wta

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you mean actually making it from tobacco at home, not really to my knowledge. I think someone on ECF actually developed the process alongside Aroma e-liquid, which to my knowledge was the first commercial vendor. I think it's really complicated and requires a lot of steps and /possibly a lot of personal protective equipment, where NET at home is far simpler.

If you are talking about adding "Wholesale" WTA to a self-created eliquid with one's own flavors, I think some folks use wholesale unflavored WTA that way.

However, when I used WTA, I got the wholesale unflavored and would just add some to my (DIY) eliquids, like a 1/4 or a squirt of a dropperful or so.

I don't know if there is anyone around who knows the WTA manufacturing process... I'd say probably, but IDK for sure.

Anna

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
If you mean actually making it from tobacco at home, not really to my knowledge. I think someone on ECF actually developed the process alongside Aroma e-liquid, which to my knowledge was the first commercial vendor. I think it's really complicated and requires a lot of steps and /possibly a lot of personal protective equipment, where NET at home is far simpler.

If you are talking about adding "Wholesale" WTA to a self-created eliquid with one's own flavors, I think some folks use wholesale unflavored WTA that way.

However, when I used WTA, I got the wholesale unflavored and would just add some to my (DIY) eliquids, like a 1/4 or a squirt of a dropperful or so.

I don't know if there is anyone around who knows the WTA manufacturing process... I'd say probably, but IDK for sure.

Anna
Where can I buy wholesale unflavored eliquid and wta ? and nic.
Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yes there’s a whole sub forum on it
Liquid Extraction From Tobacco

WTA's are very different then NET's. WTA'a are a completely different extraction and separation process usually requiring complicated and expensive equipment as well as specialized solvent and separation chemicals.

Net's are a simple process involving soaking tobacco leaf in a solvent like PG or alcohol over a period of time, then filtering it through a coffee filter.

The thread Liquid Extraction From Tobacco is referring to NET extraction

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't suggest mother's milk personally I found their wholesale WTA to be rather foul. Although, I did use it all.

Don't you already buy wholesale WTA from Umbavapes, Terry K? IIRC you were the one who turned me on to them.

Other makers are Ohm's vapes (I think they are connected to Umbavape somehow, pricing is similar) and Aroma is really the gold standard.

But, I thought you mentioned already only vaping "pure" (meaning wholesale, or DIY WTA to be added to other eliquids in whatever fashion) and were vaping it straight?

Are you looking for other vendors? The 4 listed above are all I know of that produce WTA, but I guess there may be more vendors.

I have never tried a "WTA finished juice" from those makers, I just added a small amount to my preexisting juice and/or tank.

As far as nicotine there are tons of wholesalers, including Nicotine River, Nicotine Giant, and a whole ton more. You could check the vendors forum. Some of the "DIY nicotine" wholesalers also sell flavors, VG and PG, as well as beakers, measuring equipment and etc. None of them, to my knowledge, sell "wholesale" WTA.

:Anna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Don't you already buy wholesale WTA from Umbavapes, Terry K?
@stols001, I think that is why Terry is asking about DIYing WTAs. Looking for a cheaper alternative to commercial WTAs perhaps?

@Terry Koontz, I think(?) DIYing WTAs exceeds(?) the capabilities, and comprehension, of most of us rank & file DIYers. Also, without some significant knowledge of chemistry, there may be significant risk as well. If you want to decide for yourself, you could start by wading through this old (2009-2011) discussion:
Beta Carboline MAOIs - towards a more effective e-liquid

Much of it is chemistry, physics, and biology; but later, there are extraction discussions as well. I am ignorant about much of the science. I only know that is is beyond the scope of my safe understanding...

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
From my phone conversation with Om (NOT Ohm's), the intended use of their 24 and 36 mg WTA is for it to be used as the base in a ready to vape mix. That is, their brand of WTA would replace USP Nicotine or nic salts in whatever DIY juice was being mixed. You'd just plug in 36 or 24 mg nicotine in the calculator and then add flavors as usual. The numbers work out just fine, but it would be fairly expensive. They also told me that only 5% of their WTA is actually WTA. The other 95% is USP VG Nicotine. It wouldn't be possible to make a true 36mg juice because the nicotine percentage would be reduced by the total percentage of flavor added. In order to make a 36mg juice (using their 36mg WTA), additional nicotine (in whatever form) would have to be added to account for the nic reduction from flavors. I hope that makes sense. I wrote it and it sounds confusing.
Charles

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, that's not how I used it, nor am I ever planning to. I just bought the same strength nicotine level and added a squirt to my tank as needed.

I can't even imagine using enough "WTA wholesale" for my mixes and to be able to afford WTA. I will say the way I used it worked out fine, and while I don't know how much "WTA" percentage is in all "wholesale" WTA, nor do I need to know, but apparently I need a lot less than 5% to find some benefit.

I can understand using WTA "wholsale" in place of base; I also understand that if I were to do it that way, I would very rapidly grow poorer than if I were actually smoking.

Heck, my last two liters of 100 mg/ml nic, I didn't even buy nic salts, as I am looking to stock fast, then forget about it. I figure if I can't handle freebase nicotine by the time I get to "that part" of my stash (likely several years from now) then I can convert it to nic salts myself.

So, while WTA makers may "feel" it best to DIY just using WTA, there is no way on planet earth that such an action will be undertaken, at least by me. Maybe if it didn't work well the way I've already use it.

With that said, I think manufacturers may well know how to get the "best result" for WTA by their recommendations, but I seem to do fine without that "best" result, so I won't be changing my method. I can also see manufacturers having a "vested interest" in having end users "DIY" with it, as it's probably a fairly expensive way to use WTA. I will say, for me, a small amount of WTA seems to go a long way, so I won't every be following the recommendations, I don't think. Etc.

Anna

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I agree with just about everything you said. I think the recommendation was as much about liability as anything else. The person I spoke with said (correctly) that by adding their 24 or 36 mg WTA to a given mix, the nicotine percentage of that mix would be higher than it was prior to adding the WTA. Theoretically, a dangerous level of nicotine could be produced. I've used it the same way you do w/no ill effects. I'm pretty sure his recommendations are what the lawyer has instructed them to say.
Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread