Workplace banning e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellerhighwater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Riverside, CA
Let's be clear here, there is nothing "Communist" about this. This is corporate fascism and it does indeed suck.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a communist but I hate to see incorrectly used political rhetoric.

Very true. And another great reason to have democratic government with authority to regulate corporations. insurance companies should be encouraging e-cig research rather than trying to ban them outright or otherwise force their customers off of them.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Elfstone, look here: CASAA Printable Material specifically the "Legislative Packet" and Here: Lab Reports: ecigarettes for what lab reports we could get our hands on and Here: Clinical Research: Electronic Cigarettes for all of the clinical research we could get and finally Here: Scientific Opinon: Electronic cigarettes for scientific opinion papers on e-cigs. Some of the most recent research is not available for free to the public or for us to post. If you want copies of those you'd need to buy them.

We actually have been discussing putting together a packet for people to take to work and web page to send employers to, but it's kind of tricky because most employers have the right to restrict smoking/tobacco use on their property (ironically, the opposite isn't true anymore in most places.) But it IS in the works - it's taking a bit of a back seat to some other major projects we have been doing. We may take you up on your offer to help! ;)

Kristin I found that link at work today. We also have the no e-cig policy in effect. I only have to work 3 more days and I will start a new job. I just wanted to thank all of CASAA, because I was able to print some of the material at work. Over half of what I printed was given to people that were interested in leaning more. I'm proud to be a member of CASAA and also proud of the health benefits that vaping has given me. Thank you and Thanks to CASAA. A fantastic group.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Since all the studies seem to be done overseas (Greece, Italy) and they want to propose bans here in the states with no real studies done HERE, we should get our physicians to weigh in on this! I have had a nurse tell me her husband started vaping, a doctor tell me congratulations for not using tobacco, if we get the conversation rolled around about a possible ban, physicians may start speaking out and banding together in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread