Wow, I just figured up my vaping costs for my first year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I figured up everything from 12/02/2012 - 12/02/2013 (my first order was placed last 12/02). Eek that's a big number! But, I got a cig-alike starter kit and a ton of cartos, an ego-C Twist starter kit, a ton of juice, clearos, cartos, a couple of RDAs, wire, a couple of APVs, carto-tanks, etc. And guess what? I only spent about $30 more than I would have smoking, if even that much.

My quit smoking anniversary isn't until Wednesday, but I've officially been vaping for over a year, now. I think I still came out ahead because a lot of this stuff will last for a long time (like the carto-tanks, RDA, APVs hopefully, etc.), even though I spent a little more money than I would have smoking. That's just costs on gear, though, and not even considering medical bills and stuff that I would have been paying because of frequent colds and stuff.

Sorry, but I'm still just kind of marveling at that, because I thought my vaping costs were going to be way higher than they turned out to be, and I'm still really excited about vaping, just like I was in the beginning :vapor:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Congrats.
I don't want to know what I've spent. Thankfully I didn't save all the receipts.
:vapor:

Oh, I save all my receipts. I have them in a file cabinet where they will NEVER be totaled up, lol.

Ok, I lied. I keep a running total of my vape expenditures on my "Vape" app on my phone. Yeah, I really hate seeing that break-even date move steadily but surely towards "never". :oops:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Ive maintained a spreadsheet detailing every vaping cost since day one. Sometimes the numbers can be painful to look at, but there's always one thing to keep in mind....

Unlike the money spent on cigarettes, which disappears into thin air leaving only crusty buts and stinky ashtrays, your investment in e-cigs leaves you with a nice pile of shinies at the end (as K_tech said, if there ever is an end...lol), that theoretically should still have some value.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
The saving money angle I believe is a myth never realized for most people.

Should be easy enough to break even, problem is vaping turns ya into a shop-a-holic.

Even at almost 4 years, you're still not back to even?

You must have an insane collection of gear! :vapor:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I've spent no more than $1,300 on all vaping expenses since November 2011. I used to spend $3,300 a year on cigarettes. I write this just to let everyone know it is possible to vape on a relative shoestring if you want to. I saved most of the money. Some went to my boating hobby and other targets of discretionary income.

If you spend a lot on vaping I wouldn't worry about it. Your health is priceless.

Last edited:

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I've spent no more than $1,300 on all vaping expenses since November 2011. I used to spend $3,300 a year on cigarettes. I write this just to let everyone know it is possible to vape on a relative shoestring if you want to. I saved most of the money. Some went to my boating hobby and other targets of discretionary income.

If you spend a lot on vaping I wouldn't worry about it. Your health is priceless.

Wow, my single year expenses top your total by about $300 :oops: However, all the big money suckers (AKA cig-alike cartos and that stuff) are in the past. Now, juice is my biggest expense, so I'm guessing I'll only spend about $350-ish next year, unless I buy a new device. I just know it won't be anywhere near as much as I spent this year, and I'll hopefully be saving money by summer.

Last edited:

Slobalt7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Murika
Man, listening to you guys makes me feel much better about my vape spending, I have been vaping for about 3 months now and have spent around $300 with most of that being gear. Now that I have found a setup I like(Mech, Genny RBA, 6-12mg depending on the brand) I am going to be getting another mech and probably a couple more RBA's. Then I will be strictly buying liquid, 18650's(rarely), wire, and wick. I used to spend $200/mo. on cigs now I am spending ~$100/mo. on Vape so I am still coming out on top, especially after I get the rest of the hardware I want.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I, unfortunately, am spending a lot more on vaping than I ever did on smoking. I'd usually buy 2 packs a week (fairly light smoker), possibly more if I'm partying or out drinking, but no more than 3 packs max. Cigs are cheap here where I live... around $4-6 a pack? Dunno, haven't bought any in a long time, and while I'm a light vaper as well, I am spending a lot more on juices and different mods and clearos/tanks. I suppose I COULD be spending less since I really have everything I need and enough juice to last me for a long time but it's more addictive to buy stuff for vaping. Perhaps I just need to control my spending and stop flavor/device chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread