The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wow 555

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by starsong, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. starsong

starsong Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    Hi there. :)
    I've waited a really long time for the Wow 555 juice and was thrilled to be able to order some. I was wondering if anyone else bought it and has had a chance to try it yet. I'm not sure if it's just me but it seems a tad weak in taste & smell. Should I be letting this "mature" for a week or so before using it?
    The same thing happened elsewhere and it turned out the batch really was mixed wrong.
    So I thought I would check and see what others think.

Thanks!

2. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    Thanks for your report. I just ordered a bunch of it so I'm not real happy to hear this. Can't wait to hear what others have to say.
    :(:(:(:(

3. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    Don't be sad yet. I could just be me and faulty taste buds.

4. blight231

blight231 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2011
    Oregon
    It's the BEST ! You made the right decision. It's my daily vape. Flavor is good , vapor is good and throat hit is excellent! There is a reason why its always sold out along with "Wowboy". Remember taste is subjective ....

5. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    Normally I'd agree... that's why I'm asking about this fresh batch. Are you talking about the new batch or referring to an older one or cartos? Cuz this new one I think might be too fresh still.

6. blight231

Apr 16, 2011
    Oregon
    The flavor hasn't changed. They say not to use the juice when you first get it. Let it sit a week or two. This is called "steeping"

7. jbmcdan

jbmcdan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    TX
    i think she knows what steeping is, blight! but usually v4l juices don't need a lot of steeping. I haven't noticed any off taste to the batch I just got --

8. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Ms. Star have you tried some chocolate to reset your tastebuds? That or a decent menthol since you're a tobacco fan might help get them back where they belong....

9. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    I'll try that, thanks Mordie. Heck any excuse to have some chocolate works for me :)

And thanks jb, that's why I asked -- in case it's just me and the juice is fine. And thanks blight, I wasn't sure if it should steep or not. I had heard the first shipment took a detour so I wondered if this one got rushed out and didn't have a chance to mature yet.

Now, off to eat some chocolate!

10. Jbarbaro32

Jbarbaro32 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    California
    I agree. I just recieved 8 bottles and noticed right away it is not as thick or as dark and the taste is not as strong. Kinda bummed :(

11. CatMommy

CatMommy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    What mg is the 555 in question?

12. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    Mine is 11mg. First thing I noticed was that it was pale, but figured that doesn't always mean anything. I know sometimes a stronger nic sacrifice taste, but I pretty much stick with 11 and sometimes 18. This is actually my first time buying the 555 juice, had only done cartos before.

I can taste it a little -- maybe that 1 piece of chocolate helped... I should go have a couple more, huh? :)

13. CatMommy

Nov 7, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just tried my 24mg and it seems pretty good.
    I know JB vapes 11mg as well, maybe it was a mishap with that concentration?

14. CatMommy

Nov 7, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    OH...and +1 on the FEW more pieces of chocolate...LOL

15. Jbarbaro32

Jbarbaro32 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    California
    Yes, mine is 11mgs and very pale but at least I have it. May just mix it with some of the 24mgs I have had.

16. SnowDragon

SnowDragon Moved On ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    It was recently held by the FDA.....nothing more, nothing less, and like Wowboy, Wow Peppermint, and a few others is regularly an in-stock item. So...it's not always sold-out, this recent issue was an isolated case.

Who are "they"? Custom juices require steeping......rarely do V4L juices require steeping and it is most often used as a last resort to check if one has received a bad batch which has happened on occasion.

After countless bottles of e-juice I have only had one instance where steeping a flavor (Sour Green Apple) for a couple of weeks had an effect. In other cases I simply had a bad batch which was later confirmed by V4L.

Custom makers like Mrs. T's or Backwood Brews do recommend steeping for the flavors to develop, but not V4L. Hopefully someday if their juice manufacturing goes in-house that will change.

I just looked a little closer at some bottles of 555 18mg that I purchased and indeed they are much lighter in color than some older bottles I still have. Haven't vaped them yet, but just from an appearance standpoint it does look like the 18mg has the coloring of 11mg.

17. starsong

Jan 1, 2011
    SoCal
    OK, so with that in mind, if the bottle has 05/30/11 production date on the label, it was barely 4 weeks old when I got it. So maybe letting it sit for another couple weeks might help. Maybe? You think?

18. SnowDragon

SnowDragon Moved On ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    My bottles of 555 & Wowboy have the same production date too, which leads me to believe that the FDA is still holding the previous shipment. I order from both of the custom juice makers I noted before, they recommend 2 weeks of steeping so if it has already been close to a month......who knows?

It would be great if Wader could chime in since it takes approx. 14-16 days for a cargo ship to cross the Pacific, then there is unload time at the dock, then travel time (3-4 days) from the west coast to Chicago. It's almost a little hard to believe that the production date was 5/30/2011.

19. lujin4

lujin4 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    Milwakee
    My new 555-24mg is the same color as my older stuff, go figure.

20. blight231

Apr 16, 2011
    Oregon
    "They" Being other vendors, figured there wouldnt be a huge difference. I'm aware of the fda thing but i will still say Peppermint, wOWBOY and 555 are V4L's most popular flavors ! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.