Will vaping make me fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Civitasdei

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Stillwater, Oklahoma
No. I'm hypoglycemic and very sensitive to spikes in my blood sugar. There have been no problems for me thus far. Some juices do contain some sweetener; however, I'm thinking that you're looking at no more than 2-3g per 5ml. That's practically nothing because you're not going to vape that in an hour's sitting. Go on and vape guilt free. :}

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
Imagine if the bottle of juice were straight sugar. Even a 30ml bottle would be what-a tablespoon, maybe two? Now think about how much time you're taking to ingest it all. If there are any calories to vaping, you probably burn them off simply from the energy u expend picking up your pv.
I've lost over 20lbs. since I started vaping full-time on 2/28/11. I find that the yummy flavors i'm vaping satisfy my cravings for sweets and keep me from eating the real thing. Ymmv...

LadyLifesaver

May 3, 2011
Marion, Ohio
I've lost about 15 pounds since I started vaping about a month and a half ago. When smoking you tend to smoke less because of the cost of cigarettes and tend to snack in between. With vaping you can just take a couple of hits whenever you feel like it and I feel like that has helped with the snacking and like I said, I've lost 15 pounds!

No worry, I say!

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
If someone does gain weight after tobacco cessation then, assuming they are not obviously eating a lot more, it may be a thyroid issue and they should consult their doctor. But as you have heard, many lose weight as for some reason unknown as yet there is a connection between vaping and food that does not exist with cigarettes.

In other words, it seems that for some people vaping sweet flavors is the equivalent of snacking, which they do less of.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The sweeteners used in eliquids are not sucrose like table sugar. They are mainly Splenda aka sucralose (in liquid form and diluted) and ethyl maltol aka cotton candy flavoring for certain flavors (this does have some carbs but is considered a low carb sweetener). And vg glycerin is considered a low glycemic index sweetener. And I think PG is 0 carbs.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I thought I was going to lose weight because I was drinking less Mountain Dew and more water, but now I'm back to my Dew quota, along with the water.

If we had years and years of safety data on vaping, I could see it being a weight-loss tool for overeating at 0 nic, because it could satisfy many food craving.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
This is no joke. :p I have been vaping Halo Tiki all day and it tastes like its loaded with sweet oils and sugar. I am wondering how many of the calories are absorbed through the mouth or if inhaled sweets can get converted by the body. I haven't seen this question asked.

Only if you don't exhale. :D

Energon

Apr 21, 2011
USA
If someone does gain weight after tobacco cessation then, assuming they are not obviously eating a lot more, it may be a thyroid issue and they should consult their doctor.

When I started vaping I gained 5 lbs right away. I figured that was because food started to taste even better than ever, and I know I did eat a lot more in response. But I also have a thyroid issue that I'm under a doctor's care for, and I know that makes it even easier to pile on the pounds. So I'm getting a double whammy.

Fortunately, the desire to eat everything within a 10-mile radius seems to have died down, so hopefully my weight will start to go in the right direction again.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
No.
I've lost 12 lbs.

95 here....back to my weight in HS.
yahoo.gif

Quitting tobacco was part of the overall changes I made in my life. Dropped cigarettes and picked up walking/jogging and a sensible diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread