Why do you ask? :lol:

I have no idea. I have never used water, everclear, or anything other than VG, PG, and flavors. I don't like other stuff added. but that is just me.

I realize some people like to thin VG as they don't care for/may be allergic to PG. I would guess they are thinning the VG with something they are not allergic to.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I mix 50/50 water and VG then add it to juices I think have an overall good flavor with a tiny bit of a weird flavor 50/50 to make them vape-able, has nothing to do with allergy to me, just dilutes flavors and makes it better. That's another (maybe weird) reason.

Ah someone who has a rational reason that apparently works for her. I have some weird flavors floating around that I've bought and for some reason haven't dumped out, but I don't think diluting them would do much good. Whole reason I started mixing my own juice, I actually prefer rather muted flavors now that I use a VV. I diluted quite a bit of the store bought bottles I had but I used PG/VG. I suppose I should just experiment a little with water and see what happens rather than simply dismissing the idea.

GRR. I keep hitting "+ Reply to Thread" instead of "Post Quick Reply" and erasing everything I've typed...

Melee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2010
Alabama, US
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I only do it to juices that are totally intolerable that I get from PIF or that are given to me. I also DIY, so I only do it to my own juices when I accidentally add too much flavor lol I don't always go 50/50 with the mix, but that's the one that works for me with Store Bought juices.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
If you vape an even higher VG/PG ratio, like 70%VG to 30%PG, thinning with PG just might get you back to 50/50 PG/VG:)

The pg and VG in your carto will absorb some water from the air or through condensation. Thins itself a little with use :)

The whole objective is to produce a mix that wicks (in whatever device you use) and keeps the heater element wet.

Whatever works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread