Would you stop vaping if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
No way, too many advantages to vaping vs. smoking.
I doubt the price will ever drop, however I could see the government taxing the crud out of vaping and supplies in order to make up for lost revenue.
At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I also believe that's partially why pot is all of a suddend becoming legal in so many states after all this time. Cigarette sales have been declining since vaping has been becoming more popular, since they've had a difficult time creating taxes on new products (especially ones that are used for things other than vaping) they need a quick money fix. The government may be slow on most things, but not when it affects their bottom line they can certainly see the writing on the wall.

coralsands

Jul 8, 2015
in my state most of the price of cigarettes seem to come from taxes so ill never have this problem. I still have a cig once in a great while when im around people that smoke but iv never had a hard time switching from cigarettes to vaping. the way i see it nicotine is nicotine and i dont even have a slight urge to smoke as long as iv got a vape. I dont really understand why anyone would have a hard time switching, aside from not having the feel of hot tar going into your lungs. though sometimes i do miss the smell of stale cigarettes(its comforting to me as i grew up with parents that smoke). i guess im just weird like that

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I will never smoke again, price has nothing to do with it. Vaping is better for my health, tastes better and I don't stink.
I agree. I find it less expensive. I have cut nicotine to 1mg.. I probably have no nic dependence and could quit tomorrow.
Like Danrogers said, tastes better, really better.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I'd like to think that I would never smoke a cigarette if vaping wasn't available. I love vaping and have stocked up on supplies so I wouldn't have to give up vaping. After 4 years vaping we are definitely saving tons of money over smoking, and the health benefits are wonderful. Maybe if I was stranded somewhere where vaping wasn't available, but cigarettes were I'd be sorely tempted!

Reactions: Rossum

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Sorry I am not sure how to make a proper poll so this will have to do.

With more people switching to vaping, less people over time wouldn't, be smoking. There would be a good chance that cigarettes may go down in price then? If they do would you be tempted to smoke and quit vaping?

Thanks for the big laugh!

No, I don't want Peripheral Arterial disease back at all, I like the way my lungs work now so much better, and I just can't get into coughing up gunk all the time again.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
No, and I still have two sealed cartons in the pantry. My quitting the smokes was pure serendipity and as much of a surprise to me as family members. 2 1/2 yrs. later and I'm stilll happily Tootle Puffing away, stocking my stash for the likely results of the dreaded DEEMING.

If in the future you see a news flash about the capture of female runner of an illegal substance, old, short, dumpy, white haired and bespectled thrown over the hood of her vechicle, frisked for concealed weapons, handcuffed and tossed in back seat of police car......that would be me......Although I kind of think the frisking by a young cop wouldn't be so bad. :)

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread