Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I kind of wondered when they would make this mod. I knew they would turn the reuleaux style mod into a squonk mod at some point, but I thought it would have been sooner. It would have took the market by storm if it were released around the same time as the gbox, but now it has a lot of competition. Being 18650 only isn't going to help sales either. Arctic fox may be its big selling point, if there is a version that works on it.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
It looks like Wismec's moved away from proprietary bottles, which is a big plus. But, the single door design is not great. Just like with the Gbox, the batteries will drop when you open the door to take out the bottle.

The saving grace for this could be Arctic Fox. Finger's crossed that AF will be supported on this down the road (ideally right around the time it hits the clearance section on retailers sites).

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
It looks like Wismec's moved away from proprietary bottles, which is a big plus. But, the single door design is not great. Just like with the Gbox, the batteries will drop when you open the door to take out the bottle.

The saving grace for this could be Arctic Fox. Finger's crossed that AF will be supported on this down the road (ideally right around the time it hits the clearance section on retailers sites).

Yeah it's similar to the GBOX, but I prefer filling the bottle thru the 510. So it's no big deal. Unlike the GBOX it doesn't have the metal pipe in the bottle which is good. That's one thing I didn't like about the Gbox. I'm not really a fan of any squonker that uses a metal tube in the squonk bottle.

As far as clearance that wont happen for awhile, as much as I would like it to. The sooner wismec releases a new firmware for the luxotic DF, the sooner Arctic Fox can release it's own firmware for it

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Fasttech is now selling spare bottles and mod only

$15.03 Authentic Wismec LUXOTIC DF Box Replacement Refillable E-liquid Bottle (5-Pack) 5-pack - 7ml / silicone at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$53.06 Authentic Wismec LUXOTIC DF 200W VW APV Squonk Box Mod - 1-200W / 2*18650 / built-in 7ml squonk bottle at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

df.jpg

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I watched a review on this and here were the takeaways: Flimsy battery door, batteries fall out when accessing the bottle, the front cover for the bottle doesn't sit flush, bad 510 connection, chip saying low battery with fully charged 18650's. I'll be interested to hear what people think once they have it. I prefer the Desire rage personally.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I watched a review on this and here were the takeaways: Flimsy battery door, batteries fall out when accessing the bottle, the front cover for the bottle doesn't sit flush, bad 510 connection, chip saying low battery with fully charged 18650's. I'll be interested to hear what people think once they have it. I prefer the Desire rage personally.
I prefer the rage to but some might want a smaller mod instead of something as tall as the rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread