YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From what I read, the G ( smaller screen ) was dropped, and the G+ became the G. Who knows lol

I prefer the carbon I have, personally. Although I normally prefer paint less gear for durability, I thought the carbon would hold up better to wear and tear over the leather. That said, I like the finish on the carbon metal bits. It looks nicely done, but only time will tell how durable it is.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
It's actually a canoe, unless you pick the slow shipping option which is where they wrap it up and throw it in the ocean.

yihi-sxmini-g-class-8.png

This is what I meant^

Perry said the leather ones will be in the week of March 6th. It's about time. I've been waiting 2 months for them to come in.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
From what I read, the G ( smaller screen ) was dropped, and the G+ became the G. Who knows lol

I prefer the carbon I have, personally. Although I normally prefer paint less gear for durability, I thought the carbon would hold up better to wear and tear over the leather. That said, I like the finish on the carbon metal bits. It looks nicely done, but only time will tell how durable it is.

they should use the leather from the therion, that one has been indestructible for me.

I like cf a lot but I won't buy the carbon one bc my coworkers one that he's had for about a week, and treated very carefully, a bunch of the grey paint has come off on the bottom already... that's very fast for paint to come off imo. plus I think regular, non-painted SS looks classy and I don't ever buy painted rta's.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
When I saw the carbon fiber and leather models at the ECC show both my friend and I preferred the leather. One of the reasons is because of the bare metal on the leather versions, no paint to chip off.

I would really like it if they came out with an all stainless steel version, just not the spider man design. I hate it when paint starts chipping and for a $220 mod that is unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I only buy stainless most of the time for the reasons stated. Sad news about the finish kiba :( So far I haven't seen an issue with mine in that regard, but it doesn't sound promising.

I got another reply from Yihi already. They wanted to know if the clock still keeps time? lol. I did explain that ( and a video ), but I understand the translation thing :) I always try to be short and to the point. Even then...

I figure if it takes a while, then I may be able to kill two birds with one stone if the finish goes south :D

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
they should use the leather from the therion, that one has been indestructible for me.

I like cf a lot but I won't buy the carbon one bc my coworkers one that he's had for about a week, and treated very carefully, a bunch of the grey paint has come off on the bottom already... that's very fast for paint to come off imo. plus I think regular, non-painted SS looks classy and I don't ever buy painted rta's.

That's why I held off of buying a carbon fiber G. I had a feeling painted stainless steel wouldn't hold up long. I have to admit it's been torture waiting for the leather Gs while everyone else has been enjoying their CF Gs. :lol:

Last edited:

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
That's why I held off of buying a carbon fiber G. I had a feeling painted stainless steel wouldn't hold up long. I have to admit it's been torture waiting for the leather Gs while everyone else has been enjoying their CF Gs. :lol:
dec. 20th, seems like 2 years ago.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
That's why I held off of buying a carbon fiber G. I had a feeling painted stainless steel wouldn't hold up long. I have to admit it's been torture waiting for the leather Gs while everyone else has been enjoying their CF Gs. [emoji38]
Tbh I just don't feel like metal should be painted, Idk why China feels they have to paint all their mods. Just for fun, I recently stripped a freinds janky looking 3 month old smok alien and imo it just looked so much better w/ brushed zinc alloy. Aluminum and titanium are one thing bc you can bond the color to the metal with anodizing but paint just never sticks well.

MarkC

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
London, UK
I am not convinced about the silver versions either tbh. From the photos they look like they are coated in some sort of lacquer which can look just as bad if chipped etc. Still hopefully just the photos and they will be bare metal.
Had my Carbon one for over a week now and not a mark on it but as mentioned only time will tell how they fare. Am going to drop a wrap on mine in the mean time, not a great fan of them but it will offer some protection until it becomes last weeks mod lol :D

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not permitted- Rules

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I am not convinced about the silver versions either tbh. From the photos they look like they are coated in some sort of lacquer which can look just as bad if chipped etc. Still hopefully just the photos and they will be bare metal.
Had my Carbon one for over a week now and not a mark on it but as mentioned only time will tell how they fare. Am going to drop a wrap on mine in the mean time, not a great fan of them but it will offer some protection until it becomes last weeks mod lol :D
really? wth would they put a plating over stainless steel? sometimes china confuses the hell out of me lol. still, I could always just sand it off.

(Removed quote of deleted post and reply)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
So I'm within a hair of pulling the trigger on this. Anyone wish they hadn't of made this purchase?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say I regret purchasing it at all its a lovely well made mod and very different from anything else you will own just be wary that it's a big beast and that screen makes it a little bit more on the delicate side.

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not for discussion in the Open Forum - Rules

MarkC

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
London, UK
really? wth would they put a plating over stainless steel? sometimes china confuses the hell out of me lol. still, I could always just sand it off.

(Removed quote of deleted post and reply)

Yeah I know and I truly hope I am wrong but if you look at the current photos out there, ok, possibly not final production units but they, at least to me, look like there is some sort of coating on the metal. It just does not look like bare metal to me. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread