Yet another "Just ordered my first REO and I'm about to burst with excitement" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Henderson, NV
Well, I had to change coils. . . . . in order to have a place to put this. Not a true micro, on account of the gap in the middle. But I am still trying to see what our little friend cotton can do for us all vape-hounds. (Also, still trying to get a rise out of ol' Supe, with the SLR and all.) Anyway, the cotton is holding up just great with this little jobber. This is 26g Nichrome (=25 Kanthal) @ 0.5Ω. I think my little non-traditional center tuft is overkill. The vape is VERY sweet. Kinda reminds me of that clown on the Simpsons. (I think) . . . . . (not the sweet part, the tuft part)

Next time I'll just try a straight micro @ .5Ω. I was being forgiving with the cotton; but, apparently, no need.

ADDIT: and YES, I see that little gap in the coil. So shoot me :p
They look allot alike :p

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
as soon as I saw that "new coil" with its blue hair its all I could picture lol

Oh, I see, baconz, so that's how it is, huh? We all are trying to partake in a serious/educational forum-like experience here, and you're back there thinkin' about Krusty the Clown poppin' the poppinjay! WELL I NEVER!!!!! :facepalm:

gbacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Henderson, NV
Oh, I see, baconz, so that's how it is, huh? We all are trying to partake in a serious/educational forum-like experience here, and you're back there thinkin' about Krusty the Clown poppin' the poppinjay! WELL I NEVER!!!!! :facepalm:

roflm..o It was sticking up... and you did make it...hahaha

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Just buy them all!

I knew exactly which one I wanted as it really stood out to me but there was one more that I liked too. Placed the order one night, then the next day I ordered the other one. Absolutely no regrets! :)

L...M...A...O

Who would have thought your words would end up being literal.. probably some of the REOnauts that have been REOnauts a while now.. sitting back in their chairs watching waves of people REOlize what they have just encountered.. not the least bit surprised to see REO families grow faster than expected.

Updated family photo. Unfortunately does not include the REO cousin living the good life with my dear sister...

20130816_112852.jpg

There is a can of Mothers and a can of Nev R Dull on their way. The VVG door, brass RM2 and of course the Nickel Mini will be getting some attention in the near future :D

Thank you, Rob, for creating such a dynamite little device. Truly peerless.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
L...M...A...O

Who would have thought your words would end up being literal.. probably some of the REOnauts that have been REOnauts a while now.. sitting back in their chairs watching waves of people REOlize what they have just encountered.. not the least bit surprised to see REO families grow faster than expected.

Updated family photo. Unfortunately does not include the REO cousin living the good life with my dear sister...

20130816_112852.jpg

There is a can of Mothers and a can of Nev R Dull on their way. The VVG door, brass RM2 and of course the Nickel Mini will be getting some attention in the near future :D

Amazing what 5 weeks will get ya...........wow. Beautiful collection. And still growing? I don't see any wood in that pile.....

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Thanks Jan!

I dunno about still growing, time will tell, lol. I think this may well satiate my hunger for more REOs for a while.

I may add some wood to the mix one day. I'm more of a metal kind of guy but it would be nice to have a woody or two, in the interest of having a more representative sample of Rob's work ;)
For now having all the currently available sizes of metal REOs will just have to do :vapor:

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
L...M...A...O

20130816_112852.jpg

You are reolly into REOs /joke. Nice family pic!

RM2 on every REO is my goal plus more REOs, hmm its like the Never Ending Story :)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Thankya, _more_ :)

You may have been joking but you are correct, I am reolly, REOLLY into mah REOs. Just love em :)

Ha! It is so nice to see other metal REO collections. Now I can show mine and I have lots of company!

^^ Very nice! ;) :vapor:

Karen, is that Mini.. third from the left end.. is that what I think it is? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread