Wisdom and Insight Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
I have recently been looking for a replacement for my iTaste v3 . I have had several of these for just over seven months now and the batteries are beginning to fail. When I purchased these I purchased several so I could alternate while charging and avoid pass through charging although the unit is capable. Seven months seems like a relatively short time for the units to last and considering the price it seems there are several comparable options. In searching and reading I have considered moving into something with replacable batteries along with several others which I learned of here and continue to learn through some other threads. So I would like to ask of your wisdom and knowledge your insight regarding. Will a unit with replaceable batteries last longer than seven months? One that I have looked at is the Vamo5 express kit, noting it's similarities to the units I have now with vv and vw as well as an oled display. Also by comparison I have is there a benefit to pursuing this direction more so than something like the Ego One Mega Kit and also the Eleaf iJust2 Kit. Thank you in advance for taking of your time to share your insight and knowledge as well as any suggestions you may offer, all is greatly appreciated!

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Replaceable batteries are good because you can always replace the battery. The cons are that you shouldn't use onboard charging with removable batteries, so there's the small added cost of a charger like the nitecore d2 for 15 or 20 bucks, and then some samsung 25r batteries for another 10 or 15 bucks.

The vamos are known to have weak threads so the mod would probably give out before the batteries did. If you are going with removable batteries, I would look at a box mod like the ipv d2 or evic mini, and go with a tank like the delta 2. The ego mega wins in size and simplicity. There's a ton of options out there.

Check out vapingcheap.com they have some good deals listed on there as well as some fairly comprehensive articles about your options. YouTube is great for specific model reviews and sometimes if you're torn between 2 pieces of equipment you might find a direct comparison too.

If anything, watching someone talk about something kind of gives you a feel for how it operates. Like I really like the evic vt but I hate the knob and menu system, but some reviewers like it and some hate it. But I can tell by watching them use it that it's not for me

Reactions: RA1

RA1

Aug 29, 2015
Replaceable batteries are good because you can always replace the battery. The cons are that you shouldn't use onboard charging with removable batteries, so there's the small added cost of a charger like the nitecore d2 for 15 or 20 bucks, and then some samsung 25r batteries for another 10 or 15 bucks.

The vamos are known to have weak threads so the mod would probably give out before the batteries did. If you are going with removable batteries, I would look at a box mod like the ipv d2 or evic mini, and go with a tank like the delta 2. The ego mega wins in size and simplicity. There's a ton of options out there.

Check out vapingcheap.com they have some good deals listed on there as well as some fairly comprehensive articles about your options. YouTube is great for specific model reviews and sometimes if you're torn between 2 pieces of equipment you might find a direct comparison too.

If anything, watching someone talk about something kind of gives you a feel for how it operates. Like I really like the evic vt but I hate the knob and menu system, but some reviewers like it and some hate it. But I can tell by watching them use it that it's not for me
Thank You Ou2mame, I will be looking at your suggestions today. I like the ego mega and I agree, just trying to get a little more life! Just when I was getting used to the one I have it went kaput! :) And for the current replacement price of the upgraded model (vv4) I could easily get into the sub ohm category which it seems has greater abilities including the flavor aspect. I was not aware of the vamo thread issue but headed to You tube for more information. Thank Again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread