XHaler-101: Beginner's guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
I'm sure I'm not the only one with no previous mods experience. Just got my XH today and...can't understand how plastic cap can adjust voltage. I get 6V out with the cap tightened, loose or w/o it. 510 and 810 cart's edges instantly melted, 1 perfectly wet atty died in seconds.
Any suggestions, advises, warnings, etc posted in this thread will be GREATLY appreciated:):):)

Last edited:

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I'm sure I'm not the only one with no previous mods experience. Just got my XH today and...can't understand how plastic cap can adjust voltage. I get 6V out with the cap tightened, loose or w/o it. 510 and 810 cart's edges instantly melted, 1 perfectly wet atty died in seconds.
Any suggestions, advises, warnings, etc posted in this thread will be GREATLY appreciated:):):)

Some slight cart melting is not too uncommon at higher voltages, over time, but immediately doesn't sound right. Make sure you used the 2 Tenergy 3.0 volt batts and not the UltraFire 3.6 volt batts. I only say this cuz it's something I would do after a long day myself ;) The 2 UltraFire batts together would bring your voltage over 7 and that will def. fry an atomizer pretty quick.

Good luck and hope you get this sorted out quickly!

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
dont use a cart filler over 6V you will melt the cart .. it is too close to the burner .. if you want to try the HV drip put 3 or 4 drops in your atty and use the tip only pull off the cart with filler, you can always put it back on later ... some say use the 510 atty but I have found at HV over 5V to use the 810 atty the 810 is made for higher voltage.. make sure to keep the atty wet to avoid frying the atty ..

Last edited:

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Thank you all!:):):) I use 2 Tenergy batts totalling 6, not 7 V. Yes, carts melt almost immediately-I taste melted plastic. Still can't figure how can bottom plastic cap addjust the voltage? I don't feel a difference.
As far as using cart fillers, I've seen video reviews with ppl vaping HV mods with filled carts. What am I missing?:confused:

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
...can't understand how plastic cap can adjust voltage...

I don't have an Xhaler, so I can't speak to the device itself, but some plastics conduct electricity. One of these types of plastic is sometimes used in rheostats/potentiometers: Resistor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After a bit of digging, I found that they make plastic conductive by suspending carbon particles or fiber in the plastic. You can even find suppliers by searching for "conductive plastic" on Google. So maybe they are using something similar in the Xhaler?

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I dont have the nhaler but use several HV devices and have never melted a cart and I use filler in my carts.

I would suspect that 7+volts will melt them and that is what you are seeing here. Definately not 5v and even 6v should melt carts.

I would use 801s at 6v and 510 or 801s at 6v.

I think you are getting 7+ volts to melt carts. IMO

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
I dont have the nhaler but use several HV devices and have never melted a cart and I use filler in my carts.

I would suspect that 7+volts will melt them and that is what you are seeing here. Definately not 5v and even 6v should melt carts.

I would use 801s at 6v and 510 or 801s at 6v.

I think you are getting 7+ volts to melt carts. IMO
I have 2X3.0 V batteries in. In the worst case (with the cap loose) I should be getting 6V, or am I wrong:confused:
I do melt 510 on occasion with USB PT (5V) when i get impatient and take several long drags in short time, but never this quick...and haven't burn a single atty!
I noticed that the tube cut is not even, therefore the cap may not be touching that center screw giving me full 6V, but I don't have my tools in the hotel room to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread