Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
debating whether i should opt for the kanger pro tank 2. or a carto ibtank.
I've got both on order... because as GSR stated, they are different beasties. The deal with carto tanks is that some folks have one or two... while others have 20 or 30 - yet it seems that folks with ProTanks seldom have more than two. I might have two if they come out with a PT mini 2... but I can almost guarantee that I'll keep buying carto tanks into the dozens... at least, until my wife kills me in my sleep. ;-)

Take a look at Valley View Vapes carto tanks too. Great company, great product... the $15 premium polypro tanks with side fill are really a nice piece of kit for the money, as are the Pyrex side fills.

C

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have both (Protank - 2; IBTanked - 12). I'm a cartotank guy. I believe a perfectly setup cartotank gives me the best flavor of any delivery attachment. A little longer time to set up initially, and a learning curve at the beginning, but definitely worth it.

I figure that I spent up to $6 a day on cigarettes and didn't think a thing about the cost; getting a $2 cartomizer to last 1 - 3 weeks is a bargain.

Carto's are sometimes a hit or miss affair. Ive had carto's in a tank last 2 months. I've also had about 6 carto's no joke one right after the other die after less than 6 draws on them. I was not happy at all especially considering these were boge carto's and supposed to be the best. I did nothing different from any other time I fill a carto. Fill it up, put it in the tank, fill the tank, let it sit for an hour or overnight even, turn the voltage to lowest setting, hit it, bump the voltage till I get a decent vapor, then check the ohms to make sure I can go up more. In every case I get it to just after checking the ohms and bumping it to 3.4 volts and the carto fries. These are supposed to be 2.6 to 3.0 ohm cartos. I'm about to order a pro tank 2 once they hit the market just to ttry my hand at something different.
So carto's and tanks can be a pain in the ..... However, when they do work nicely, they work like a champ and you get good flavor, and great vapes. Those times the carto fries however can be a real nast and giant pain in the A**. Just my :2c:.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
that is a good point. how much does it cost to rebuild your coils on average?

I paid $4 for a piece of cheese cloth at bed bath and beyond and had rewicked 4 coils with this I believe. at this rate that piece of cheese cloth will last yrs. kanthal is pretty cheap on ebay, I still havnt recoiled a head sense I just rinse and dryburn my coils and they are still good. cheese cloth or cotton puff balls are probably the cheapest route, cotton puff balls gave me a funny taste, cheese cloth taste better and vaps great, I also have ss mesh im going to try and that was pricer compared to the others.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i see. i might have 1 of each for variety.

Most definitely try both. As has already been mentioned, two entirely different wicking systems. Even with the clearomizers, you have top-coil/top-wicked varieties (Vivi Nova, iClear) and bottom-coil/bottom-wicked varieties (Protank, Evod), all of which will provide a slightly different vaping experience. There's no way to predict which you will personally prefer until you have given them a shot.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
i see. i might have 1 of each for variety.
Those that say "all I use is this, or that clearo, carto, tank or whatever", having never tried all the possibilities - they are shorting themselves the opportunity to partake in a different experience. And that's what vaping provides that cigarettes do not, a unique experience with every variation.

C

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I have both (Protank - 2; IBTanked - 12). I'm a cartotank guy. I believe a perfectly setup cartotank gives me the best flavor of any delivery attachment. A little longer time to set up initially, and a learning curve at the beginning, but definitely worth it.

I figure that I spent up to $6 a day on cigarettes and didn't think a thing about the cost; getting a $2 cartomizer to last 1 - 3 weeks is a bargain.

Baditude is a "bad" influence on me, or good according to which way you look at it. I have 8 Protanks and 2 Protank 2's on order. I do like them. I have recently purchased an IBTanked XL and with Bads suggestion, Ordered the particular Carto's he likes. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. The taste is a bit better in the IBTanked set up. Its the same smoothness during each and every hit. Ive been on the same carto since I got mine last week and it still tastes and draws the same as when I put it in.

I would get both if I were you. The orginal Protank and an IBTanked. The original Protank will be great for jostling around in your pocket upside down if need be, and the drip tip will not come off.

The Protank heads will not last as long as the right cartomizer. But as someone said, they are rebuildable.

To me, 1.90 every few weeks is not bad for the convenience for the Carto.

Last edited:

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
also watch vids on how to fill a carto tank if you go that route. need to make sure the carto is all wet before you vap or it will burn up. think baditude has a thread on how to fill them.

also like said liquids will taste/hit different depending on device. im using some gummy bear one now that taste great in the protank, but in the carto it hits really hard and has a crappy taste to it. with the right juices though the cartos taste awesome, my mountain baker cherry limeade and liqua green apple were amazing in my tank, esp the green apple. juice also seems to last alot longer in the cartotank where the protanks and evod drain pretty fast IMO.

Last edited:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
My own Theory of Vaping is that different is almost always better.

It goes like this

Get five different delivery device/liquid combinations, once you are comfortable in how to use them and 'like' them use one exclusively for a week. Each change you will likely perceive it to be better. At the end of five weeks start back at the beginning and guess what? Its better :D

Myself, I quit chasing better a long time ago as I found what works great for me. I still pick up toys here and there but thats just because I am obsessed.

ETA*** Forgot the example, its like this :D

stairs.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread