Status
Not open for further replies.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
9bfadf1fdd3c267abe4061679c511aab.jpg

So I grabbed one of these on a whim as I wanted a cheap but decent quality squonk beater and I'm not much of a fan of plain box mods or anything 3d printed. I have to say I am very impressed with the build quality.

The machining inside and out is excellent considering how complex this mod is and it looks great and feels solid in hand. I don't have an original hellfire to compare to but this clone feels like a high end mod.

I had read reports of misfires so when I got it I took it apart and cleaned all the metal contact points and applied some DeoxIT to them.

I threw a pocket rda clone on it that also arrived with the mod with a 26g .4 ohm parallel coil. Been vaping on it all day and last night since I got it. Performance has been great so far. I did experience a couple of misfires that I attribute to the tiny button and very short contact strip making for a stiffer throw that I am still getting used to. I find that pushing it deliberately and slightly upward it hits just fine every time.

I love the squonk cartridge! Detaches and reattaches easily to the mod and is nice and self contained, no leaks that I can tell after several refills. The silicone bottle is stiffer than a cappy v4 and feels great - better than a cappy even, which means I need to find some more of them, as I plan to continue using this mod.

I'm using vappower 20700s in it (first time using this battery size) and they are working great, though with my moderate build I really can't differentiate between them and an lg hg2. They hit just as well and last just as long. The mod comes with a plastic 18650 adapter and the battery cap can be tighted up to fit an 18650 if I ever want to use them.

The pocket rda clone is very impressive as well. Very smooth restricted lung hit. Love the build deck, high coil placement and restricted airflow. Haven't had a leak since I put it to use on this mod last night.

All around an awesome clone pair that I think I will enjoy using right along side my authentic setups. I also have an m-atty clone incoming that I'd like to try on this mod as well with a dual coil build to see how it performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread