Wotofo Serpent Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I really need big help. I lost my flat base semi transparent O Ring on washer. Any body know where I can buy the replacement?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-17-20-25-41~2.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-17-20-25-41~2.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 121

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Reactions: rifky

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
I bought one on a whim, now its the only one I use lol. vapor beast has them on clearance (why????) for 20 each. I use a .8 ohm clapton around 20w. Works perfectly for me. My only complaint with the mini vs the regular serpent would be that the little bugger gets hot rather quickly. I swapped out the included drip tips which helped a little.

Retro68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Los Alamos, NM USA
For those of you that are new to the mini, I've learned a method of wicking it that works REALLY well. Someone may have posted it already, but it can't hurt to bring it up again. Once you have coiled it and pulled your cotton through, cut the exposed tails lengthwise so that it's split. Then, just juice the tails tucking one into the cutout groove, and the other off to the side (kayfun style). Make sure you don't have any fibers in the threads, juice up the cotton good, and screw it back together. Be careful as the top can cross thread easily. I discovered that the hard way lol. Fill, take a couple light dry pulls, vape and enjoy :) . I find this to be the best method due to the fact that when I originally wicked it strictly "kayfun style" that more often than not, it would get "slurpy". Once I wicked it this way, I've never had that problem since.

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
For those of you that are new to the mini, I've learned a method of wicking it that works REALLY well. Someone may have posted it already, but it can't hurt to bring it up again. Once you have coiled it and pulled your cotton through, cut the exposed tails lengthwise so that it's split. Then, just juice the tails tucking one into the cutout groove, and the other off to the side (kayfun style). Make sure you don't have any fibers in the threads, juice up the cotton good, and screw it back together. Be careful as the top can cross thread easily. I discovered that the hard way lol. Fill, take a couple light dry pulls, vape and enjoy :) . I find this to be the best method due to the fact that when I originally wicked it strictly "kayfun style" that more often than not, it would get "slurpy". Once I wicked it this way, I've never had that problem since.

Any chance you have a photo of this?

Reactions: oplholik

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Well, I just got my Serpent Mini and built my first coil ever. I used 26 ga SS316, with 6 wraps at 3mm. It's a contact coil. It worked out to be 0.48 ohms. The coil seems to be working, but the wicking is a work in progress. I don't seem to be getting as much vapor or flavor as I do with my Atlantis EVO and I've gotten some dry hits when I used it on VW. I ended up re-wicking and giving it another try. I think this one is better. I have tied using TC on my new DNA and I had to turn up the temp to 480-490F to get some decent vapor. At 420F I was getting nothing. Is this normal?

Last edited:

jofe2013

Nov 13, 2012
Slovakia
Damn -- mine's just do not fit properly - do you think these are the same as yours? Kayfun 5 MTL Airflow reducer set. I so wanted them to work. I could however splay out the 'cylinders' to make them fit though.

I use mesh roll with very small hole about 1mm instead kayfun reducer, insert in the air hole till it fits snugly. Setup : 26ga SS316L and 2.0mm in diameter, 7wraps, cotton native wicks premium, 0,40 ohm, 28w on Dicodes Dani V2plus - best MTL for ever

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
The Serpent Mini is my first RTA and so far I'm really liking it and it's working well. I did have one question. I had noticed that when I top off the tank, I start to get noticeably more vapor. I thought it was from the additional juice, but then I figured out that it did the same thing from just removing the top and replacing it. So it obviously has something to do with the pressure in the tank. Is this normal or is there something I should be doing differently? I'm running a 3mm, 6 warp, 26 ga SS316L, 0.46 ohm coil with a cotton wick, at 480F. It's working great and I'm getting good vapor, it's just that the vapor dies down slightly after I vape for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread