Yep, I'm new too. And I think I already messed up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
They're not trash. You're vaping. It just gets frustrating quickly when the battery only lasts for a couple hours and your ecig doesn't hit very hard. It's not all about looks. The bigger, shinier stuff has more powerful, longer lasting batteries. The small ecigs were not enough to keep me off analogs, they only supplemented them. Experiences vary.

I have a friend like this. He tried to start vaping with my old Modern Vapor Sideshos (minis/l88bs/Blu-types). He gave them back at the end of the day. A few months later, he tried one of my generic 501s with an LR carto and 30mg tobacco juice, and liked it enough to use it at work (he worked in a hospital at the time), but he still strongly preferred cigarettes when he wasn't at work. Eventually, the battery life cratered and he never bothered to replace it since he'd moved on from that job. Then last October, I bought him an eGo battery decorated with skulls and skeletons as a Hallowe'en joke, and slapped a 5 ml no-name carto tank on it with an espresso/egg-nog blended 11mg juice. He had two cigarettes in the four days he stayed with me, and those were because his only battery was on the charger. When that battery died, he went nuts looking to replace it in a hurry. By the time I went to visit him for his wedding a couple months later, he was vaping exclusively and explaining to people who hadn't seen him in ages that he'd quit smoking! (This was some deeply shocking news; nobody ever thought he'd be the guy to quit.)

He really liked smoking, and it took something that needed as little fuss/filling/fiddling/charging as a cigarette, and that had even more style, to finally replace all the things he liked about it. The nicotine level was barely a factor, once we found him something that suited him well enough to use on the schedule that was right for him -- in his case, something that lasted all day and made him feel like a BAMF to whip out in public. :laugh:

Some people really, really need the heat, the throat hit, the staying power, or the voluminous clouds of a higher-end system. Some people really, really need a nicotine delivery system that looks and feels as much like their old one as possible, no matter how inefficiently it performs compared to others. Everything that doesn't work gives us more info about what will. The only mistake is to think that since one particular ecig didn't work for someone, no ecig can. The only mistake is to give up. VAPE ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread