Wisc. Gov. Evers closes vape shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
@CarolT, are they going to allow online retailing?
I don't know anything more about it than what I told you. I suspect not. But gas stations will still be selling juul, etc., because they're essential. That "essential business" stuff is despicable because it shuts down small businesses but not large ones, without regard to whether they're actually enabling the virus to spread.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
It may well be worth ordering consumables over the internet then while you can. Such as liquid and or the fixings for it and coils or coiling supplies, as there's only limited stock and they're considered unimportant to the powers that be and we don't know how long things will last.

Even I've recently got some bits and pieces for DIY liquids now, so it certainly proves necessity is the mother of invention.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
I think I've tracked down the source of this misinformation. It's crap from the City of Milwaukee Tobacco-Free Alliance. Those dirtbags claim that "According to the Office of the Governor, Vape, smoking, cigar, and CBD shops are defined as non-essential workplaces and should stay closed for the remainder of the Safer at Home order. Deliveries from these establishments don't classify as 'essential travel.'"

However, as I noted, it says that "Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food and goods directly to residences" are not required to shut down. They're purposely confusing deliveries from businesses with "essential travel" as applied to individuals.

The order also says:
DEFINITIONS 11. Essential Activities. Individuals may leave their home or residence to perform any of the following:

b. Necessary supplies and services. To obtain necessary services or supplies for themselves and their family or household members, or to deliver those services or supplies to others, such as, by way of example only and without limitation: canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, gasoline, propane, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, and any other household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.

https://content.govdelivery.com/att...ts/1409408/Health Order #12 Safer At Home.pdf

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Too late, they already blocked me. Talk about a hair trigger. Perhaps someone else could report the offending post for spreading false information. This is the link:
https://twitter[.]com/MKETobaccoFree/status/1247172793369858051
Remove the brackets to make it live.

Supposedly, government entities aren't supposed to block people, after a 2019 court decision. But I don't see anything about what to do if they do it anyway.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
What a turd. He doesn't care who he kills.
He got a double barreled tweet from me:
It is reprehensible that neither morality nor ethics stop the Smoke Free Alliance from using falsehood to advance their agenda. However, doing so during a national crisis will inevitably lead to illness and death, and is is despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread