Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk
I have been doing so much reading lately about my new investment. I love this thing!
I am using a 3.0 oHm boge with a self crafted tank from a 10ml syringe. I think I will be buying a commercially made tank this weekend.
At any rate; is there an issue or preference over dual coil cartos verses single coil. I think I had read somewhere that dual coils were not prefered and I cannot remember where. I also seem to think that comment was directed toward the ProVari v.1 and mine is v.2.
Any comments would be great.
Thanks for reading.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I use nothing but dualcoil love them 2.0 and 2.5 ohm to me they out perform and taste better then boge.They also hold more juice i don't bother with tanks to much jusy refill once in awhile.No the 2.0 and 2.5ohm do not drain batteries faster the lr will but thats true in any carto or atty.Give them a try everybody likes different things i use to use boge not now though.

Blue_Lobster

Sep 22, 2011
Oakland
I have been using an eGo adapter so that I can use up my EMDCCs (@2.5 ml) and they work great.

Although I'm kind of liking the Boge 3.0/3ml tank combos too.

I even use my resurrectors with an eGo cone on it!

I have alot of gear left over from my eGo setup. Originally I was going to use up my stock and then stick to Boge 3.0s with 3ml liquidators.

But I'm liking how the different cartos vary in flavor and hit. I just might keep some of the EMDCCs and resurrectors around for fun.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
IMO, dual coils just waste battery power and go through more juice. I have a few boxes left over from when I used a Pig Cig. I prefer the Boge 3.0's. I think the juice and Boge carto combo tastes better, too.

Agreed. As you can see in this very thread, others don't agree that DCs drink juice at a prodigious rate, but mine did. I could kill a tank quite quickly. I saw my juice consumption go way up, and battery life go way down.

I'll take 6-8 watts on a single coil any day over the same wattage spread over two coils. They don't make sense to me on a VV device.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
I have always used 2.5 ohm dual coil cartos with my tanked Provari v1 and they do work very well. When I got my Provari mini, I really started to notice how hard these were on smaller batteries. I'm still in the experimental stage going back and forth between the 2.5 duals and the 3.0 regulars to get a feel for performance vs: battery life. So far, I am able to tweak voltages to get almost identical vapes from both. I'm used to 5.5v on the duals and have found that 4.9v on the single coils are identical. YMMV depending on juice, etc. So far, a couple of big plusses for the single coil cartos - first, I am only using about half the juice compared to the duals. Secondly, my battery life has extended by a good 40% with the single coils. So I've found that using the single coil cartos gives me equivalent performance, uses less juice and is easier on batteries. I know that all of this is subjective, but that's my experience so far and I am pretty much moving to the single coil side of the fence :)

On another note, I see a lot of good press about the Boge cartomizers around here. The single coils that I am using are Smoktec with the flange. For those of you who have used both, what is the main difference in vape between the smok and boge?

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
My experience with dual coil cartos has been bad. It seems they do not last as long, juice and battery goes quicker, and the vape isn't as good as the juice isn't as tasty. I personally prefer to use the Provari's voltage to increase/decrease the vape rather than a dual coil. With that said, some people love dual coils and its possible I had a bad batch given Smoktech seemed to have a QC issue, so if you are interested I would buy one or two with your next order and experiment. To my understanding, the V2 has addressed functioning issues with dual coil cartos and should work without issue.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I concur!, i use smoktechs dcc/1.5/with tank. and i never seem to want to go past 4.2. its an awesome vape!
I have a provari v2 with 18650 extension. never have to worry about battery time. I did with the mini, drove me nuts changing batteries all day. so i traded it for the big guy', love it.

Meems

I use nothing but dualcoil love them 2.0 and 2.5 ohm to me they out perform and taste better then boge.They also hold more juice i don't bother with tanks to much jusy refill once in awhile.No the 2.0 and 2.5ohm do not drain batteries faster the lr will but thats true in any carto or atty.Give them a try everybody likes different things i use to use boge not now though.

Last edited:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I concur!, i use smoktechs dcc/1.5/with tank. and i never seem to want to go past 4.2. its an awesome vape!
I have a provari v2 with 18650 extension. never have to worry about battery time. I did with the mini, drove me nuts changing batteries all day. so i traded it for the big guy', love it.

Meems

I have a heap of the smoktech dcc/1.5 with tanks, they worked great on my V4L KR808Ds, so I'm using them up. At the moment I'm not going past 3.8v on my mini, it's the right spot for my fave juice.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I like my 1.5 dual coils in tanks just fine. Yes more juice, yes less battery time, but I love the warm vape. They last 6 or 7 days in a tank and never get burnt.

Tried some single coils at a higher setting, but didn't really like them.

Dripping gives me the best juice taste, other than dripping juice will taste a bit different, muted. It's all good.

man91433

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hiya Guys & Gals

Looking for some guidance here as I'm still confused.

My current Sweet Spot is as follows:

SmokeTech Dual Coil 1.5 ohm carto / tank on an eGo C Twist at 4.6 Volts (my own DIY 70/30 PG/VG Juice).

This combo gives me a good warm vape with tons of flavour and decent amount of vapor and nice throat hit - yes I do go through juice fast and have to recharge the batteries fairly frequently but I like the vape so will deal with the downside.

My question is this:

Just ordered a Provari V2 (18650 batteries) - What carts should I be using to get a similar or better experience - so much contradictory info on the web. Can I still use my dual coil 1.5 ohm carts or do I need to use a higher resistance cart? Single vs Dual Coil?

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I have a Provari V2 with 18650 extension.
I absolutely love my setup: 1.5 dcc with a 6ml smoktech tank. and i vape at 4.2, sometimes a little higher , sometimes a little lower, and its theeee perfect vape.

Hiya Guys & Gals

Looking for some guidance here as I'm still confused.

My current Sweet Spot is as follows:

SmokeTech Dual Coil 1.5 ohm carto / tank on an eGo C Twist at 4.6 Volts (my own DIY 70/30 PG/VG Juice).

This combo gives me a good warm vape with tons of flavour and decent amount of vapor and nice throat hit - yes I do go through juice fast and have to recharge the batteries fairly frequently but I like the vape so will deal with the downside.

My question is this:

Just ordered a Provari V2 (18650 batteries) - What carts should I be using to get a similar or better experience - so much contradictory info on the web. Can I still use my dual coil 1.5 ohm carts or do I need to use a higher resistance cart? Single vs Dual Coil?

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread