Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Hello everyone! Skymutt here.
Call me Sky, call me Mutt, Call me sweetie, just don't call me stupid for buying a Blu.

Yeah, yeah, you read that right. I bought the new Blu starter pack yesterday, sue me. ;)

Long story short, I've been wanting a PV for a few years now. I don't remember how many years it's been, but a couple friends started using some of the earlier cigalikes a while back, I want to say 306's but maybe I'm wrong and they were 510's. Either way, they were three piece systems. They liked them, but eventually quit because of battery life problems, atomizer cleaning/replacement/maintenance, etc. So I've been reading things here to get a feel for what's current, and while it's apparent that few people still enjoy cigalikes, they're much more to my style than the larger mods and APVs just now.

So, despite the general distaste for Blu, I decided to take a shot since their newest starter pack is more affordable and similar to the experience I'm looking for by using a PV. I'm a very light analog smoker, maybe 2 packs a week, and those are "ultra lights" to boot. So the "weaker" experience that heavy users dislike is something I hope won't bother me at all. I'm also not a typical smoker in that I don't smoke analogs because I want/need the nicotine most of the time. I can go long periods without smoking and suffer no withdrawal. Sure, sometimes, especially when I'm stressed, I "need" a smoke, but for the most part it's the act and not the chemicals that I want. I like the size and light weight of this Blu version, and the new PCC is exactly what I wanted. It's smaller than a deck of playing cards, but still holds both batteries and 4 cartos, plenty for me in a normal day (I'm guessing).

Well, I tend to be a little wordy, so I'll sign off for now and tell the rest of my story in future posts. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. Hope to meet plenty of PV enthusiasts and share the experience here.

-Mutt

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
welcome Mutt (clapclapclap)

dont sweat the Blu, it has helped lots of people im sure, heck it helped me, i used Blu cartos when i was just starting out. i thought they smelled wonderful, but i didnt feel like i was getting anything, ya know? then i found this place, and upgraded soon after =)

look at the Ovale eMini too, aka the eRoll... cigalike size, PCC, but you load your own juice. something that might interest you. also FIN cartridges, sold at walmart, will fit your Blu battery, i liked em better than Blu cartos.

Good luck to you and welcome!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
just don't call me stupid for buying a Blu.

Don't feel bad, one of my co-workers bought some kind of a Blu kit today with no batteries, must be a re-supply kit ...

I had given him a mini disposable about a week ago, he liked it and dived right into vaping. Now he has some cartos and no way to vape with them ...:laugh:

Guess I was lucky, I bought a 510 starter kit online even before I found this forum, and it came with everything I needed for the first couple of weeks ...

For the moment, I'm content with an eGo style and disposables for backup, doubt if I will ever carry a niteclub fog machine on a lanyard, it might drag my head down :blush:

The fact that you've distanced yourself from tobacco is the important victory. Now the real fun begins ! ;)

MJ12

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Welcome to the forum! I'd say a lot of us started off with a "cig-a-like". My first experience was with the Blu "original" starter kit. After about 2-3 weeks, I was getting tired of swapping the batteries in and out of the USB charger every 30 minutes or so. That, on top of the inconsistency with the cartomizers, and their cost, motivated me to starting doing some research to see what else was available. I tried refilling the cartomizers but met with mixed results. I settled for an eGo-T 1000mAh battery and a Vision Victory tank. The tank holds 5ml of juice and will last me all day and into the night. So, for now at least, I'm a happy camper. BTW, I'm not bashing Blu, just sharing my experience with it. YMMV.

CRkfx1

Aug 8, 2013
Waco
Call me Sky, call me Mutt, Call me sweetie, just don't call me stupid for buying a Blu.

If I called you stupid, then guess what that makes me...a bloomin' idiot. Nah, I kid, I liked the blu starter kit, but like you I got frustrated with changing the batteries every couple hours. The real kicker was when I lost both the batteries in one week, and I had to find something better because the day I lost the second battery, I was right back to PAD.

My latest purchase barely fits in my pockets (eVic), so I ain't losing the blasted thing!

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I know I'll probably outgrow the Blu eventually, but I just love the cigalike concept so much that I know I'll probably always have one no matter what else I'm using. I definitely want an ePipe too, but since I have a thing for "style" all the ones I like are way beyond my price range just yet. I work at the local renaissance festival every year, and a sweet looking pipe would just be perfect there.

As for my Blu, I'm already combing all the vendor sites for upgrades, lol. A couple of the "nano" clearo's look like they may not add too much length, and I know I'll get into refilling cartos too. I really had my eye on the Halo G6, but the lack of a PCC in the starter kit was a dealbreaker thanks to my budget just now. I also prefer a cigarette pack look in a PCC, but don't like the standard Joyetech design all that much either. I guess I'd really love a pack style PCC that can hold a couple bats (maybe even longer than a 65mAh) cartos and clearo all at the same time. Even something designed like a classic hinged cigarette case would be awesome. I bet they're already out there somewhere too. For now, the Blu will do me fine, but I know I'll be eyeing better things soon enough.

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
I started with Blu as well. I didn't know anything about vaping. I saw Deacon Frost one night on the commercial and thought, "Huh, so ecigs are a thing now". I'd seen news reports about them years ago but dismissed them. So the next morning I went to Walgreens and got myself the basic kit. Not absolutely terrible but it just wasn't enough for my needs.
When I started searching online to see if there was anything I could do to get better performance I stumbled upon PBusardo/Grimmgreen on youtube and that lead me here to the ECF and my journey really took off from there. I don't really have anything against Blu but there toward the end of my 3rd week using them one of my batteries was starting to act up.
I still have the old kit in a drawer as a 'back up to my back up'.
Still, I'd take my Blu with a Vivid Vanilla carto over a Pall Mall now any day.:vapor:
Welcome to the ECF!:toast:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Why would we call you stupid..you're one of us now :2cool:

futile.jpg

It's all good...I bought a Totally Wicked Titan Tank so I started with an e-cig stick just like you...upgraded to the workhorse Totally Wicked Tornado RCS...so yer fergivin' ;)

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Sounds like Blu is for you. Any vaping setup has tradeoffs. If the benefits of the device you choose outweigh the tradeoff issues, then you have a workable solution to your smoking problem. What brings us together is not that we vape a certain way, but that we share a common solution, not a common problem. No one would come here if vaping didn't work. We measure success by the number of cigarettes we don't smoke, not by how, or how much we vape. The fact that vaping is so enjoyable is a secondary benefit.

Quitting smoking, far and away the primary benefit, can save our health and our lives. The setup is almost irrelevant. The fact that many of us climb half way up the mountain and turn to each other and say that "my way was best," is the human condition. This is different from sharing our personal experiences of how we climbed, and what path we took. The fact that you quit, or are quitting, is the only thing that matters, and we salute you, and support you! The path that works for you is the best path. Congratulations, welcome to the forum, good luck, power up and vape on!

Gypzy.Mama

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2012
Beaumont, Texas (for now)
I was a pack a day smoker for 10 years. I've been vaping since Sept 28, 2012. I started off on Njoys and Mistics (seriously, the Mistics suck big time). 3 weeks into vaping I upgraded to a big ego battery and a vivi nova. Now I've got a handful of egos and a bunch of different tanks and cartos and clearos etc. My favorite thing to reach for first thing in the morning? My little Finn 510 automatic stick with a kanger t4 clearo (it's about the size of a regular cartomizer, maybe a bit longer). I bought the PCC kit at Walmart and I love that thing. The charging case feels like a cigarette pack, the e-cig is the size of a cigarette. Sometimes it's just what you need when you want that real cigarette. :D There's no right or wrong set-up. There's only what does or doesn't work for you. Vape on!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread