YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
London, UK
So dropped an anti-glare screen protector and wrap on mine for a little protection for now but more importantly no overhang with the FatBoy lol :D:thumb:

2017-03-01 19.40.43.jpg

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
I agree. YIHI takes forever to get mods to market after they announce them. Then they're always way off on their shipping dates. Maybe it's time for a new CEO.
I think he is the one that created the g. i'm not upset with varitube but it is aggrivating an almost 3 month wait. on the other hand I really wanted the blue q and got tired of waiting and got the red one. not this time I am waiting it out for the brown leather.

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I think he is the one that created the g. i'm not upset with varitube but it is aggrivating an almost 3 month wait. on the other hand I really wanted the blue q and got tired of waiting and got the red one. not this time I am waiting it out for the brown leather.

I'm waiting for a brown leather too. I know the blame isn't with vendors. It's YIHI making promises to vendors and not delivering.

Reactions: oldude 61

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Long, Informational, sometimes painful (needed Anti-Fan-Boy "whine-bagger" self-important Curmudgeon filter equipped Goggles at times ;)), but always Entertaining, Educational, and Enlightening Thread/Read.
After all read, said, and done,,,, come to the no-brainer conclusion: gonna have to get me one of these in the near future.
Sounds like a typical YiHi device Rollout ie. the SX Mini awhile back. Great overall Device, lotsa new "spins", "improvements", enhancements, departures, etc. from standard Fare, Joules Concept was polarizing (some likey-some hatey-some no biggey), the Finish was hit-n-miss for some, the SW/FW had it's shortcomings and a few glitches that were eventually worked out satisfactorily in subsequent FW Updates. By the sound and read of this Thread, it would appear this is along those same lines and routines.
oh BTW, they absolutely DO pay attention to a few main Threads here on ECF dealing with their new Products through the Roll-out and subsequent "testing" by the esteemed Member here. That goes even a tad deeper but not gonna divulge all the double-secret Intel :2cool:
They do seem to like to use the initial batch of Owners as sort of a large Beta-Test Focus Group in some ways but then again,,, that is a well-known possibility/fact with YiHi. Oh well and No Big Deal (IMO). They ain't holding a gun to nobody's head to buy one nor are they denying or trying to cover-up and/or squelch any honest testimony from actual Owners/Users.
Then again, I'm a Realist. Ain't nothing in Vape Gear EVER gonna suit me or my needs/wants/desires 100% to a T. Progress NOT Perfection my Fellows. To expect anything more is less than,,, "smart" :cool:
All things weighed Objectively, Honestly, Logically, Reasonably, Rationally, and "Cobb-lessly" :laugh:,,, this looks to be a much better than average Device with awesome immediate potential as well as quite unique in Design, Ergonomics, Function, Feel, and Aesthetics.
I like it and I'ma gonna get me one.
Your Opinion and Mileage may vary.
And,,, that's cool too :thumbs:
But I don't care or give a :shock: cause I'm gonna get one so :pervy: to you.
:D

P.s. Seriously though, a valuable read across the board and thanks to all who contributed to this point.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
So for everyone that has one how has the paint held up?

Any cons other than what was already stated that has crept up during use?

I too am holding out for the leather versions only because it is bare metal instead of painted. My black Q Mini's paint has held up well but have seen some online reviews were there paint has some chips. Planning on getting the G class to replace my Q Mini which I will then sell off. I do like the Q Mini but it is not like the performance is any better than my DNA250 or Hohmtech mods. I just want the G Class for the 30mm friendly top and good looks.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

xxjohnnyrocketxx

Mar 18, 2017
New to this forum but vaping many years, pretty computer savvy. I received mine today, tried connecting to sxi-q but when I connect the mod goes into charge mode and the software does not show it as connected. Is there a link mode I have to put this in? Anyone else have this problem? I'm running on a windows 10 PC. Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
New to this forum but vaping many years, pretty computer savvy. I received mine today, tried connecting to sxi-q but when I connect the mod goes into charge mode and the software does not show it as connected. Is there a link mode I have to put this in? Anyone else have this problem? I'm running on a windows 10 PC. Thanks for anyone's help in .
I am not real sure but I think it is only set up for the I phone. but I am probable wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread