Yep, Another New Guy with Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
I have often though to quit smoking. I live in a rural part of my state so it takes awhile for things to get here. When e-cigarettes first got here about a 2 years or so ago, I bought a cheap one, and well, it was terrible. If you drew too hard on it or too long you would get juice in your mouth. After I smoked on it awhile I still wanted a cigarette. I pretty much gave up on it and went back to smoking.

My daughter has been hounding me to quit smoking forever. She is in a big college town now, recently she was telling me about this electronic vapor thingy that she got. As she was never a smoker, she only fills hers with minty/fruity/chocolaty stuff. She thought it would be just the thing for me.

On my last visit to the big city, she dragged me down to "the" store, sat me down and had me buy one. What I wound up with was 2 eGo C 1000mAh Batteries, and 3 CE4 Clearomizers, charger, and juice. What can I say, It has worked so far. I haven't had a cigarette since saturday!

I have been researching this stuff for the last several days and found a large community and tons of vendors. It is truly awesome.

Now for the questions

My Clearomizers seep just a little, enough to get your hands sticky but thats all. Is there anything I can do short of purchasing new ones?
The 1.6 ml tank doesn't last the whole workday, most of it, but it doesn't go the whole day. Is the Kanger T3 with the 2 ml tank worth buying?

It was suggested (and I agree) that I stick to tobacco flavor. I tried several kinds and decided on one that was the least sweet and had a weak ashtray aftertaste. It is particular to the shop 200 miles away from me, by name anyway. So its inconvenient to get and a little pricey. Does anyone have a good recommendation of a similar juice online?

And last any tips or tricks from people who have quit using this stuff would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
You can try ECBlends tobacco. I believe Red Box 2 is the one that a lot of people seem to think tastes similar to a cigarette. Unfortunately not many tobacco juices fit the cigarette bill... but a lot of them can satisfy you. Just gotta keep trying. As your taste buds recover from not smoking, you will start to enjoy the sweeter flavored vapes as well.

Also, are you asking us tips and tricks on how to quit e-cigarettes, or quit cigs in general? GL on your vape journey.

I would be curious to hear about the Kanger tank as well. I was looking at the Kanger Protank (the glass one) -- for anyone who had used one -- do you notice if the glass affects the taste? I have heard it is better for some types of juices that will crack and degrade plastic tanks but to me it would just seem better to not be breathing heated plastic. Any thoughts?

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I'd suggest the Kanger Protank but I don't think you'd go wrong with the T3. A lot of people like them (I'm not a huge clearomizer fan but I do like the Protank).

If you want real longevity I recommend carto/tanks. This is a tank with a cartomizer inside that can hold a substantial amount of juice (from 3ml to 7ml depending on the size). The only thing you need to replace is the cartomizer and these are fairly cheap. I get mine from - Boge.

Not a tobacco flavor enthusiast so I can't help you there. I had some RY4 from eliquid planet though that I really enjoyed.

Other advice:

Drink lots of water...lots and lots of water.

You'll get a sore throat soon. This is normal and will pass. Because e-juice doesn't contain all the tobacco alkaloids found in cigarettes you way notice other withdrawl symptoms. It varies for everybody. I suggest checking out the ECF library for some very good information on the topic (as well as others).

The ECF Library

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Probably best to get a case and carry a couple extra tanks or a small bottle of liquid to make it thru the day. If you like the ce4 the t2 is a bottom coil so would be a cooler vape rather than the warmer vape you are used to. I prefer warmer myself and use vision vivi novas they rarely leak, my ce4 leaked slightly like yours. If you get a chance try out ry4 its a vanilla caramel tobacco not really sweet just a nice flavor and is quite popular with newer vapers. Anyways good to hear you are doing good getting of smoking so far I just passed 7 weeks myself and wonder why ppl would smoke when they could vape.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I would be curious to hear about the Kanger tank as well. I was looking at the Kanger Protank (the glass one) -- for anyone who had used one -- do you notice if the glass affects the taste? I have heard it is better for some types of juices that will crack and degrade plastic tanks but to me it would just seem better to not be breathing heated plastic. Any thoughts?

Nope...glass doesn't affect the taste at all. Yes, some juices (citric types, cinnamon, etc.) can degrade plastic tanks. I use all glass tanks and I even had some Fire n' Ice that ate my o-rings (took it several weeks but eventually they melted...along with my carto filler...zoiks!).

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
:laugh::lol::lol: Am I the only one that got a chuckle out of this? Sorry RedlocksEnt, I can't help it......

pmg1944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Cruces, NM USA
I guess the last sentence was a little vague. I am looking to quit smoking cigarettes by replacing it with vaping. I want to step down the nicotine until I am just vaping, for vapings sake.

This is how i stepped down the nic level fast i found a juice flavor i liked in 24 mg bought it in 18 and 12 as well once i was able to get rid of the cravings for analogs I mixed what was left of the 24 with same amount of 18 when that was gone mixed some 18 with the 12 did that for a couple weeks and have been at 12 for last 4 weeks my goal is to be at zero by end of summer just vaping for flavor I already bought one bottle of my favorite juice in zero nic that i keep a protank full of as I have a habit of chain vaping .. One thing I cant stresss enough is drink tons of water vaping dehydrates you and once you get dehydrated I feel no matter what juice taste horrible. Just what has worked for me. Congrats on making the plunge into the wonderful world of vaping you will make alot of friends here.

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
I am kind of worried about a glass tank. My job isn't exactly glass in my pocket friendly. Are the metal covered tanks glass or plastic lined?

I also don't have a good way to carry a case around with me all day. Today I stuck a second clearomizer in a small zip lock bag, It got a little sticky so that isn't a reusable item. I searched the local wally world today and think I came up with a good solution.
Coleman - Plastic Match Holder with Matches
I'm cleaning it up right now, It looks to be a durable way to carry an extra in my pocket.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I am kind of worried about a glass tank. My job isn't exactly glass in my pocket friendly. Are the metal covered tanks glass or plastic lined?

I also don't have a good way to carry a case around with me all day. Today I stuck a second clearomizer in a small zip lock bag, It got a little sticky so that isn't a reusable item. I searched the local wally world today and think I came up with a good solution.
Coleman - Plastic Match Holder with Matches
I'm cleaning it up right now, It looks to be a durable way to carry an extra in my pocket.

When I first started vaping I carried my consumables (cartomizers, clearomizers, etc.) in a plastic cigarette case. You can find them at almost any tobacco store or Admiral gas station.

Some of the metal tanks have a plastic lining but I think most of them (especially the stainless steel ones) don't. The Protanks are pretty sturdy but yeah, safety on the job is something to consider.

Big Daddy Vapor has anodized aluminum tanks that might work for you.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Probably best to get a case and carry a couple extra tanks or a small bottle of liquid to make it thru the day. If you like the ce4 the t2 is a bottom coil so would be a cooler vape rather than the warmer vape you are used to. I prefer warmer myself and use vision vivi novas

Just to clairify, the t2 is a top coil. The t3 is a bottom feeder. In my oppinion the vivi is warm but not as warm as the t2 (I have all three). I also like a warm vape. I find the T3 and vivi to airy for me. I know I can block the holes (did on one, need to do the rest.). Out of the box, the t2 (get the long wick) gives the closet hit to an analog. But then again, it is all subjective.

For active work, I think a metal carto tank is in my future. Right now I am carrying a couple of Mine ego's with a couple of carts. Nice and small and not much to break. I stuff one in my jeans pocket and go. Keep the other in the truck.

P1010114_zps49db7b5f.jpg

Last edited:

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
Thanks for the ideas Capt.shay. After lots of looking around I thought I would try the ego-c plastic tank setup. IMG_20130528_180648_978.jpg

It is a bit long but so far seems to be pretty sturdy. I like the longevity of the 1000mAh battery, so I am going to stick with it and see how everything goes.

I bought a few T3's and agree with the airy statement. I got a Twist battery and upped the voltage to 4 and it seems to be pretty good there.

Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread