Wraps for Twisted 28g microcoil around 1.1-1.5 ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
Im not a complete newb at making micro coils as ive been rebuilding kanger coils but my Russian 91 comes in tomorrow and the first coil setup I wanna do is a twisted microcoil using 28g. My target ohms as I have a provari is around 1-1.5 ohms.

I know twisting the wire makes the resistance even lower and that twisting 28g can easily make it sub ohm resistance. I only wanna use 28g cause I have 100ft of it and don't really wanna go out and get 30-32g and use more money.

I'm gonna be using a 5/64 drill bit (2.0mm diameter) to wrap it and was wondering if anyone has expierence how many wraps would be the target amount to get around the ranges I want. 12+ wraps?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
Don't twist the wire. You can get what you need without twisting it, and doing so might not work too well (as others have said). If you want to try a coil with twisted wire and those specs, get some 30 gauge.

True. Only reason why I wanted to try it is to try something I haven't done before and create a fog machine lol. I figured more surface area would do that with twisted. Also for taste and warmness like rip tripper has described.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
True. Only reason why I wanted to try it is to try something I haven't done before and create a fog machine lol. I figured more surface area would do that with twisted. Also for taste and warmness like rip tripper has described.

IMO you should try a twisted coil on a dripper first. With the 28 gauge, it will essentially make it the resistance of 26 gauge. Anything over 1 ohm will take a ton of power to heat it up. I would just go for a vertical microcoil with non-twisted 28 gauge for now. If you were running it on a mech and had 10+ amp batteries, I'd say go for the twisted 28 at about 0.7 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread