• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Widow's Talk....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingolvr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Davie, FL
Ok, as some of you may know, I'm a recent widow. I told a bit of my story on the "New To The Womens Room". It's all still a bit new and raw to me. I found the welcome and chatter on the other post heart warming. Others shared what I am going through. I still have a need to talk and not too many people want to listen in real life. I still have an occassional need to get things off my chest. I'm hoping I can do that here.

I've just now finished the final task I think I have to do. It's been a rough year and tying up the lose ends gets depressing. There was one task I dreaded doing.

For those who are interested: Sharky (my new love) took me to the State Troopers Office in Tampa this week. I was able to pic up my husbands wallet after nearly 13 months of putting it off. I couldn't have done it alone, and having Sharky with me to keep my spirits up was heaven sent.

One other thing that happened. When we drove across I-4 from Orlando to Tampa, we had to pass the spot where my husband was killed. Sharky and I hardly spoke the whole way knowing that part of the highway was ahead. We were both dreading this. Sharky told me later he was sure I'd lose it and fall apart.

At the point in the road where Pete was killed I suddenly had an amazing feeling of relief. I can't explain it. I just put my head back, took a deep breath and felt a ton weight lifted from me. I'm not sure why, maybe the anticipation was overblown and I was ok? I have no idea.

The very strange part was Sharky. He had NO idea exactly where Pete was killed. I did. When we got within a mile of the spot, his hands started to shake. I saw that, but thought nothing of it. As we passed the spot and I was in my own world of thought, he said he looked over at me and he told himself we were "there". He had no idea till that moment. Then he started to shake harder. It was nearly 10 minutes later that he finally stopped shaking. As he stopped shaking, I turned to him and said "See? I'm ok." He almost jumped out of his skin. He almost pulled over. He looked at me, pale white and said "Shh, it's fine." I had no idea what he meant.

2 days passed and we talked about that moment. That's when he told me the about the shaking and the tightness in his chest, and how it all stopped about 10 seconds before I spoke to him.

We both believe in God and life after death, but could this be my husband communicating with both of us? It was so strange. We've talked it over and over and still can't decide what happened.

I'm sure others here have had strange things happen like this. Ok, maybe not exactly like this, but strange none the less.

Anyone care to share or comment?

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
You landed in the right spot Mingo! When my sister died at 30 years old (I was 35) I thiught I would die too. We didn't have a funeral but we did have a three day open house. On the day of her death a yellow cat with 6 toes on each foot wandered in the open door, Mom fed him and he had a lovely time wandering around all the people. He stayed for the whole 3 days..eating all the food people brought over. Then he was gone, Mom tried leaving food out but we never saw him again.
My sister collected Garfield things..he was just like him!
At my Father in law's funeral in Palm Springs, a beautiful hawk circled the service. It wasn't til later that we found out that that type of hawk isn't found in Ca.
I didn't notice anything at dad's funeral, but since it happened a year after my sister's death, I didn't notice anything, I was in shock!
I believe in mystical things..I believe there are things that can't be explained. that's what makes everyday a true adventure!
You can talk about anything here, we will listen and post a hug or an experiance of our own.
I think you got the message that it was time to move on and that he approved your new love. It was a year before I could scatter My sister's ashes..well most of them, I saved some to be buried with Mom, Dad (which was done)and me. After I scattered them, I slept without dreaming of her everynight. yes I know..it was all in my head, but I think it was all in my heart. Time heals all wounds, but it doesn't dim the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread