Yay got my pre PACT order today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I just read a post on Snuson where some poor ....... in NY just realized he couldn't purchase any snus online.

Wow, I never knew about that restriction.
NY is crazy because most people don't mind paying a modest amount of tax so rather than collect some tax they're getting none. All because they think that all tobacco is evil (probably).

So how do your prices in the US compare now with our prices in Europe.
For example, I just placed a 25 can order with Northerner and it came in at US$131 which averages out at $5.24 per can (including tax *2 and shipping). Does PACT cause the price to come near this number?

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
NY is crazy because most people don't mind paying a modest amount of tax so rather than collect some tax they're getting none. All because they think that all tobacco is evil (probably).

For example, I just placed a 25 can order with Northerner and it came in at US$131 which averages out at $5.24 per can (including tax *2 and shipping). Does PACT cause the price to come near this number?

For me in Wisconsin it probably will exceed it. Having to pay state and Fed taxes, I pay $6.88 for a can of General locally. I'm gonna talk to the store owner and see if he will get Grov black in when I need it. If I can I may as well save on shipping costs.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA

It depends on the state you live in as every state has different taxes for tobacco. I to am in Wisconsin which has a high tax on smokeless, but Pennsylvania has no state tax on smokeless. Also, some states tax by weight and others by a percentage of wholesale price. Northerner has an article that explains it a bit more fully

Snus Information

This is just about to go into effect so we don't know the exact prices. I couldn't even give you an approximation at this point. We will know a lot more in a few weeks. One thing that has come up is that shipping charges for small orders is high so it makes more sense to make larger orders but fewer of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread