Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Geez Louis! Now I think the problem might be a sticky button... Maybe that's the cause of the hot bats? I really hate complaining and I still like this fully. Any thoughts on cleaning it? Disassemble and compressed air?
Now that's bizarre. I took mine apart a couple days ago just to see what was going on in there and it was still clean as a whistle. Can you tell if any part may be malformed either from the shop or during the course of use? Yeah, take it apart and see what's up!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Thanks Snork big time!! Starting to feel like a drama queen here . Am at work. Will check it out at home and post. So yours was sticking too? Intermittently right? Had been flawless for weeks?
No, no sticking, smooth as ever! I was just curious to see how much pocket lint might be in there. I accomplished nothing.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Alrighty then! Here's an update:

I disassembled the WH. Swabbed out with rubbing alcohol. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary. No lint, no nothing.

Hmmm, thought let's try the KFL on my back-up. Put it on my itty bitty Simplicity 18350 and guess what? Hot battery!! (Maybe Snork has something there with the atty short idea?).

Got home. Checked with a meter. Yep, short. Tightened the moving building platform (can't think of term) re-built, and its vaping like a champ. I guess the fact that the KFL worked perfectly the other night on a ProVari (after heating up the batteries in the WH) added to my confusion. Provaris are pretty finicky with their toppers even when all is well with the topper.

Soooooooo.....perhaps this is the end of this drama. What a long, strange trip it's been. Must say, I've been humbled. I've been using the KFL for months without issue (except for dropping it and causing a leak due to the threads getting crossed). I actually was feeling a tad bit cocky with all of my luck with this topper!

Guess, the moral of the story is that there is always more to learn. Hoping this is my last "learning opportunity" for the next day or 2.:). And yes, always have a back-up! Love this filly.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread