Status
Not open for further replies.

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Hello all.

I just bought a new charger as my old Trust Fire is finally dying off.

I have been looking everywhere for some information, but everything I find is way to technical so I wanted to ask the experts here.
The charger allows you to set it to 0, .5 and 1 amp. My question is does it matter what this setting is or is one better for battery life?> I understand that charging at 1 amp is faster than .5, but will it shorten the battery life of my beloved AW IMR's?

I am just unsure the best setting to use and when it is appropriate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
And just to be sure there is no way this charge will charge any 3.0 or 3.2 volt batteries correct? It is only meant for 3.7 volt correct?

Thanks to all who read and post

Aruga

Phoenix07013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
clarkston, mi, USA
Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The first setting is for using the USB adapter when using your charger to charge another device like a phone using your batteries, it puts out up to 500mah.
Setting 1, is what you want for IMR's
Here's a nice review that swayed me to get this charger
Review of Charger Xtar WP2 II
He was talking about the SP2 not the WP2II.

@OP

As long as your charging rate remains below the Ah capacity of the battery you will be fine. OTOH when time permits, you can always use the 0.5 setting as slower is always better.

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Thanks for the info and that link. Great review and I now fully understand.
I may have to post a new thread to get this answer but what charger will work with 3.7 volt and 3.0-3.2 volt batteries and has a car adapter? I have looked everywhere and cannot find this type of charger.
It is a shame the Ultra Fire WF-188 does not have the car adapter option.
Any ideas?

Thanks so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
1. Set to .5 or 1 Amp-
If the battery you are charging is under 1000mah than you should set it to .5. The rule of thumb is that you should not have your charger charging faster than the ah. Above 1000mah than use the 1 Volt setting.
2. This charger is a Phase Charger, it detects the voltage in the battery and charges accordingly. It begins at a very low charge than goes to a high level of 1 amp and than at the end it trickle charges. If your battery is higher than 1000ah you will not reduce the life of the battery in the 1amp setting.
3. It is designed for 3.7Amp Batteries, under no cirumstances use it to charge a 3V or 3.2V battery.

I own this charger and before purchasing it, researched it thoroughly, the information above is a synopsis from some very detailed testing of the charger by some pro's.

Hello all.

I just bought a new charger as my old Trust Fire is finally dying off.

I have been looking everywhere for some information, but everything I find is way to technical so I wanted to ask the experts here.
The charger allows you to set it to 0, .5 and 1 amp. My question is does it matter what this setting is or is one better for battery life?> I understand that charging at 1 amp is faster than .5, but will it shorten the battery life of my beloved AW IMR's?

I am just unsure the best setting to use and when it is appropriate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
And just to be sure there is no way this charge will charge any 3.0 or 3.2 volt batteries correct? It is only meant for 3.7 volt correct?

Thanks to all who read and post

Aruga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread