Wondering...What does "Kickable" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
Sorry for the Newbie question, but I've seen a few references to the term "Kickable" but have no idea what that means. ....but I did try looking in the search box (couldn't find a definition amongst the myriad of threads) and Google didn't help either. Does kickable mean some type of ability to upgraded in some way? Or is there a comprehensive glossary somewhere here on ECF? Thanks in advance!

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Here lately it seem popular to put the Kick, and to a lesser extent, a Crown (similar device) in mechanical mods. Not sure why...lol...if you want VV or VW just buy a mod made that way. Mechanical mods are generally great the way they are made, just use the correct resistance coil on them and they work great. The Kick was developed when VV/VW devices were few and expensive such as the ProVari. Today you have many choices.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Here lately it seem popular to put the Kick, and to a lesser extent, a Crown (similar device) in mechanical mods. Not sure why...lol...if you want VV or VW just buy a mod made that way.

Two reasons: a) safety and b) regulated vaping.

A mech with a Kick is still a very different thing to a VV/VW mod, in my honest opinion.

JJ

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
A Kick from Evolv or a Crown from Artisan affords a vaper to turn his/her unregulated mech mod into a regulated mod, such as a ProVari, Sigelei Zmax, etc.

I choose to vape regulated. However, in doing so, I would not be able to vape with this . . .
PreciseELA.jpg
With a Kick, I am able to enjoy the many of the excellent mech mods, which are available.

When vaping low ohms, unregulated, I use a fuse, such as a Shortstop.

- Andy

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Two reasons: a) safety and b) regulated vaping.

A mech with a Kick is still a very different thing to a VV/VW mod, in my honest opinion.

JJ

Without getting into the technical differences between the two platforms . . . Personally, there is an undeniable elegance with a nicely executed mech mod.

- Andy

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
I agree a kicked mech is still a mech... i have a kts kicked with a did clone...the kick is at its lowest setting...the coil is 1.8...5 wraps of 32...the kick gets it going fast so i dont have to take long draws...to me its like having a 5 volt battery...and it also has protection...because the kick goes into the batt tube its really not like a "VV" unit because i would have to take it apart to adjust it..i like to think of it as having a 5 volt battery no more no less.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Agreed - that is exactly why I still covet a high end mech even though I already own two ProVaris.

JJ

Likewise, me, as well. Two P minis. They are fantastic in every way. However, for me, there is simply something about a well dressed and built mech.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread