Wotofo Serpent Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
The Serpent Mini is my first RTA and so far I'm really liking it and it's working well. I did have one question. I had noticed that when I top off the tank, I start to get noticeably more vapor. I thought it was from the additional juice, but then I figured out that it did the same thing from just removing the top and replacing it. So it obviously has something to do with the pressure in the tank. Is this normal or is there something I should be doing differently? I'm running a 3mm, 6 warp, 26 ga SS316L, 0.46 ohm coil with a cotton wick, at 480F. It's working great and I'm getting good vapor, it's just that the vapor dies down slightly after I vape for a bit.

I keep the top on my Serpent Mini loosened about 1/8 turn from tightened down. It works best for me this way. Never have leaks and always vapes like a champ. I love this RTA.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
@Ed_C Its normal, as you vape, a vacuum is created in the tank that slows down the wicking. Maybe try a little less wick so the air can work its way into the tank.

I often loosen off the top to let air in. Its called 'burping' the tank.

I rewicked, used less wick and it's working better.

Reactions: dansus

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
I had shelved my Mini because I just couldn't get it dialed in - I was either getting leaking or dry hits all the time.
I then came across this video on Youtube:

I tried searching and wasn't sure if this has been posted before.

Since then my Mini has been performing flawlessly and back in regular rotation.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I took some pointers from that video and have seen an increase in performance, cheers. I have also started using 60/40 rather than 70/30 juice and that has made a difference too. I've started using a 24/32 clapton rather than a 26/32.
Still my favorite tank.

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
Hey guys,

I finally found my sweet spot with this tank.. finally.. stumbled upon this guide in reddit by ImagineryTragedy and I followed his method especially the wicking technique. Never thought that Scottish roll can be done in that way where you peel 1 thin layer from the cotton pads and just roll it. Wicking action is very good and no leak what so ever after 5 refills. This setup is for temp control but can applied to other setups.

Links below:
Serpent Mini Temp Control Build Tutorial • /r/electronic_cigarette

obleko

Dec 9, 2016
leaking/seeping/dry hits for about a month with diff wick until now, what i did is

wick slightly more, -3.0mm D coil
fluff the tail, spread out cut the TOP excessive wick but leave enough FILL UP the juice well to avoid juice flow directly to the Middle Airhole

Make form ur wick upside down L, ﹃ wick, so wick wont be contacting the middle airhole

Put ur wick tail to upper side of the juice well, not all the way to the bottom or u will get dry hit

Important part avoid leaking :
Screw the chimney down well without moving ur wick tail,
Form ur wick nicely inside the juice well, and some space between the middle airhole and chimney = Zero Leak
Too much wick to chimney, when u screw down will mess up ur wick position = Leak, Dry Hit

When fill in the juice
Close the airhole
Unscrew top cap
Fill it full
Screw back ur top cap half just when u feel it already reach o ring
Turn upside down, wait for the juice dry out from the deck --- Burping
Final screw top cap
open ur airhole
Turn back ur tank

Reactions: LarryPer

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I have had the Serpent Mini 25 for a while now and I absolutely love this tank, but I've been experiencing some leaking issues from the bottom of the tank (where the 510 is) recently. I tried replacing the o rings, coils, wick, and everything more than once to no avail. Could it be because of the cold weather? I did not experience that before winter came around. My Avocado 24 bottom airflow and Aromamizer Supreme RDTA tanks never do that, so I know my wicking is fine (I've had other people give it a shot as well).

Do I have a faulty tank, perhaps? It's just weird because it was fine until recently, and I've tried both single and dual coil decks to no avail.

Attachments

• 20161214_030818.jpg
    20161214_030818.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 20161214_030819.jpg
    20161214_030819.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 117

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
I have had the Serpent Mini 25 for a while now and I absolutely love this tank, but I've been experiencing some leaking issues from the bottom of the tank (where the 510 is) recently. I tried replacing the o rings, coils, wick, and everything more than once to no avail. Could it be because of the cold weather? I did not experience that before winter came around. My Avocado 24 bottom airflow and Aromamizer Supreme RDTA tanks never do that, so I know my wicking is fine (I've had other people give it a shot as well).

Do I have a faulty tank, perhaps? It's just weird because it was fine until recently, and I've tried both single and dual coil decks to no avail.

Reactions: TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
@Whitechapel I've tried everything but it still does it. I wicked it just like the video, same result. It's getting really annoying and I am thinking of just getting rid of the tank altogether even though I truly love it. I recently bought a Merlini Mini RTA which I really like and it doesn't do that, and I might be going for the GeekVape Ammit RTA next.

Reactions: irisev

irisev

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
@Whitechapel I've tried everything but it still does it. I wicked it just like the video, same result. It's getting really annoying and I am thinking of just getting rid of the tank altogether even though I truly love it. I recently bought a Merlini Mini RTA which I really like and it doesn't do that, and I might be going for the GeekVape Ammit RTA next.
As in constant dry hits?
I had the same problem too for quite a while. I had virtually given up on the serpent mini but I came across that video and finally got it to work!. The things that resulted in the major wicking improvement for me were fanning and cutting the tops of the wicks like in the vid above, and even some off the bottom, and making sure the wicks don't go all the way down. The video says cut in line with the o-ring which is a good guide. I even cut off a tiny bit extra.
What size ID coil u using and what type of cotton? I'm either 3mm or 3.5mm using cotton bacon 2 and Scottish roll technique. When rolling cotton, I only roll the ends and leave the middle section to roll along naturally. This leaves the middle totally uncompressed.
Even though it's seems uve moved on, keep at it my friend, it's a good tank once u hit that sweet spot.

I also just got a merlin mini, love it! As good as it is, the serpent mini has been replaced by the mini merlin as my main tank now cos I prefer the DL inhale the merlin mini can provide as opposed to the MTL style of the serpent mini.

I wouldn't mind trying out a serpent mini 25 though...

Reactions: TheWestPole

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
@irisev I was talking about the leaking issue, mainly. It's not really a leaking issue but rather like liquid drops on the base of the tank and I still can't figure it out, but I've recently seen a lot of Serpent tanks with the same issue over here lately so it's most likely the cold weather.

I still love the Serpent Mini 25, to be honest, but as a single coil tank way more than as a dual coil tank; I've tried many tanks so far and it is still on the top of my list. I recently purchased the hyped GeekVape Ammit and I am not impressed by it at all and I have yet to perfect the wicking because it works fine for a while but then the flavor starts to get mutated and then the wick just gets burnt completely. I don't know why that happens and I tried so many wicking techniques but I haven't figured out the correct way yet.

The Merlin Mini RTA is my number one tank at the moment and I just love it more every day. I might be buying an OBS Engine RTA soon since I hear great things about it. I'll update you with my review of it if I end up buying it on Monday.

Laurynas

Feb 17, 2017
Hi, if you want to get serpent mini just do it :) it may be a year old tank, but up to this date i have not found easier, more reliable, compact insane flavor atomizer. Build deck is different and many people do not like it, but to me its legendary. You can do A LOT of fun stuff with it. You can put very thick builds in it as you are not restricted by post hole diameter. At the moment I've been using staple staggered fused clapton inside which ohms out at 0.26 @~33W. Which gives thick clouds and ohh so sweet flavor. Build video couple posts above explains wicking quite well. I put a little bit more though so that the wick touches the deck. No problems with leaking or dry hits. Wick absorbs liquid very well in this atomizer. I own a lot of different rtas and I like serpent mini the best of them all plus it very cheap :) try it you won't regret it! :)
Y1Nu3Dv

YK2uv
DZSwK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread