Will they just regulate E-juice or will they regulate PVs as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I know on Ebay you can sell devices like Ego batteries and clearomizers. Some even sell 0 nic juice. But I don't think you can sell nicotine juice.

With all this talk about banning internet sales, I wonder if it'll most likely just apply to E juice, or will it apply to PV and hardware as well?

what do you think?

thx

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree with emus.

Remember, this is not just any government we're talking about here. This is your Federal Government, in all its absolutist power and majesty.

All snark aside, they may very well try out of sheer ignorance to ban our hardware from interstate sales. Optimists here think, just because much of our hardware and batteries descend from fancy flashlights, that we'll be safe. But I suspect the fancy flashlights lobby is now much smaller than even the vaping lobby. If the feds try to ban interstate shipment of vaping hardware, it could take years of legal wrangling to get it lifted. I, for one, am playing it safe and stockpiling lots of rebuildable hardware. It just seems the prudent thing to do.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I know on Ebay you can sell devices like Ego batteries and clearomizers. Some even sell 0 nic juice. But I don't think you can sell nicotine juice.

With all this talk about banning internet sales, I wonder if it'll most likely just apply to E juice, or will it apply to PV and hardware as well?

what do you think?

thx

Are smoking pipes taxed? Nope. They will go after the liquid. It is the disposable part more turnover and over means more money. I am looking for nicotine being taxed directly as well eventually if they figure out DIY.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
israel just outlawed evey thing.
regards
mike

that's pretty scary.

I'm not too well versed with American government, but the chance of everything vaping related being banned in the US is pretty slim right?

I mean, if they do try to ban it, I'm sure they will run into a lot of opposition?

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
It would make sense to go after the liquid. Set up a system under which production and imports of anything containing nicotine would have to be approved. Make the barrier for entry ridiculously high, either in terms of regulatory burden or cost, and that's it. It wouldn't be hard.

That's why it's imperative we keep in touch with our legislators on this.

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
I hope they do something to tighten the liquid manufacturing standards. So many of these gypsy juice shops are really turning people off of vaping. Some of the quality levels out there are scary.
Since we've seen little evidence that it's a menace to public health, the market should be allowed to work its magic.

We're a pretty tightly-knit community, and word about a shady vendor will get around fast.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I hope they do something to tighten the liquid manufacturing standards. So many of these gypsy juice shops are really turning people off of vaping. Some of the quality levels out there are scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not! The shady ones don't last long. I'd rather we continue as it is now!

jimivapr

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
Boston
I hope not! The shady ones don't last long. I'd rather we continue as it is now!

I'd sY, from my experience, that 9 out of ten suppliers are comets crap. They may not be shady, but they are hacks. Likely hacks with no knowledge of the chemistry involved or inhalation grade quality control. It is only a matter of time before someone accidentally ships a dangerous mixture. Personally, I'd be a bit more comfortable with some level of regulation standards put in place. Weeding out 80% of current suppliers would help safety and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheJohnG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
SoCal
Its not about public safety, it's about coming up.
Build the fear to win the voters. Tax the juice on the consumer end, use the FDA to approve the most lobbied suppliers (Pfizer, Phillip Morris, etc.), give the e-juice a fancy new name to quash the fear, in that order. The few great ones have yet another industry. Enjoy a trip to the South of France.
You know who they are.
JG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread