Winter Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Greetings,

Just found ECF this week, I wish I had discovered it about three weeks ago, might have saved me some exploratory capital, haha.
I was a smoker for about 22 years, last 5 have been RYO, about 7 a day +\-. I purchased an e cig three weeks ago and haven't had an "analog" since.
I love not stinking like cigarettes anymore, and I have mostly really liked vaping. Still searching for that go to liquid.

A quick question, has anyone else experienced depression and/or general crankiness after quiting the smokes and switching to "digital"? I don't use drugs prescribed or otherwise (except nicotine and caffeine) but my mood has generally been in the crapper. Maybe it's just the winter blues.
Has anyone else experienced this or any other side effects of making the switch?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
"Exploratory capital"?

I like it! :)

Welcome to ECF.

Yes... many people suffer quite noticeable mood issues when quitting smoking*. I also avoided the use the prescription drugs to get me over the hurdle.

*Replacing (some of) the Nicotine isn't the full story.

I did RYO for about a decade before discovering the market-leading cig-a-like.
$800 later and I was ready for the asylum.

ECF saved my life, as no amount of money on that atrocious junk would have given me enough Nicotine.

However, a refillable e-cig that costs $300 a year not $3,000 a year did put me on the right path.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Funny I see this thread because I just took this picture of me vaping on the back porch to ward off the blues!
upload_2017-1-31_16-14-56.png

Reactions: Enso

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Greetings,
Just found ECF this week, I wish I had discovered it about three weeks ago, might have saved me some exploratory capital, haha.
I was a smoker for about 22 years, last 5 have been RYO, about 7 a day +\-. I purchased an e cig three weeks ago and haven't had an "analog" since.
I love not stinking like cigarettes anymore, and I have mostly really liked vaping. Still searching for that go to liquid.
A quick question, has anyone else experienced depression and/or general crankiness after quiting the smokes and switching to "digital"? I don't use drugs prescribed or otherwise (except nicotine and caffeine) but my mood has generally been in the crapper. Maybe it's just the winter blues.
Has anyone else experienced this or any other side effects of making the switch?
Welcome and glad you joined. I become irritable when I perceive i'm losing control of a situation.You are just starting vaping and might be experience similar concerns. Hang in there, let vaping demonstrate to you it's benefits.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Reactions: Enso

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Welcome and glad you joined. I become irritable when I perceive i'm losing control of a situation.You are just starting vaping and might be experience similar concerns. Hang in there, let vaping demonstrate to you it's benefits.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

So far so good, zero desire to go back. As far as the mood stuff, it probably doesn't help any that I'm getting minimal sleep due to a teething infant, haha. The chemical change plus the sleep deprivation have thrown me out of balance, but I know this will all pass. Thanks for the support! I'm going to check out that article now:)

Reactions: BrotherBob

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Congrats!
You don't even know the benefits of quitting smoking when you're around small children, even if you smoked outside the house the particles that stick to your clothing can cause allergies and whatnot, so :toast: cheers to the best decision ever.

Thank you. Yup, I was aware to some extent. I always smoked outside and then washed my hands when I came in... sometimes I'd brush my teeth and wash my face too. But the smell still lingered. I think it was the realization that I wouldn't stink around my kids that made me want to try digital. My wife says my mood is unbearable when I (try to) quit cold turkey. Plus she smokes so it's really hard to keep up the will power. This seems like a good compromise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread