Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
It's a good battery but don't go over 60w with 20 amp batteries (and don't buy batteries off ebay). The Sony vtc5a is a 25 amp battery and good for 75w at its cdr. But, going 50+w with a single-battery mod will give you really poor battery runtime. Better use a multiple-battery mod for higher wattages.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonicbomb

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
LOL I know, but unfortunately I have to get it there as I am tight on money and I have some ebay bucks to use up. Or I would go somewhere else for sure. thank you for letting me know.

I get looking for low prices, but batteries are highly counterfeited these days. Buy from reputable dealers recommended here on ECF and avoid the risk of a re-wrapped battery. It's way too easy for an unscrupulous vendor on Ebay to print up a label and use the right color wrap to make a 10A generic battery cheapo look like a Samsung 25R.

It's not that easy to tell a genuine 18650 from a fake, as this BatteryBro link explains using the 25R as a test case.
Is it a fake 18650 battery? (Featuring the Samsung 25R)

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I get looking for low prices, but batteries are highly counterfeited these days. Buy from reputable dealers recommended here on ECF and avoid the risk of a re-wrapped battery. It's way too easy for an unscrupulous vendor on Ebay to print up a label and use the right color wrap to make a 10A generic battery cheapo look like a Samsung 25R.

It's not that easy to tell a genuine 18650 from a fake, as this BatteryBro link explains using the 25R as a test case.
Is it a fake 18650 battery? (Featuring the Samsung 25R)
Exactly. Saving a buck will actually result in the loss of money when you get a bad battery that you'll have to toss.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
thanks everyone, I actually bought the batteries from a different seller as they had great reviews for them. I hope they are legit. I dont sub ohm. I usually vape on a 1ohm single coil at 12-15watts depending on the juice. Do you think if they are cheapos I will be fine? I dont want anything blowing up in my face and I have never had a removable battery mod.
Information links would be much appreciated!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
thanks everyone, I actually bought the batteries from a different seller as they had great reviews for them. I hope they are legit. I dont sub ohm. I usually vape on a 1ohm single coil at 12-15watts depending on the juice. Do you think if they are cheapos I will be fine? I dont want anything blowing up in my face and I have never had a removable battery mod.
Information links would be much appreciated!
If they are fakes they could be anything. Until you know what they actually are. This is what I meant by you not saving money by buying cheaply. It's not like batteries are terribly expensive.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
If they are fakes they could be anything. Until you know what they actually are. This is what I meant by you not saving money by buying cheaply. It's not like batteries are terribly expensive.

I agree, but was limited on money, I did end up getting a legit set for a few dollars more, and I will compare with the ones I got on ebay to see if they are legit too, it aint no joke to have one of them malfunction. I like my face the way it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread