wick and wire suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

brekehan

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I want to rebuild. I am tired of getting dud replacements.

Problem is that I search up and down this forum and I only find one or two places to buy and I have certain requirements before I make online purchases:

1) Are they a known and trusted source? Ebaying from joe bob doesn't qualify
2) Do they have a contact address and phone number
3) Do ecig forum users promote them?

4) and optional, but sure would make me feel better. Has anyone actually tested the contents? What is the wire made of, how do we know, are we taking their word for it? Same with cotton. Considering metals, pesticides, dyes, and everything else. I'd feel better if someone actually kept these people to thier word and lab tested the stuff.

Please list your links!

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Temco is an industrial supplier of kanthal a1 wire. You can visit them on the Web and buy huge spools of wire, 10000 feet sized spools but can also buy smaller quantities too. But its easier to go to their eBay store and pay via PayPal.
Http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/products/Resistance_Wire/RW0104.html
Http://stores.ebay.com/TEMCo-Industrial-Power-Supply

You should be able to get full contact information from the company website. You can find plenty of recommendations for them here on ECF most likely with links to their eBay store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Truth is, everything in this game entails some sort of risk. Vaping is risk mitigation, not risk removal. You really have to look at your options, weigh the possible risks, and go with what seems to be the least risky.

As the previous post said, Temco is a very trustworthy place to buy your Kanthal. They have a shop in northern California, so are a legit company. They have MSDS sheets available right on their page for all their Kanthal wire.

For cotton, there are two options which seem to be commonly used and "trusted": organic cotton balls and rolled cotton. Organic cotton *should* be free of pesticides (definition of "organic") and is usually bleached with hydrogen peroxide. Most people (myself included) pre-boil them for 15-20 minutes before using them in a wick. Rolled cotton is used for bandaging surgical wounds and such, so is sterile USP and should be free of anything nasty (since its intended use is to be applied directly to a deep open wound with the potential of direct contact with the blood supply). AFAIK, this doesn't require pre-boiling.

Hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread