Wowee! What a Passthrough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
I just received my new passthrough yesterday and OMG!!!! :shock: This thing is deluxe and heavy duty! It is the Mac truck of all! The USB cord is like 10 times heavier than any other passthrough and the body is very very nice, though bigger than I thought it would be. It is actually very comfortable to hold and the switch is great. The black powder coating is beautiful! Not only is the cord heavy duty and was supposed to be 6 feet long (wow) it is actually over 8 feet long (double wow)! Okay, I guess you could say... I am blown away! :w00t:

I attached an 801 atomizer to it and it produces great vapor and great throat hit! I have also only been dripping using my brand new 60ml bottle of Riskee Yuice 24mg! Yes, it is really sealed! :thumbs: Yesterday started out as a totally crappy day :mad: at work, but when I came home to find my lovely package from PureSmoker had arrived, my spirits lifted almost immediatly! :rolleyes:

I highly recommend this passthrough! The quality is unsurpassed, it feels like it will last for years! I am not disappointed, it is worth every penny! Great job Steve and crew! You guys really truly ROCK! :thumbs::cool::hubba::wub:

Thanks again! Sue

Last edited:

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Just got mine an hour ago and was only able to cape for ten minutes before I had to run. Initial review.... Freaking awsome!!! I had modified my 510 padsthrough to get 5 volts but this thing with a 901 atty blows it completly out of the water. I'm going to try and do a video review tonight.

I look forward to the video! This thing is amazing!

gryffandor

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
Dallas
EJ, sorry but I have to disagree just a bit. The PT IS built like a truck!!! I can't imagine the chance of anything breaking except possibly the switch eventually wearing out. My problem is with the 20ga wire. It's like having an anchor from the QE II on a rowboat.I find it too stiff & unyielding to be comfortable. It will not lay where placed & keeps trying to recoil itself to its spooled state. It fights back when trying to rotate the PT to place the switch where I want it in my hand. It's the most over engineered piece of equipment I have encountered recently. The operation, itself, is great. Huge plumes of smoke always at hand. I honestly can't see how anyone could ever break this thing from normal use. Unfortunately, I find it so awkward to use I have already placed it in a draw for backup purposes. If Steve ever redesigns it with much thinner wire I would certainly purchase another.

illspeed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Denver, CO
EJ, sorry but I have to disagree just a bit. The PT IS built like a truck!!! I can't imagine the chance of anything breaking except possibly the switch eventually wearing out. My problem is with the 20ga wire. It's like having an anchor from the QE II on a rowboat.I find it too stiff & unyielding to be comfortable. It will not lay where placed & keeps trying to recoil itself to its spooled state. It fights back when trying to rotate the PT to place the switch where I want it in my hand. It's the most over engineered piece of equipment I have encountered recently. The operation, itself, is great. Huge plumes of smoke always at hand. I honestly can't see how anyone could ever break this thing from normal use. Unfortunately, I find it so awkward to use I have already placed it in a draw for backup purposes. If Steve ever redesigns it with much thinner wire I would certainly purchase another.

The larger wire is one of the reasons the PS works so well. Larger wire allows much better transfer of voltage without loss to the atomizer. I had one of the cheaper 510 passthroughs and measured only 4.1 volts not under load at the atty connector. The pure smoker measured at 5.01 volts. These readings were done using a Iphone wall charger adaptor with a 5.0 volt and 1 amp output.

I personally recieved one of the random length PS from steve and measures just under 10ft long. I do not have any issues with the unit trying to recoil itself. One thing you can do is stretch it out strait and tape it to the floor for a day. that should help it loose its coiling "memory".

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
The larger wire is one of the reasons the PS works so well. Larger wire allows much better transfer of voltage without loss to the atomizer. I had one of the cheaper 510 passthroughs and measured only 4.1 volts not under load at the atty connector. The pure smoker measured at 5.01 volts. These readings were done using a Iphone wall charger adaptor with a 5.0 volt and 1 amp output.

I personally recieved one of the random length PS from steve and measures just under 10ft long. I do not have any issues with the unit trying to recoil itself. One thing you can do is stretch it out strait and tape it to the floor for a day. that should help it loose its coiling "memory".

I agree the wire seemed to be a bit of overkill, but the end result of power is great! I too am using a 1 amp output wall adapter and it is amazing. This is now my primary home vape. I guess I got one of the random length cords as well because it is easily over 8 feet long.

Yes it is a bit awkward to get the switch in the correct position to hold it comfortably, but once you get the twist right it is just fine.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
You are KILLIN me EJ.

soupnazi.jpg

THE ORDERING PROCEDURE:
1. When you walk in move immediately to the right
2. Order your passthrough with with no emotion
3. Put your money through PayPal or on the counter and move to your left
4. Wait until it arrives, and do not give any comments

Me: "But my number is in the 16700's!!"
Steve: "NO PASSY FOR YOU!"

This is going to be a l o n g wait.
:walks out to go sulk with Lucky:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
LOL ... oi vey ...

As far as length is concerned. The first 20-30 were anywhere from 6-9 ft. long. We were trying to determine how much cable to eventually work with. We found we use about 6" total once snipped. Now, we cut at roughly 6' long, making the PT cable itself about 5.5' long ... Should hopefully cut down on excessive cable!

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
You are KILLIN me EJ.

soupnazi.jpg

THE ORDERING PROCEDURE:
1. When you walk in move immediately to the right
2. Order your passthrough with with no emotion
3. Put your money through PayPal or on the counter and move to your left
4. Wait until it arrives, and do not give any comments

Me: "But my number is in the 16700's!!"
Steve: "NO PASSY FOR YOU!"

This is going to be a l o n g wait.
:walks out to go sulk with Lucky:

LMAO....too funny

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
I got mine yesterday. :thumbs: It was well worth the wait, IMHO. It IS bigger than I thought, but I'll take that trade-off over the wimpy performance of other PT's. "Built like a tank" is the description that popped into my mind. Works great on my powered USB hub and my battery packs (Kensington and APC). I'm a computer geek and I wouldn't plug ANY PT directly into a computer, except maybe those with inline batteries.

TT33

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA

Gryff,

The 20awg cable should possess plenty of mechanical resilience to withstand some forming, twisting or straightening to get it limbered up and laying just where ya want it.:)
If your primary PassThrough uses the 28awg cable... I doubt the "BackUp" Prodigy PT will be in the drawer for long. The finer (Yet more flexible) 28awg cables simply have a terrible track record when it comes to durability.

IMHO... When I'm anchored in the rough seas of e-cig equipment and just off the Rocky shores of mechanical product failure (where most of the cheap Chinese PT's have met their fate).... I'm happily reassured in knowing my anchor line won't break free with the next wave that strikes my row boat.:D

Mike

drum of ny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Upstate NY
The whole reason I bought this PT is because the other ones I have bought were cheap throw away garbage. This includes the pee wee passthrough I bought from PS when I first started vaping. Everything has it's drawbacks. I guess it is up to what matters. Some peoples need to have their ecig look like an analog trumps their desire to have a machine that pumps out plumes of vapor and has a battery that works (i.e. SD, GG, prodigy etc.) I will wait to comment on the PS PT until I have given it a good go. So far the comments, both negative and positive, make me think that I will get everything I have wanted from a PT. By the way I think it's hilarious that people leave their house with a PT hooked up to a battery pack. Unless it's a financial thing, I don't see the point. There are plenty of great vaping devices with great batteries out now. Remember those helmets that held two beers with long hoses so that you could drink both beers at the same time? I think someone should design a hat with a battery pack to be used in conjunction with a passthrough. It could be a modified fishing hat that could also carry spare atomizers and liquid. We'll call it the ultimate vaping hat extreme!

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
maybe this has been answered already , but my passthrough cable is able to rotate where it meets the body of the PT , i have noticed this makes the switch feel off center , in fact the button itself sits at an angle when i'm using it... is this normal? it gets even worse when i take the adapter off the button goes so off center i cant press it down.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Grimm ... The button actually *floats* per say on the switch housing ... I center the switch before it leaves here.

All you need to do is unscrew the adapter ... push the switch out roughly 1/2", rotate towards the higher side a little bit, and it will then become flush again. To keep it flush, hold the button down while you screw the adapter on. Once on, it shouldn't move.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I received my passthrough in the mail today. I say this is great passthrough. No worry about wires getting broke or pull out.
The vapor on it is excellent. Nice flavors with the juice .This is made to last a long time. Very impressed with it. Makes all my passthroughs look like junk.

Nice job steve, This is the way that passtroughs should be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread